Wookong M Assistant
5655 14 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neil_Coles
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there. Please could someone help, as I have been trying all week and not getting anywhere! I bought an S800 which had been partly built, with a Wookong M controller. It came in the flight case with no paperwork or boxes. I have followed online instructions for connecting it all up. I have left off the arms for convenience. The problem has come when I tried to connect the Wookong to the assistant. I downloaded the latest assistant and win driver installer from the DJI website and followed the instructions. When I try to instal the driver it tells me that there is no device to update. When I open the assistant, it is obviously not connected as there are no lights showing. My laptop just keeps bleeping as if it were repeatedly tring to connect. I am thinking that the driver isn't being loaded. I am running windows 10 and have heard that it might not accept an unsigned driver, so I changed the settings to accept unsigned drivers. Still no luck. I tried writing to DJI, but they wanted serial numbers/ place of purchase etc, which I obviously don't have. I can't find anything else in the wiki, youtube or forums, so I am completely stuck. Please help!

2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, you did try to install the WinDriver while the flight controller is turned on and plugged into the computer? If so, have you tried reinstalling the driver while in compatibility mode?
2017-2-18
Use props
Neil_Coles
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-18 17:06
Just to clarify, you did try to install the WinDriver while the flight controller is turned on and plugged into the computer? If so, have you tried reinstalling the driver while in compatibility mode?

Hi there. Yes, turned on and plugged in. I am not familiar with 'compatibility mode'. Please could you explain?
Thanks
2017-2-19
Use props
Neil_Coles
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Neil_Coles Posted at 2017-2-19 02:01
Hi there. Yes, turned on and plugged in. I am not familiar with 'compatibility mode'. Please could you explain?
Thanks

Sorry, just googled it. I understand now. I will give it a try. Thanks
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Neil_Coles Posted at 2017-2-19 02:12
Sorry, just googled it. I understand now. I will give it a try. Thanks

Let us know if the issue persists.
2017-2-21
Use props
Neil_Coles
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-21 14:55
Let us know if the issue persists.

Well, I managed to get my laptop to accept the windows 10 driver today, but assistant still isn't talking to the controller. When I open the assistant, it sticks and I have to click on 'skip' to open the assistant. There are no lights on in assistant and I can't do anything with it.. I tried another lap top and another USB cable, but just the same. I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated now!
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Neil_Coles Posted at 2017-2-25 14:23
Well, I managed to get my laptop to accept the windows 10 driver today, but assistant still isn't talking to the controller. When I open the assistant, it sticks and I have to click on 'skip' to open the assistant. There are no lights on in assistant and I can't do anything with it.. I tried another lap top and another USB cable, but just the same. I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated now!

On the older Assistant softwares, "skip" was DJI's form of "continue". If you hit "skip" and you do not have a glowing green/blue LEDs in the corner of the program, then there has to be an issue with the flight controller itself. Most likely the main controller will need to be replaced.
2017-2-25
Use props
Neil_Coles
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 16:04
On the older Assistant softwares, "skip" was DJI's form of "continue". If you hit "skip" and you do not have a glowing green/blue LEDs in the corner of the program, then there has to be an issue with the flight controller itself. Most likely the main controller will need to be replaced.

Oh no! Thanks very much for your input. This sounds expensive now!
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Neil_Coles Posted at 2017-2-26 01:33
Oh no! Thanks very much for your input. This sounds expensive now!

If you happen to know someone with a WKM that you can borrow to further troubleshoot your current set up, that would be the only other way to confirm that it's the main controller and not your systems. If another unit did the same issue when connected to your computer, then the issue would be on your own end. You could try to take it to a local dealer, and they may be able to confirm the diagnosis as well. It may seem a tad cumbersome, but it's the only other thing you can try before shelling out more money.
2017-2-27
Use props
Neil_Coles
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-27 16:03
If you happen to know someone with a WKM that you can borrow to further troubleshoot your current set up, that would be the only other way to confirm that it's the main controller and not your systems. If another unit did the same issue when connected to your computer, then the issue would be on your own end. You could try to take it to a local dealer, and they may be able to confirm the diagnosis as well. It may seem a tad cumbersome, but it's the only other thing you can try before shelling out more money.

Thanks for that. I came to my own conclusion that the main controller wasn't working properly and bought a little used one from ebay this week. This time, my lap top recognised the controller, but try as I may, it would not connect with the assistant. After weeks of trying to get help from DJI, we came up with a solution to the problem.
Basically, the problem stems from DJI's software being incompatible with windows 10. Even the win 10 driver they gave me wouldn't solve the problem. I got round the problem as follows: I turned back my laptop's internal clock to 2014 before I downloaded the driver and assistant. Then, when I loaded the assistant, I loaded it in compatibility mode using windows 7. So far it seems to have done the trick.
Thanks very much for your input!
2017-3-4
Use props
jrhode13
New
United States

Neil_Coles Posted at 2017-3-4 04:31
Thanks for that. I came to my own conclusion that the main controller wasn't working properly and bought a little used one from ebay this week. This time, my lap top recognised the controller, but try as I may, it would not connect with the assistant. After weeks of trying to get help from DJI, we came up with a solution to the problem.
Basically, the problem stems from DJI's software being incompatible with windows 10. Even the win 10 driver they gave me wouldn't solve the problem. I got round the problem as follows: I turned back my laptop's internal clock to 2014 before I downloaded the driver and assistant. Then, when I loaded the assistant, I loaded it in compatibility mode using windows 7. So far it seems to have done the trick.
Thanks very much for your input!

Could very well be the PC/Operating system.  For example, as I write this I am logged into my Wookong on an old Laptop running Windows XP... which I had to find and run because my PC running Windows 7 won't recognize that the flight controller is attached (hangs at the imfamous "skip" screen.  Thank goodness I kept this old laptop.
2017-11-18
Use props
dynamo_au
lvl.1
Australia

i had the same problem i did a search for windows 10 driver for wookong  and found the right driver
2018-12-14
Use props
dynamo_au
lvl.1
Australia

i have three wookongs   none of them connect to laptop tried everything in above post no luck same problem driver says no device to update yes installed driver with both compatability and administrator rights still no work i know wookongs work as the both fly  but none of them will connect to assistant  i am thinking there is a fault in the driver anyone help ???
2020-9-21
Use props
dynamo_au
lvl.1
Australia

next i will try phantom and mavic see if they work
2020-9-21
Use props
CresencioCL
New

Chile

Well... the thing is, this controller is only supported on Win 7, or Win 8 ....max.. so, you have to install another windows to configure your wookong M
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules