Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH Button High Wind Velocity
856 5 2017-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Everyone, I have had my Inspire 2 for a month now and I have flown it over 20 times. It's been great so far... However almost every time I go to fly it, I get a warning bubble that reads something close to "Ruturn to home button - High wind velocity warning"...Even when there is very little wind maybe around 10km/hr at most sometimes even nothing on a quiet evening.  If you ignore it and continue to fly it seems just fine.  I am wondering if this is an issue, or can this thing really not fly in any sort of wind?  I find that hard to beleive becuase its designed to travel over 100km/hr. I have owned 4 DJI drones from the 550 on Naza V2 through to Phantom 4 and S900 models.  I am a comercial opporator and would never fly when it's too windy.  

2017-2-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Its just a reminder. The warning is based on aircraft tilt. This could be relevant if you are flying a long distance flight where battery life will be shortened or if you are flying too fast - which will also shorten battery endurance. DJI have not integrated the high wind warning into time of flight / remaining battery status algorithm that would make this feature better but maybe that's in the pipeline.

One recent poster flew flat out for 6 minutes, descended 1000 feet and then full throttled an ascent, against wind and when his battery died from the stress, he threatened to sue DJI.

Seen from this perspective, perhaps you might understand this somewhat conservative reminder.
2017-2-18
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Mike,I believe that was an Inspire 1, or was that the Phantom no I think that was the Mavic Pilot?
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you getting this while flying a bit aggressively or does this happen right at take off?
2017-2-18
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-18 19:47
Just to clarify, are you getting this while flying a bit aggressively or does this happen right at take off?

Hi Jamie, I am very smooth on my sticks always flying no faster then I need to be.  Happened shortly after takeoff both times, and the warning remained on the whole flight even after ignoring it.
2017-3-2
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
Hong Kong

You can tap on the warning message and it will go away.

I had this once when shortly after takeoff i was hit by a cross wind as i got above building height. The I2 quickly recovered but the message did appear as you mentioned.  
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules