Brand New Mavic - Faulty on arrival?
1100 3 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4ed38dd1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I received my Mavic yesterday (ordered on Monday after cancelling a 2 months old order with a third party!) - nice quick delivery.... went through the activation process without issues, told me it needed a firmware update so accepted that... and that's where it all goes wrong, firmware upgrade failed.

I've used the Go 4 App using an iPhone 6, tried again using an iPhone 7 (as requested by DJI), then tried downgrading and upgrading using DJI assistant 2 on my laptop... none of this worked.

I then tried the downgrade using the Go 4 app, that succeeded, but then an upgrade failed after restarting everything.

So, in short, this mavic wont accept the firmware update.

Chat support have told me it needs to be repaired or replaced and they have apparently sent the email to start this process, but I've not heard anything so far.

I'm hoping since this is a brand new unit that's never even flown it'll be a straight forward replacement and not a repair....

Has anyone been through this in the UK? if so, how long has it taken you to get a replacement?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

Chris
2017-2-16
Use props
danthephotoman
lvl.1
United States

I have been round and round with DJI Tech repair department.  See my post in Video and Photos on Red Shift in center of frame.   I to wanted a replacement.  The tech at DJI told me that a replacement would take MUCH MUCH longer than a repair because of the production status of the Mavic.   I ordered my Mavic before Christmas of 2016 and I've had it in my hands for a total of 6 short days and now it's gone again.  Good luck getting a replacement.
2017-2-16
Use props
Chewer87
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hm, I don't think production/stock should really be an issue anymore - I ordered Monday and got it Wednesday! - DJI Store is still showing 1-3 day delivery in the UK.

Not heard anything back still.... talking to them using online chat, they keep telling me to send an email.... I've sent that email today so hopefully will hear something back soon.
2017-2-16
Use props
danthephotoman
lvl.1
United States

Chewer87 Posted at 2017-2-16 06:40
Hm, I don't think production/stock should really be an issue anymore - I ordered Monday and got it Wednesday! - DJI Store is still showing 1-3 day delivery in the UK.

Not heard anything back still.... talking to them using online chat, they keep telling me to send an email.... I've sent that email today so hopefully will hear something back soon.

Very interesting.  Not the case here in the US.   They are on backorder.    You should check your camera for the problem I refer to in my "Red Shift" post.   I have a gut feeling that it is a flaw in the camera sensor and will be apparent in all Mavic's.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules