RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Drone used to drop contraband into Regina jail
Package confiscated by staff before inmates received it
image.jpeg
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sa ... sask-jail-1.3987933
It was discussed on the late night news today, that sometime in the last couple of weeks, a package which contained contraband was dropped into the Regina Prison.
It was not revealed exactly what was dropped into an excersise yard, only that it was dropped by a drone. The package was found by staff and an investigation is ongoing.

The staff will be watching the sky and property much closer now, after this incedent.

Someone will be looking at serious prison time themselves, if they get found out.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-18
Use props
Dav 0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277585 ft

Force the rth function; assuming they have set rth correctly and the pAckage doesn't fly off in to a lake like so many people complain of lol. Don't they adhere to FAA rules? ha ha. Maybe look up their AMA details.
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dav 0 Posted at 2017-2-18 01:44
Block 2.4 for 3 seconds to force rth; assuming they have set rth correctly and the pAckage doesn't fly off in to a lake like so many people complain of lol.

We have both Provincial Prison and a Federal Penitentiary in the city here. None are anyplace I wish to visit.
Also a Women's Penitentiary.  
Obviously there are a lot of very bad people around.  
& they didn't wind up in there, for singing too loud in church...

RedHotPoker

2017-2-18
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

My friend is an investigator for the dept of corrections and he told me alot of tht is going on in our state prisons.
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bfd300 Posted at 2017-2-18 04:49
My friend is an investigator for the dept of corrections and he told me alot of tht is going on in our state prisons.

It was el chapo, no doubt. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-18 11:31
He uses underground drones

Yep, rock crawlers...  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

It is the illegal use of drones that is hurting us legal users. I took my P4 to a resort in Orlando, Florida and was hoping to get some video of the resort and water park. The entire resort was a "no drom
2017-2-18
Use props
Imovetheearth
lvl.3
United States

It is the illegal use of drones that is hurting us legal users. I took my P4 to a resort in Orlando, Florida and was hoping to get some video of the resort and water park. The entire resort was a "no drone zone". PO'd to say the least and it stayed in the case!
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Imovetheearth Posted at 2017-2-18 12:30
It is the illegal use of drones that is hurting us legal users. I took my P4 to a resort in Orlando, Florida and was hoping to get some video of the resort and water park. The entire resort was a "no drom

I think some of the negativity is due to most people not understanding the lack of zoom or telephoto advantage, which a dslr lens has the ability to utilize.

Besides my Phantom 3 Pro', I also have a Nikon D800 with an 80-400mm lens. But I don't go around spying on my neighbors with it.  Which would be easy. No, we must have more respect.

Newer drones, and much more expensive models can have fantastic optics.
But the public need to be educated by us, which can't correct how unscrupulous drone pilots behave.

Find a nice if convenient location, away from the populated areas, to fly and record.
I have had strangers, but friendly enough people, approach me with apprehension, to ask, "Is that a drone, & does it have a camera?"I will tell them yes, and may I show you what the camera actually sees from up there. Once they see how small and indistinguishable we are. They are immediately put at ease.
I'm not in the eye spy, undercover detective surveillance field. Nor a voyeuristic peeper. Just an enthusiastic RC hobbiest, out to record some memories & to have fun.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-18 12:53
My eyes always seem to focus on things they shouldn't at water parks for some reason.   I solved the problem with dark sun glasses

Waiting for the artificial riptide to yank the ball from the hands of playful water sports activititests. ;-)

Yeah, I get it.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I know they used a P4 in the picture, but I wonder what they actually used? The NFZs on the latest products wouldn't allow for it to come that close to the prison without ridiculously modding it.
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-18 18:37
I know they used a P4 in the picture, but I wonder what they actually used? The NFZs on the latest products wouldn't allow for it to come that close to the prison without ridiculously modding it.

Yes, but since DJI is the most popular drone company, it's often used as stock photos. We may never truly know who they were, or which drone was actually used.

That might actually be a good thing...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-18 12:53
My eyes always seem to focus on things they shouldn't at water parks for some reason.   I solved the problem with dark sun glasses

I have that problem too..........{:4_181:} Mwahahaha!!!
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-2-18 22:45
I have that problem too.......... Mwahahaha!!!

I always wanted to buy a pair of them X-Ray Vision glasses advertised in the back of comic books.  ;-)

But I didn't want to lose my mind, from the dangerous chemicals. Chuckles
image.jpeg

Good thing I saved it for other stuff.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-18
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-18 22:58
I always wanted to buy a pair of them X-Ray glasses advertised in the back of comic books.  ;-)

But I didn't want to lose my mind, from the dangerous chemicals. Chuckles

Always wondered if they worked !!!!!
2017-2-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2017-2-18 23:04
Always wondered if they worked !!!!!

Those ads still appear, from time to time. ;-)

Send in your $1.00 and find out. Hahaha

Wear a lead apron. Like the dentist provides... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-2-18
Use props
Spexel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70210 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-18 12:44
I think some of the negativity is due to most people not understanding the lack of zoom or telephoto advantage, which a dslr lens has the ability to utilize.

Besides my Phantom 3 Pro', I also have a Nikon D800 with an 80-400mm lens. But I don't go around spying on my neighbors with it.  Which would be easy. No, we must have more respect.

I know that my neighbors would most likely hear the flying lawnmower outside their windows, besides I'm sure that what they're doing inside their house cant be more interesting than taking beautiful aerial photos
2017-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Spexel Posted at 2017-2-23 12:22
I know that my neighbors would most likely hear the flying lawnmower outside their windows, besides I'm sure that what they're doing inside their house cant be more interesting than taking beautiful aerial photos

Yeah, for sure on that, same old same...
Of course it would depend strongly on who your folks next door are. Haha
If worth visiting would be beneficial for you, to explain your hobby and share the recent videos.

Bring a gift, bottle of wine... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-23
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

No laws will prevent criminal activity ...
2017-4-17
Use props
Simon Child
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

UK police are setting up a £3m project to tackle drones flying contraband into prisons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39616399

2017-4-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mustang1993 Posted at 2017-4-17 10:28
No laws will prevent criminal activity ...

Yeah, that's for sure. No wonder the "gaols" are already full to over capacity. Ha
So they build bigger and more secure facilities, to house all of us drone bandits, and doers of evil...
We're a bad lot.

RedHotPoker

2017-4-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Simon Child Posted at 2017-4-17 12:20
UK police are setting up a £3m project to tackle drones flying contraband into prisons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39616399

Yes, but there are always corrupt guards that will provide banned-contraband' to select individuals of great persuasion.

You know it's true... In only takes one bad apple.

At 500m up, the drone is nearly invisible...

RedHotPoker
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules