Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Catching a Mavic Pro
2187 8 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

Here's something folks might find useful...

2017-2-17
Use props
berndv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2953 ft
Netherlands

I take a slightly different approach on starting and hand-landing the mavic in un-even suroundings as you can see in this video:

My tip on hand landing is at 2:54
2017-2-17
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for that good stuff.  Love your footage as well.  Nice work.  
2017-2-17
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

berndv Posted at 2017-2-17 02:28
I take a slightly different approach on starting and hand-landing the mavic in un-even suroundings as you can see in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJnRbaKtbI

Hey, that's a pretty clever way to launch the Mavic Pro!  I have actually found an easy way to hand launch.  I was thinking of putting together a video on that as well.

As for the landing, I tried your method before I discovered my method, but I found it a little more awkward.

Great tips, Berndv.  I like how you put your video together.
2017-2-18
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
United States

Turkk71 Posted at 2017-2-17 06:31
Thanks for that good stuff.  Love your footage as well.  Nice work.

Thanks, Tukk71.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  It's kind of a new video style for me, so it was kind of an experiment, and I wasn't sure how it would go over.
2017-2-18
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

No room in a little bag for all that stuff. I like to hand catch the same way as that guy in the previous video. Turn the quad around and catch it from the back end, then hold stick down 3 seconds.

Launch, I kneel down and sit the mavic on my knee, turn it on, then hold it up from the back end just like the catch.

You wait a bit, get a gps signal and home point. Then hold it over my head while kneeling with one hand, controller on my thigh, then 45 both sticks to start the motor, up and let get go.
2017-2-18
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Thanks for the video, and makes sense in avoiding your hand covering sensors.  
2017-2-18
Use props
Luckyroo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2590305 ft
Thailand

Hi, thanks to share,, any idea of the cost if you were to make them and if so from what country you would post as Im in Aus ...  its a good device you created ...  I'm now testing using the drone for hand help pics and vids to save time switching to a OSMO so the idea of a tripod mount is perfect
2017-4-28
Use props
Luckyroo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2590305 ft
Thailand

Hi, thanks to share,, any idea of the cost if you were to make them and if so from what country you would post as Im in Aus ...  its a good device you created ...  I'm now testing using the drone for hand help pics and vids to save time switching to a OSMO so the idea of a tripod mount is perfect

2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules