Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not another landing gear issue...
831 6 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

Ok, I think I know what happened, but it is a bit scary.  Was flying over a man made pond today, maybe 30-40' above, very very bright out, huge reflections and VPS was left ON (dumb?)...anyway, the bird all of a sudden put the landing gear down.   I immediately brought her back to me, tried to raise it over ground and it started and went back down.  I lowered the bird, shut her off, back on again, she was fine flying over ground, back onto the water, same thing happened.  So is this simply because I didn't turn the avoidance stuff off and the reflections tricked the sensors that it was close to the ground?

Newbie wants to know...Thanks all.
2017-2-17
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

What are you flying?
2017-2-17
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

Inspire 2, but truth be told take my mavic to the same spot, no issues.  Then again, different conditions and light.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The VPS does not like reflective surfaces, this if very likely the cause. Whe you went over the water again, did you turn off the VPS before going back?
2017-2-17
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

Hi Jamie, no I didn't.  What was odd though when I came back onto land, I tried to raise them back up, and then it started going down, almost clicked (thought it was stuck like the other issues you hear about)...I landed and took off again and all was well.  
2017-2-17
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

The safest way is to turn off "automatic landing gear" I prefer to control when the gear changes state thats what the switch on the controller is for...
2017-2-17
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.4
United States

Damn, this is what happens when I'm not familiar with all of the controls.  Thanks Doc.  Still waiting on your 4G thread to figure out how you are flying with 4G.
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules