Mavic Pro Video Quality
1801 8 2017-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans97b61a93
New

China

Hi, I've had my Mavic Pro for about a month. I notice sometimes I look on YouTube and see other people's videos shot using a Mavic Pro, that the quality of their videos are very good and sometimes crisp. Now when I shoot with my Mavic Pro, the video quality is just average, no where near as good as some of the videos I see online. Can someone please tell me what should I do to get the BEST video & photo quality using the Mavic Pro. Thanks.
2017-2-17
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would assume that most videos or photos have gone through some type of post enhancement with Adobe or something like Final Cut.
2017-2-17
Use props
JimmyC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

I know nothing about photography. From reading and watching videos I changed color to D-Cinelike and aspect ratio to 4:3 instead of 16:9. I'm happy with the results so far. Also have it set to 4K 30 fps.
2017-2-17
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

Are you already aware of good photography principles (e.g. Light, exposure, composition), as well as having good photo and video editing software (and the skills and knowledge to use them)?

I'm a relative beginner to drones, and videography too, although the principles I've learned as an amateur photographer are very useful in choosing when (e.g. weather and lighting conditions) it's a good time to film something to start to get decent results.

There are many, many tutorial videos on sites like YouTube that can be very useful to learn some of the key skills.

I'd suggest starting to learn about good lighting, which is essential to good results (and this doesn't just mean bright sunlight - the hour after sunrise, or the hour before sunset are often great times to take great photos or videos).

After that, search more for the professionals recommendations on settings for the Mavic, as there are a huge number of different settings you can use. Much of that is down to personal preference, although the conditions you're filming in may mean you need different settings.

There are other YouTube videos that can recommend different types of video shots too, which can have an impact on the finished result.

Finally, the editing can be very important too... from the way to cut, edit and assemble the different parts of footage, but also to the colour/colour grading and sharpness settings too. Once again, you'll find many different tutorial videos on these areas too.

Take it one step at a time, start with the basics, practice and try different things, until you get results that gradually improve each time... and enjoy the journey you're now embarking upon!
2017-2-17
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

UCLA Film School
2017-2-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Probably the biggest factor in exceptional video is exceptional lighting -- the Mavic is capable of pretty awesome video when the light cooperates. When the light isn't so exceptional, skillful editing in post can make a huge difference. This is true for any camera system, but I think especially important for cameras in the lower end of the pro spectrum. Take dbgrn's comments to heart and soon enough I bet you'll be happy with what the Mavic can do. Practice and enjoy!
2017-2-17
Use props
QuantX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356542 ft
United States

What are some settings you guys always use for your photo and videos?
2017-3-6
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

might want to check this thread . . . .  https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html
2017-3-6
Use props
bitboy0 - mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212201 ft
Germany

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-3-6 06:21
might want to check this thread . . . .  https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html

I can highly recommend "Blackmagic DAVINCI Resolve"
There is a free Version for editing videos and also tune the colors (called grading). Only some pro Features are not available. The full-Version of the programm cost about 1000US$ ... but the free version is totally perfect for the job. No nag-screens.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules