Inspire 2 vs Matrice600Pro vs Alta8
5265 8 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
24ctDrone
lvl.2

United States

Anyone have any suggesitons on which to buy?  I've heard the m600 was a complete bust,  so I'm wondering what's the next best thing?  Any videos?  Suggestions?  Comparison Videoes?
2017-2-16
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The price, the dji inspire 2 with the X5S is a dream, no joke
2017-2-17
Use props
Perspectrum
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6890879 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a great review of the inspire 2 with the m600. The m600 is no bust. Its a great UAV.

2017-2-21
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Based on price and specs, the Alta 8 is in a different class than the Matrice 600 Pro and certainly the Inspire 2. I find that comparing items that far apart in price is difficult. For what it's worth, I have had 3 different Phantom models and now own an Inspire 2 with X5S camera system. I can say that the Inspire 2 is a formidable solution. Unless there is something specific that you need to accomplish that the Inspire 2 cannot achieve, I would go with the Inspire 2 and not look back. I am extremely pleased with my Inspire 2 so far and look forward to using it with the 2nd remote that I just ordered. I will also be ordering at least one SSD as soon as I can get the reader with it (I can find the middle-sized SSD but no reader in stock). This will allow me to shoot video directly to ProRes. Even shooting in H.265 and converting to ProRes, the videos are amazing.
2017-2-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I have seen the Alta 8 and it is about half the size of my couch.  It ain't small and even the carry case looks like a washing machine in size.  Very nice craft that can lift about 40 pounds, but then you have to add all the camera gear and wireless on top of  it and that can push it over $20K easily.  One guy on Creative Live mentioned a crew flew one in the San Francisco Bay and it was around $80K in gear lost.

Inspire 2 is pretty much all integrated for the cost and you can get away solo flying.  The Alta generally is a two-man setup for filming.

2017-2-22
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perspectrum Posted at 2017-2-21 05:08
Here is a great review of the inspire 2 with the m600. The m600 is no bust. Its a great UAV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WXVV9erFwg

Naw, the M600 is a total bummer.   I have heard the M600PRo fixed the issues the M600 was having.  I can tell you first hand, a big no on  the M600 standard!  I mean look at that fully integrated beauty that is the I2.. I've got my eyes on it.  Thinking about going all out,  but have to get my other drones straightened out first
2017-2-22
Use props
Drone Trilogy
lvl.2
Canada

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-2-17 03:58
The price, the dji inspire 2 with the X5S is a dream, no joke

It is way before its time.
2017-2-22
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Hey OP,

Don't get distracted by Marketing and Hype.
There is serious coin involved in any way you choose to go forward so take it slowly and be an informed customer.

These things are just tools - what is the job that you are looking to do with it?
Start by considering what payload functionality you require, then work backwards from that.

Each of those options has good and bad points - just getting opinions from people (esp from people still excited about their new toys) doesn't necessarily inform you to make a logical decision for your use case.

This industry is plagued with over-inflated marketing hype.
2017-2-22
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

6 battery's for one flight, come on, when you are a hollywood player and have a budget that is sky hi, buy it, when not, the inspire 2 is a dream

Vince
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules