Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic unable to focus properly, focuses and then loses it rightaway
1118 2 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

My Mavic seems to be unable to focus properly. Below is small extract from one of my many horrible videos.
you can see that at one point i hit C1 or tap or screen to focus, Mavic gets a sharp focus for like half a second and it goes back to a blurry focus again..During the full video clip i see the same behavior where it tried to focus but couldnt.. I ahve the same issue with images also.
Mostly the left side of the screen seems to be out of focus. Now i'm well aware of the water color like video issues and all other non sense that mavic suffers from.

So to DJI-KEN, who's shot me down in other threads and even warned of bannig me because i was making too much noise.. Explain this problem please!

Video:  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4883446/focus_problem.mp4    (At 8s into the video, you will see the focus attempt)

image:

2017-2-18
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

So i just a saw video about calibration using the DJI assistant app. There is a calibration there where you point the mavic towards the computer screen and make it follow some patters displayed on the screen.
i would like to know if that calibration is for the collision avoidance camera or the main video camera? Im wondering if that is something that could solve my focus problem?
EDIT: Further reading of comments on that youtube video suggests that the calibration for the collision avoidance camera and not the main video camera...
2017-2-18
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Canada

Another example of blurry top left quadrant of the video. Watch it briefly come into focus(notice the red building) and then back to out of focus. The rest of the three quadrants of the screen seem to have almost perfect focus. This test was done with the latest firmware .400. All resets done, all default settings for the camera, NTSC 0.0.0

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4883446/blurry2.mp4
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules