7925 21 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brunetti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108251 ft
Germany

Hi all,

I'm trying to use one of the F-Ports on the A3 to get power (5-13V) for a remote control for the Sony A7 on the Zenmuse 15. I tried for days with the Shutter- and D-Values in the Assistant Software, but none of this works, there seems to be no electric tension.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? I don't want to mount a battery on the Z15...

Best regards, Brunetti
2017-2-17
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I presume you are using LB2?
If so there is no solution unless you buy the LB2 expansion module for over £200
This function was described at launch as coming soon with no mention of having to buy an add on piece of hardware.
It has been a blatant con by DJI who have been misleading customers deliberately for nearly a year now on this issue.
They are a disgrace.
2017-2-17
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-2-17 06:59
If so there is no solution unless you buy the LB2 expansion module for over £200
This function was described at launch as coming soon with no mention of having to buy an add on piece of hardware.

There are alternative ways:

2017-2-17
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KopterKraft.com Posted at 2017-2-17 09:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh30eD15Ii8

I've looked at the website and this looks to be exactly what I need. Do you know how I can get hold of it and how much it is?
2017-2-17
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you for the info. Yes, it's an LB2 and i'm very irritated that DJI doesn't seem to think this trough. My needs are very common: using a full format camera with one of the most reliable gimbals, and I thought this would be the easy part. Nope! It's not only that the integrated infrared signal on the Z15 is only used for simple shuttering and nothing more, there seems to be no way to get power in this area so I could use a remote unit (there are some very functional ones in the market, I'm using AirCommander). If you want to benefit from the capabilities of the camera, you have to be able to control at least the exposure correction and iso. But at this point the photographers were left alone from DJI.

But I will check the Kopterkraft, maybe this helps.
2017-2-17
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you for the info. Yes, it's an LB2 and i'm very irritated that DJI doesn't seem to think this trough. My needs are very common: using a full format camera with one of the most reliable gimbals, and I thought this would be the easy part. Nope! It's not only that the integrated infrared signal on the Z15 is only used for simple shuttering and nothing more, there seems to be no way to get power in this area so I could use a remote unit (there are some very functional ones in the market, I'm using AirCommander). If you want to benefit from the capabilities of the camera, you have to be able to control at least the exposure correction and iso. But at this point the photographers were left alone from DJI.

2017-2-17
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

KopterKraft.com Posted at 2017-2-17 09:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh30eD15Ii8

without any prrof - all this on video like a fake
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Brunetti Posted at 2017-2-17 12:09

If you're using a Z15 A7 gimbal, you would not use the F-ports for gimbal control and basic start/stop functions. Perhaps I may be misreading, is what you have connected to the F-port not a part of the Z15, but something else?
2017-2-17
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-17 15:11
If you're using a Z15 A7 gimbal, you would not use the F-ports for gimbal control and basic start/stop functions. Perhaps I may be misreading, is what you have connected to the F-port not a part of the Z15, but something else?

Hi Jamie,

thank you for the reply, but there is a misunderstanding: I wanted to use one of the F-Ports to get power (something between 5-12V) for the receiver of the camera remote control. My dealer thoughts this would be possible. With the gimbal control itself I don't have any problem, since this is a regular A3-LB2-Z15 A7 configuration.
2017-2-18
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-17 15:11

Hi Jamie
I know this has nothing to do with you as you have been very helpful in trying to keep us posted on this issue.
DJI promised F port function on launch of the A3 with no mention of extra hardware. Even throughout  2016, when you look at all the posts on this subject, there has been no mention of a hardware addition to make this function work.
We have always been led to believe that this is a Firmware upgrade and not a hardware issue. You even told us in around November last year that the new firmware was 'in testing'.
We then get the announcement that there is an expansion kit which needs to be purchased in order for the advertised  functions to work.
DJI must have known this when the A3 was launched but instead of being up front and honest, they have continued to lie, both to you and all the members of this forum for nearly a year now.
DJI are guilty of obtaining money under false pretences (FRAUD) and misrepresentation.
Even now it is not clear to potential purchasers what the extreme limitations of the A3 are, so they continue, unchallenged, to give false and misleading information.
The arrogance and dishonesty of this company  continues to amaze me, and the fact that they have not been held to account for this corrupt practice astounds me!
I guess that some form of compensation is out of the question as the treatment of M600 owners illustrated?
DJI's deceitful commercial practices  make the dishonesty of Volkswagen look insignificant by scale and they were fined billions!
2017-2-18
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

about Kopterkraft
This is a good company, but they use their own software in LB2 (may be on LINUX) and accordingly DJI GO not works with their module, moreover by means of SDK it is impossible, I think, to force to work the ports F1...8,  as they are not included in an DJI SDK Open Protocol. I looked at the oscilloscope, the Protocol LB2 not SBUS or DBus. For us  it is sufficient to have a LB2 to PWM Converter similar to the SBus to PWM  Converter and to assign channels in the transmitter LB2.
2017-2-18
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

memo.problem Posted at 2017-2-17 12:59
without any prrof - all this on video like a fake

it's not a fake

i do beta testing with the system from kopterkraft.de

2017-2-18
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

if it is not a fake - could share more info about this system? How telemetry back to App ?
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-2-18 03:38
Hi Jamie
I know this has nothing to do with you as you have been very helpful in trying to keep us posted on this issue.
DJI promised F port function on launch of the A3 with no mention of extra hardware. Even throughout  2016, when you look at all the posts on this subject, there has been no mention of a hardware addition to make this function work.

It is unfortunate that the solution that DJI provided wasn't mentioned sooner. I honestly couldn't tell you whether or not DJI knew this was going to be the end result to using the F-channel functions, or if this ended up being the answer after several trial and errors of trying to have the function work with the current hardware. At this time, this combination will be the only way to get full functionality from the F-channels.
2017-2-18
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-18 18:47
It is unfortunate that the solution that DJI provided wasn't mentioned sooner. I honestly couldn't tell you whether or not DJI knew this was going to be the end result to using the F-channel functions, or if this ended up being the answer after several trial and errors of trying to have the function work with the current hardware. At this time, this combination will be the only way to get full functionality from the F-channels.

Hi Jamie,

is this channel expansion for M600 the solution you mentioned?

Would this unit be able to expand the command set for the infrared port on the Z15 A7? I mean to operate more than just the shutter?
2017-2-19
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Germany

Hi DJI,

i really need some information about this, please... you could make some money...
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Brunetti Posted at 2017-2-19 01:37
Hi Jamie,

is this channel expansion for M600 the solution you mentioned?

Yes, that is the kit I was referring to. In order to expand the camera options like that, it would most likely require a separate trigger module that would be connected to one of the F-ports and programed to one of the switches on the expansion kit. You couldn't digitally expand the command functions with just what's provided with the Z15 itself.
2017-2-21
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-21 14:49
Yes, that is the kit I was referring to. In order to expand the camera options like that, it would most likely require a separate trigger module that would be connected to one of the F-ports and programed to one of the switches on the expansion kit. You couldn't digitally expand the command functions with just what's provided with the Z15 itself.

Hi Jamie,

thank you for the response!

regards, Brunetti
2017-2-21
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

Hi, as requested, some further information on the PulseKraft PWM extension solution:

- As DucPeter already confirmed, this is NO FAKE. There are several beta testers who are testing it at the moment on M100, A3 + LB2 and N3 + LB2. All of them got it running as shown in the video. Now I am searching for someone who wants to test it on M600.

- In contrast to the Channel Expansion Kit, it allows you to use the controls of the RC handset (shoulder wheels, buttons, switches) to map them on PWM ports (on the little box shown in the video - not the F1-F8 ports which still can be mapped using the DJI channel expansion kit). It is possible to assign several outputs to the left and right wheel  and use them in a "shifted" operation mode (playback button acts as shift key in that case). This for example allows you to use the left wheel for tilt as well as for roll axis. If you look at the position, where the channel expansion kit has to be mounted, it is easy to assume, which solution seems to be more handy for operating a gimbal or a kamera.

- As my solution requires the mobile SDK as well as the onboard SDK, it is necessary to use my app instead of the GO App in case you want to benefit from the extra channels. I do not see a big draw back as you can not make use of the DJI camera / gimbal related functions built in the GO app anyway in case you are using a 3rd party gimbal / camera. On the other hand you get several features with my app, which are not provided in the GO app:
     - Uploading and controlling prearranged waypoint missions including a rasterizing function similar to that of the GS pro (but on ANDROID)
     - Addional telemetry (e.g. live GPS position)
     - display of additional sensor data received through a backward channel from your own sensors located on the aircraft
I wish I could add the functionality to the GO app but DJI does not provide a kind of plugin mechanism for that purpose (although requested by many users of the dev-forum).

Currently the solution is going to be enhanced by an addon that allows you to connect an Arduino to my box with an open interface. On the Arduino you will be able to add your own sensor integration (like air pollution sensors, LiDAR etc.) and the data from the sensors can be transmitted to and displayed on the ground app. This addon will propably provide SBus signals as well.
2017-2-23
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

alikc218 Posted at 2017-2-18 06:41
about Kopterkraft
This is a good company, but they use their own software in LB2 (may be on LINUX) and accordingly DJI GO not works with their module, moreover by means of SDK it is impossible, I think, to force to work the ports F1...8,  as they are not included in an DJI SDK Open Protocol. I looked at the oscilloscope, the Protocol LB2 not SBUS or DBus. For us  it is sufficient to have a LB2 to PWM Converter similar to the SBus to PWM  Converter and to assign channels in the transmitter LB2.

The frame DBus of LB2 consists of 25 bytes
1=31 (0x1F) start of frame
2..23 = data
24 = changes the value in the linking of the remote and receiver
25=0 the end of the frame
Bytes
2..8 = change value when moving the sticks E A T R
8..9 = change values when you switch flight modes
9..10 = change of value when driving of the switch under the right stick ( GEAR?)
11..23 = 0 always
the other switches on the remote transmitter do not change data of frame
those LB2 passes to A3 only 6 channels + confirmation linking

It's all on the old soft LB2
2017-2-23
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

alikc218 Posted at 2017-2-18 06:41
about Kopterkraft

The frame DBus of LB2 consists of 25 bytes
1=31 (0x1F) start of frame (0x0F for SBus)
2..23 = data
24 = changes the value in the linking of the remote and receiver
25=0 the end of the frame
Bytes
2..8 = change value when moving the sticks E A T R
8..9 = change values when you switch flight modes
9..10 = change of value when driving of the switch under the right stick ( GEAR?)
11..23 = 0 always
the other switches on the remote transmitter do not change data of frame
those LB2 passes to A3 only 6 channels + confirmation linking
only one switch may use as PWM
It's all on the old soft LB2
2017-2-23
Use props
mike fly
lvl.1

United States

The original question on this thread was how to receive 5-13V of power from the F-Ports.  I was looking to do the same thing and found several sources online indicating that voltage is not provided by the center pin of the F-Ports even though they are documented as voltage pins in the SDK (https://developer.dji.com/onboar ... ti-function-io.html).

I was able to get 5v from the center pin of the SBus port.  I also read that you can get 9v from the first pin of the API port but I have not tried this.  There are warnings against putting heavy loads on these ports (motor) because it could hang the flight controller or make it unpredictable.  I power a simple RC switch with the 5v from SBus and use the signal and ground from an F-Port for the same switch.  It works great.  

I am not a kopterkraft customer, but much of the information I am sharing here, can be learned from their operator's manual available here (http://www.kopterkraft.com/index.php/downloads).  
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules