2777 15 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bochen7
lvl.2
United States

What I'd like to see:

1) 360 degree total awareness:

Instead of four sensors like the P4, just get one LiDAR such as like the  Velodyne PUCK instead (or a smaller more micro version that has come  out by then), now it can see everything at every angle. Full envelope  flight protection.

2) built-in 4G capabilities for the Mavic and the controller.

They can use the Internet to communicate, and thus making Mavic  controllable . from anywhere in the world, and sending flight data back  just like the way airplanes use ACARS.  When RC signal lost, it will  seemingly transition to cellular signal.
Also a specialized version of Mavic that has satellite capabilities, to  give Iridium a run for its money, making Mavic flying even in remote  areas without cell towers.

3) Wireless recharging. Autodocking.

So in theory when airborne recharging blimps are built, Mavic can fly  from town to town to town by hoping from recharging station to  recharging station. Coupled with the 4G/Internet and ipv6, it will also  never get lost, and can be controlled via smart phone or web browser or  by anyone anywhere in the world that has been given access to control by  the pilot owner. If enough drone owners build and install recharging  stations on their roof perhaps there can even be a distributed trust  based network of wireless recharging stations, thus enabling a single  drone to travel across the country. It would be the Mavic that went  around the world.

4) Voice command, natural language, pilots intent:

With 4G and Internets capability the Mavic can offload a lot to the  cloud. Leverage Google's deep learning AI and translate so it can  understand anyone in any language with any accent at any age. Then parse  that into something like IBM's Watson so that it can understand the  intent of the user and the user can use every day natural language as if  speaking to a person or even a child. And the Mavic can then via the  app or controller also speak back in natural nature. So piloting the  Mavic will be as easily as if having a conversation with a person.  Something like : "hey take off, go that way, take some interesting  photos of the sunrise and then fly back and land in my front lawn, and  upload to my facebook, remember to go recharge yourself, send me a text  when done." or "if the weather is nice tomorrow, remember to go fly  around the park and take some videos of the lake during the golden  hours, if there are any boats nearby, do some close flybys but not too  close that you might risk getting shot down"

5) Truly autonomous.

Mavic develops its own artist eye and personality over time, something  like Cozmo but lightyears ahead. Again the backend will be leveraging  Google or IBM's AI and data-centers for real-time compute, but  essentially as Mavic gets flown by the owner over time it adapts and  develops a personality that is most aligned with the pilots preferences  and predilections. Much like Google's AutoAwesome and the new Google  Photos that uses AI to automatically detect and pick out the best photos  from a vast set, Mavic can uses its own intelligence to find and  capture perfect moments without any pilot intervention, perfect for  helping out at events like weddings and ceremonies when it can be just  left alone to do its own thing and there doesn't need a dedicated person  to be piloting or controlling or even talking to it. When traveling,  going to a new place, it will alert and remind you to let it out and set  it down, it will automatically fly around while you enjoy the new  place, completely autonomously taking the most beautiful photos and  videos and finding its way back to you when done. Eventually drones  become commodity as a service, since the brains of the drone will be in  the cloud itself, you don't have to actually take your drone with you,  but when going to a new city for traveling, all you have to do is rent  locally that same model of drone, the brains download, and its like your  drone is there without you having to carry it around in luggage or on  the airplane.This will do to aerial photography drone ownership the same  that self driving cars will do to car ownership. Everywhere one goes,  there is a swarm of drones readily at the fly for rental, and it  remembers who you are and all that.

6) Smart home integration.

With something like Nest or etc. If a Nest cam detects suspicious  activity at night, a hardened outdoor weatherproof version of the Mavic  auto launches and flys around to see what is up, then comes back and  recharges itself, uploading the video to the police for investigation  etc. With 4G and AI, if it detects a break in it can even automatically  call 911 or emergency services. This could be especially useful if  homeowners are away.
2017-2-16
Use props
Plowboy1065
lvl.1

United States

As said on the other forum you posted this in, what the F are you smoking?
2017-2-16
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

Introducing the Mavic 2.... yours for only $500,000!
2017-2-17
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe an additional feature would be to use the props to trim my grass and hedges too?!?!

One a serious note....someone is already developing #6 @ Sunflower Labs.  
2017-2-17
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

dude... what are you smoking.... Bring that crappy idea to another company that doesn't care.... That's not what Mavic is for. All side protection is nice, i agree. but with the form factor you're lucky to have front and ground visibility sensors. if you fly backwards into a wall and expect that to be safed by a sensor, you're dumber then I thought.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Let's keep this civil. We should welcome discussions like this.
2017-2-17
Use props
curtismyhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47667 ft
United States

Truthfully, all of this sounds excessive (read: expensive).  As for my modest take, I'd love to see the Mavic 2 incorporate the Phantom 4 Pro sensor (or something a bit more in it's league), and perhaps rear sensors...though I never fly backwards so it's not a necessity.  
2017-2-17
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

So if you like pizza and $65,000 hotdog parties, it flys up out of your bag and you're busted!

I like the 4G control. In South Korea, this would mean you could fly anywhere. Here in North America, not so much.
2017-2-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Ok after reading 1 and 2 like ok hes asking a little much but then as i kept reading i was like ok this guys on another planet or just trolling.
2017-2-17
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

My list says:

1. Improved camera. Will it be too expensive, one gimball that can hold an action camera.
2. Better protection of the camera and gimball on "flying accident".
3. At least 2 inc higher leg.
4. Better software that can run on those platforms which they are posted. People will not stand and "greasy" with something that does not work all the time.
5. Radio Controler must hold a large tablet too. The old design is very bad.

Regards Leif
2017-2-17
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

I want a effing Jacuzzi on mine!!!
2017-2-17
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Plowboy1065 Posted at 2017-2-16 20:15
As said on the other forum you posted this in, what the F are you smoking?

What an idiot this guy is
2017-2-17
Use props
jgadea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131985 ft
United States

I would just settle for good customer service.
(Mods not withstanding)..
2017-2-17
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Amen
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

I want what he's smoking {:4_181:}
2017-3-18
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

If your taking this in all seriousness, then may be you whom needs to smoke a lil.
He obviously reads alot and fantasizes? about fusing cutting edge into laymen applications.
It's not too distant that a security drone will confront you and ask what your intentions are.
Wont be a mavic tho.
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules