Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Hood does not fit into Mavic Shoulder Bag
1742 16 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BradBishop
lvl.1
United States

The Mavic Hood does not fit into the Mavic Shoulder Bag. It is too large.  Does the Mavic Hood fit into the Manfrotto Gear Backpack Medium? If "Yes", I would like to return my Shoulder Bag and get the Manfrotto - Gear Backpack Medium.
I used the DJI CHAT session, but they do not know if their products fit into the Shoulder Bag or the Packpack (that they were designed to fit in?!?!?).

How do I do this exchange?

2017-2-18
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not really sure that they can design a bag that will hold everything that they produce.  Was it actually advertised as fitting?
2017-2-18
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The hood or the bag... this is the question...
2017-2-18
Use props
Fernanditu
lvl.2

Peru

dronist Posted at 2017-2-18 20:45
Yes it will fit, first slide the remote in the left side pocket of the bag then hold the MP with the battery facing top and to the right and slide it in the bag. On both side pocket you can fit 1 battery each, accessories in the middle pouch and VOILA!

Otherwise you need to put your MAVIC on a STRICT DIET, FLY IT FOR COUPLE OF HOURS A DAY and for God sake just give him some love and care and rub his belly before every flight and it will stay slim and fit so he can fit in the bag...

The OP is talking about the controller hood, which doesn't fit and really bothers me too.
2017-2-18
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fernanditu Posted at 2017-2-18 20:52
The OP is talking about the controller hood, which doesn't fit and really bothers me too.

Sorry but he did not mention controller hood.
2017-2-18
Use props
Fernanditu
lvl.2

Peru

dronist Posted at 2017-2-18 20:58
Sorry but he did not mention controller hood.

Are there any other mavic hoods???
2017-2-18
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fernanditu Posted at 2017-2-18 21:05
Are there any other mavic hoods???

I thought he was talking about the rubber cover for the Gimball
2017-2-18
Use props
BradBishop
lvl.1
United States

I understand that any case is not going to handle an unlimited number of items to be stuffed inside.  But, I would think the absolute bare necessities WOULD fit, including:
   - everything that comes in the Mavic Pro package, plus ...
   - a second (spare) battery
   - the hood so you can see what you are flying
   - the Hub for charging 2+ batteries

In hindsight, I wish the "Mavic Shoulder Bag" (on their store) included a warning of what will NOT fit in the bag:   Hood, Propellor Cage, etc.
2017-3-17
Use props
BradBishop
lvl.1
United States

FYI, the full name on DJI's website is:   "Mavic - Remote Controller Monitor Hood"
2017-3-17
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

I got this backpack off of Amazon and I am loving it.  https://www.amazon.com/Professio ... ackpack+for+Cameras

It has enough room for everything including the hood AND I put my round helipad in the laptop zipper compartment.  I have three batteries, both chargers, uSD cards, 2 sets of ND filters, hand hold bracket and phone mount for MP, all cables, spare props  and so on with a little room to spare.  The kicker is that it isn't too big and comes with a 3 year warranty (may not mean anything in the end).  I don't know that it is the toughest pack around but for the price it will suit my needs.  For $50 I was expecting much cheaper materials than what it was made of but they were good.  I got tired of having to remember what I need to pack in the tiny DJI bag and I couldn't store everything together worst of all.  We all end up with other accessories that go beyond what can be stored in the little bag.  

The new bag is fully configurable any way it needs to be and fully padded.  There are others like it out there but I didn't want to pay $200 for a better bag.  It may not be for everyone but it works perfectly for me.
2017-3-17
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

I purchased the cheapest hood I could find on Amazon. It ended up being made of poly fabric with some card of cardboard inside for reinforcement, I am able to get this into the bag because I can fold it in half and after attaching it goes back to being pretty much straight.
2017-3-17
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love the way everyone expects that every single thing they buy for the Mavic should fit into the sleek and compact Mavic Pro Shoulder Bag.  I love the Shoulder Bag for its very small size and that it fits just what you require to pop out with the Mavic whether you are flying it or not.  Make it bigger and it defeats the object, so do what others do and buy a different bag.
2017-3-17
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

I bought the largest bag i could find to store my mavic and my portable generator to charge my batteries
my dji bag.jpg
2017-3-17
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-17 11:58
I bought the largest bag i could find to store my mavic and my portable generator to charge my batteries

That's only the Triple XL model, they are about to release the Hindenburg model.
BIGBAG.jpg
2017-3-17
Use props
Hauptmann2200
New
United States

You can make a cheapie out of black paper which will fold up and fit in either bag as will the small roll of Scotch tape or electrical tape to attach it to your controller.
2017-4-18
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I purchased a circular landing pad that folds up into a round pouch.  I just store my remote controller hood in it.  The landing pad pouch has a loop on it which I just slip on the strap of the Mavic Pro shoulder bag.  The landing pad is a great accessory to protect the Mavic/gimball from long grass, dust, sand, etc.  And since I attach it to the shoulder strap I still just have to grab one bag to take all my gear when I go flying.
2017-5-18
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I have the DJI Hood and it does fit in the shoulder bag.  It fits in the front zipper pocket and sticks out just enough that you can't zip.  I really doesn't matter in that the top flap closes over it just fine.
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules