No link between aircraft and remote
2170 37 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

I've been googling about how rubbish DJI's customer service is and I am not surprised at all at the results I'm seeing. First hand experience here. If I had a choice, I would have not bought it at all and will definitely stop other from buying it. You screw up and you're on your own. This should be their tagline. I'm posting my experience here to see if I can get a response here (not very hopeful but desperate really). If not for DJI delaying replying my problem - I would have returned it within the 1 month period and taken my money back and running far far away from DJI.

So I got a Phantom 3 Standard from my wife as a birthday present.

Set it up, read everything and switched it on and tried it for maybe 5 mins. Next day - was telling me that I needed to update. Fine, after some beeping sounds and a 40-60 mins later - update successful! Hooray. Drove out to a field so I can try it out properly. Oops - message on app saying Connect your airport. Came back and googled - basically the RC and machine not linked together hence manage to find online the way to relink it (by toggling the S2 stick and so on...)
2017-2-18
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

So submitted a request for help (1 month ago) dated 22 Jan 2017 - to tell about this issue.
First reply was on 9 DAYS LATER on 31 Jan 2017 - telling me about the relink steps which I had already done and for a screenshot of my app
Replied them with a screenshot from my app and telling them that the steps they are providing is not working
Replied me on February 8 with the exact reply from 31 Jan 2017 (LOL!)
I replied back on the same day telling them to read the emails before sending me the same content twice.
They reverted back on February 9 telling me to try another step and if fails - to fill in a form they sent to me regarding warranty or returns or whatver
I actually bothered to reply back telling them I am out of the country and to give me till Monday to reply back to them with the form they needed (felt like I was servicing them instead)
On Monday midnight 13 Feb 2017 - I furnished them with all the information they needed and the forms filled out.
No reply from them AT ALL.
2017-2-18
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

Thursday 16 Feb 2017, I emailed back asking for a reply. I also created a new ticket to tell them about how lousy their service was and to reply me ASAP. Still no reply on my query, however they did have time to merge my new thread and old one yesterday on 17 Feb 2017 -  tells us alot about their priorities.

So let's see if I get a reply. My last post to them which they took the time to merge but not to reply is below. As you can tell, I would have rather returned it for a full refund if I could but thanks to DJI delaying replies- It's past the 1 month period now.

Absolutely disgusted and disappointed!
2017-2-18
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

adroxx Posted at 2017-2-18 01:49
Thursday 16 Feb 2017, I emailed back asking for a reply. I also created a new ticket to tell them about how lousy their service was and to reply me ASAP. Still no reply on my query, however they did have time to merge my new thread and old one yesterday on 17 Feb 2017 -  tells us alot about their priorities.

So let's see if I get a reply. My last post to them which they took the time to merge but not to reply is below. As you can tell, I would have rather returned it for a full refund if I could but thanks to DJI delaying replies- It's past the 1 month period now.

"Please look thru request ID -----. I have been awaiting a repl y since Tuesday and have not had any acknowledgement after I have submitted all documents and information. This problem has been present since 1 month ago if you look thru my requests yet no resolution has been achieved and the customer service I received has been very VERY poor. Please reply ASAP. If I could refund this I would have done so but you guys have been delaying any response and now its been more than a month since I purchased this."
2017-2-18
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

Sorry for the multiple post guys - it didn't seem to let me post it all in a single thread (no idea if any word limit?). Admin if you see this, you may help me merge it all together into 1 post - As that's what you guys seem good to be at.

Hopefully this gets a reply? Sigh.

2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about the experience you get, please go to www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send back the drone to DJI for inspection. The firmware upgrade process didn't go through completely in your drone so the drone doesn't recognize the RC anymore.

One reason of the prolonged response time was that it was during Chinese New Year in the end of January. Nevertheless, I apologize for the unprofessional response you received and we'll have more staff training to improve customer satisfaction in the future. Thank you.

2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about the experience you get, please go to www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send back the drone to DJI for inspection. The firmware upgrade process didn't go through completely in your drone so the drone doesn't recognize the RC anymore.

One reason of the prolonged response time was that it was during Chinese New Year in the end of January. Nevertheless, I apologize for the unprofessional response you received and we'll have more staff training to improve customer satisfaction in the future. Thank you.

2017-2-18
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

I'm afraid that dji.com/support is the website that has not been giving me any help at all and the delay to get a response from them made me not able to return it anymore.

To be honest, no excuse is a good excuse for delaying help for up to a month now.

The firmware upgrade process did go through fully as far as I know as the app did say update successful or completed or something among those lines.

I think you guys should reaLly buck up on customer service. Like the company should send everyone on training or a course.

Now I guess my only choice is to wait.. not patiently for the support to reply.. hopefully before dji phantom 5 I released.

Cheers
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry you're experiencing difficulties, we do understand how frustrating it must be.
We're looking into your case now and will take care of it.
2017-2-18
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-18 18:55
Very sorry you're experiencing difficulties, we do understand how frustrating it must be.
We're looking into your case now and will take care of it.

Thank you for the reply. I received an update finally regarding a return address but I don't suppose I should be paying for the courier service so I'm waiting for a reply from you guys again and how I should proceed. Replied this yesterday after I received an email reply from you guys. Will give till end of the day for a reply email if not will query here again.

Regards
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adroxx Posted at 2017-2-19 17:44
Thank you for the reply. I received an update finally regarding a return address but I don't suppose I should be paying for the courier service so I'm waiting for a reply from you guys again and how I should proceed. Replied this yesterday after I received an email reply from you guys. Will give till end of the day for a reply email if not will query here again.

Regards

Our support replied your e-mail, please check it, thanks.
2017-2-19
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 18:35
Our support replied your e-mail, please check it, thanks.

Dear Natalia,

Thanks for your update. I really appreciate it. I have replied support again which has said that I will have to bear the return postage cost and he advised me to take it as if I am getting a "free" battery as the postage cost should be cheaper than a new battery.

I have replied - I don't think DJI should assume I want to spend more money on a "new" battery by asking me to pay for return cost and saying it is more CHEAPER than buying a new battery.

I feel at least return cost should be compensated because I did raise up my issue right after I got my drone and it was your side who has delayed replies for a month! You can check the records.

Also because of this - I am unable to return it as it is pass the 1 month period - your support asking me to discuss with the retailer is quite funny to be honest.

So I want a reply on a few things:
1) Shipping cost - I think I should be compensated fully to return it as I raised the issue up immediately when I received the item - it was your support that took 1 month to reply me efficiently. And don't tell me to take it as if I am getting a discount for a battery.

2) Refund - Telling me to discuss with the retailer is quite funny. It has been more than a month since I purchased it and again this problem arise from the inefficient support I have received.

Please reply me on the above.

Regards

2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adroxx Posted at 2017-2-19 19:21
Dear Natalia,

Thanks for your update. I really appreciate it. I have replied support again which has said that I will have to bear the return postage cost and he advised me to take it as if I am getting a "free" battery as the postage cost should be cheaper than a new battery.

We're working on your case now, and will update it for you via e-mail later.
2017-2-19
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

Noted. Will await the email. Cheers
2017-2-20
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

Just wanted to update.

So basically after complaining, out of goodwill DJI said the local distributor will help me to post back the drone for a replacement. However this does not negate the fact that due to such poor customer service and experience with the DJI customer service and the Phantom 3 (which I only flew it for 5 mins max before it was non-functional), I would have rather returned it for a full refund instead. But as the customer service reply was terribly delayed (1 MONTH!), I passed the dateline to return the drone.

Due to my bad experience with the drone, even if I got the replacement, I would rather just sell it immediately!

However I thought about it and wanted to give DJI another chance - I requested if I could instead of getting the Phantom 3 as a replacement, to get a DJI Mavic sent to me instead - and being reasonable, I said I would top up the difference in retail price even though DJI has caused me so much inconvenience. However they have replied to say that this will not be possible. I believe I was reasonable when I understood that a refund would not be possible as I did not purchase the drone thru DJI but it was cause of DJI's delay and inefficency that caused me not to be able to return it in time. As such, I thought my offer to instead get a DJI Mavic plus a top up from my end should at least be considered.

Anyway, end of story is, terribly disappointed and disgusted with the level of customer care for such a big company and such an expensive item. If it was a fraction of the price I paid, I would have rather received the replacement and to trash it. Unfortunately that is not possible due to the cost of the price.

Would just call it a day and call myself unlucky, but DJI has certainly lost a customer and will relate my story to others as well.

Regards
2017-2-23
Use props
Rubberjoe1
New

Singapore

Wow. Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds bad. I'm also still waiting for a reply from their support. Opened my case few weeks ago but still no reply. DJI when will you reply me please?!?!?!?
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rubberjoe1 Posted at 2017-2-24 01:17
Wow. Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds bad. I'm also still waiting for a reply from their support. Opened my case few weeks ago but still no reply. DJI when will you reply me please?!?!?!?

I checked the system with the e-mail address you use for forum here, but failed to get the information.
You sent an e-mail to support@dji.com or not?
May I have your ticket number, please?
2017-2-24
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

Rubberjoe1 Posted at 2017-2-24 01:17

I just would say good luck to you u will need it.
2017-2-26
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-24 01:46
I checked the system with the e-mail address you use for forum here, but failed to get the information.
You sent an e-mail to  or not?
May I have your ticket number, please?

Hi DJI Natalia.

I have returned the drone to the local retailer as instructed. This was done yesterday (after again much hassle as the local distributor was clueless and said wasn't communicated by DJI). Anyway I am waiting for the said voucher to be used to order a new set of drone from DJI store as promised.

I hope this can be provided to me by today so I can re-order it ASAP. I am especially worried looking at all the other complaints in this forum especially on waiting time.

Please revert.

Thank you.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adroxx Posted at 2017-2-28 19:27
Hi DJI Natalia.

I have returned the drone to the local retailer as instructed. This was done yesterday (after again much hassle as the local distributor was clueless and said wasn't communicated by DJI). Anyway I am waiting for the said voucher to be used to order a new set of drone from DJI store as promised.

I've informed our support team for your case again and we're looking into the case now.
Hope we can get it sorted out as soon as possible so that you can get another one shortly.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, Adrian.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Here is an update for your case:
You just returned the aircraft body and remote to the dealer but no battery, propellers and other accessories. Our support will reply your e-mail later as well.
2017-3-1
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-28 22:26
I've informed our support team for your case again and we're looking into the case now.
Hope we can get it sorted out as soon as possible so that you can get another one shortly.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, Adrian.

Dear Natalia,

The DJI customer service reply has again left me SHELLSHOCKED! I have never imagined such a terrible customer service but I have been proven wrong yet again.

So first you guys tell me to KEEP the battery as a gift - because of safety concern. The word here is "gift".

Next you ask me to pay for delivery charge back which eventually you "resolved" and told me to return it to the local retailer.

And before making the trip to return I specifically asked if its just the drone into the box and I was told yes!

Went to the local retailer and they didn't even know what arrangements was made! And they were the one who told me they normally take the drone and RC only and they removed the SD card for me!

And now you reply me to say that everything has to be in the box - so what happens to my so called "gift"?

And now this is delayed again?

I have asked your customer service to call me back or give me a number where I can speak to the agent directly because this is downright a waste of my time.

Adrian
2017-3-1
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-1 00:03
Here is an update for your case:
You just returned the aircraft body and remote to the dealer but no battery, propellers and other accessories. Our support will reply your e-mail later as well.

Hi Natalia - here is an update for my case too. Written above.

Probably as efficient as your customer service.
2017-3-1
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

Below is my email replay to your EXCELLENT (I'm being sarcastic - I actually mean LOUSY/TERRIBLE/NON EXISTANT) customer service. I really hope I can speak to you guys instead.
--------------
Hi Justin,

Let me quote you on our chat history throughout this horrible customer service experience.

"Please DO NOT send back the battery for safety concern, keep it as a gift"
- so at first there is a "gift" and now there is no more "gift" ?

"So I just place the drone in the original box and then pass it to the local retailer is that correct?"
- and in reply to my query you agreed, that to my understanding is just the drone.

"After the dealer receive the aircraft, I will send you the coupon to purchase another new Phantom 3 Standard from DJI online store directly."
- so at first it is that the coupon will be sent once the dealer received the aircraft but now it is only when it is sent back I will receive the coupon?

I am really too tired with the level of your customer service. I did
2017-3-1
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

So another update. With so many parties involved now, even the local retailer is confused at what the arrangements are. Quoting the retailer - "How about the shipping COST who will bear for it?". I mean from the email conversations with Justin, your customer service agent, he said that u guys have arranged with the retailers to send it back for me and waive off the return fees. So if they don't know about it, I guess its another false promise by DJI yet again.

Also retailer was speaking to their staff "Hi chloe, Check with you have you mention to him to collect the shipping cost from him to ship out his faulty drone?" which obviously means to their knowledge, I'm supposed to pay for the return.

Anyway I have had it with DJI customer service.

My last email to your team is as per below. My only aim is to return this damn drone now and get it back so I can sell it away. Please help me achieve this objective.

Will definitely be sharing my experience with people online and forums.

Take care

"Dear all,

I have given up on DJI and the customer service provided. Don't worry I will collect back the drone from the local retailer (Singapore Hobby Supplies) and I will post it back myself and I shall bear the cost.

This is getting too complicated with so many parties involved now.

I will be overseas today and only back on Sunday so I will drop by Monday to collect the drone from the local retailer and post it back myself.

Justin - I still expect a call from either you, your superior or give me a number where I can call you at as I will be overseas from tonight. I need to know now exactly where to post it to, what to include, if my "gift" will still be a "gift" etc and I do not want to waste more time. I do not trust anymore of the email conversations, as we can tell from above, nothing seems to be according to what your are writing.

Regards
Adrian"

2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We're escalating your case with all team involved in now, hope we can get all sorted out as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding and support again.
2017-3-1
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-1 19:15
We're escalating your case with all team involved in now, hope we can get all sorted out as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding and support again.

Dear Natalia

I appreciate your reply but I really just want to post this back and get over with this whole situation. Just need to confirm the address to post it too and what to include back with the postage. I will pay the cost of the return fee as I am too fed up to reply further emails. So please get back to me via a call or give me a number I can call so I can confirm these details as your email communication seems to break down.

bottom line is - I just want to return this and get another one back so I can get rid of it quickly!

Cheers.
2017-3-2
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

For update purposes so I can log this down and screenshot everything when my ordeal is over.

Have gotten an update from DJI. As usual - excuses. Can't even get a phone call or a number to call then back at.

Anyway will update properly when I'm back from overseas.

Till then, God bless the people who have to deal with DJI.
2017-3-2
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

Dear DJI

Updated my query with your support/helpdesk team yesterday.

Would appreciate a prompt reply.

Regards
2017-3-9
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-1 19:15

I have already returned the drone and the status has been updated to delivered to your office as per yesterday. Please kindly follow up and hopefully I can get the code for my replacement drone as promised asap. hopefully there will be no more delay but from my experience so far, I won't be surprised.

Please keep me updated.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adroxx Posted at 2017-3-22 16:28
I have already returned the drone and the status has been updated to delivered to your office as per yesterday. Please kindly follow up and hopefully I can get the code for my replacement drone as promised asap. hopefully there will be no more delay but from my experience so far, I won't be surprised.

Please keep me updated.

Thanks for the information, we'll take care of it and try our best to help you get it resolved shortly.
2017-3-23
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 03:13
Thanks for the information, we'll take care of it and try our best to help you get it resolved shortly.

Dear Natalia,

How will you take care of it?

Been 4 days since you guys received it and my daily emails with your customer service agent Justin has been ignored.

Please let me know.
2017-3-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adroxx Posted at 2017-3-24 20:11
Dear Natalia,

How will you take care of it?

Deeply sorry for the inconvenience, I'm checking with Justin about your case now and will get back to you soon.
2017-3-26
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-26 19:43
Deeply sorry for the inconvenience, I'm checking with Justin about your case now and will get back to you soon.

Dear Natalia,

Justin replied yesterday and he has confirmed receiving the drone. He said he will issue me the code to order a replacement on Monday (which is today). I sincerely hope there is no more delays (as there has been thousands of delays so far). Bought my drone in mid Jan but have not been able to use it till now - this is a joke.

Hope to hear back prompty.

Cheers
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adroxx Posted at 2017-3-26 20:00
Dear Natalia,

Justin replied yesterday and he has confirmed receiving the drone. He said he will issue me the code to order a replacement on Monday (which is today). I sincerely hope there is no more delays (as there has been thousands of delays so far). Bought my drone in mid Jan but have not been able to use it till now - this is a joke.

We can understand how you feel, we're now working on it and will send you the coupon code within today, appreciate your patience.
2017-3-26
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-26 20:15
We can understand how you feel, we're now working on it and will send you the coupon code within today, appreciate your patience.

Still not received anything. Will see if the promise of getting my voucher by the end of the day stands.
2017-3-27
Use props
adroxx
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-26 20:15

Still have yet to receive it. It says shipped and delivered on DHL but on signage is not my signature and says letterbox. I just checked the DHL tracking today. I have sent an email to Justin your customer service agent and awaiting his email. Please revert. Thank you.
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adroxx Posted at 2017-3-30 20:47
Still have yet to receive it. It says shipped and delivered on DHL but on signage is not my signature and says letterbox. I just checked the DHL tracking today. I have sent an email to Justin your customer service agent and awaiting his email. Please revert. Thank you.

Have you contacted DHL to check more details as well?
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules