SSD Download Speed test
2621 7 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Hi I Just Pulled 445GB of the Inspire 2 SSD, throught the card reader Via USB 3.1 Gen 2  Type A-port straight to a 2tb SSD on my PC. As seen by my screen grab a touch over 24 mins with an average speed transfer of just under 300 MB/s

Does anyone think that this is just too long?

Why is the SSD Card reader only USB 3.1 Gen 1?could this be upgraded to Gen 2??
Or is there a better fast way to do this?
Thanks
Karl

Screen grab

Screen grab
2017-2-19
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Karl,
Sorry, but  I'm unable to confirm/validate this right now, but could you open device manager in Windows and see if your E: drive shows as  disk device (I believe it should). If it's there, right click on select properties. If there's a tab labeled POLICIES, select it and see if the default policy (quick removal) is selected. If so, select BETTER PERFORMANCE and then retest to see if it makes any difference... THANKS!
2017-2-19
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-19 09:25
Karl,
Sorry, but  I'm unable to confirm/validate this right now, but could you open device manager in Windows and see if your E: drive shows as  disk device (I believe it should). If it's there, right click on select properties. If there's a tab labeled POLICIES, select it and see if the default policy (quick removal) is selected. If so, select BETTER PERFORMANCE and then retest to see if it makes any difference... THANKS!

Thanks for your prompt reply Daroga. I checked and it was set to quick removal (My Bad) I am re running the test but it's not looking any better! I will re post when its complete in about 20 mins
2017-2-19
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-19 09:25
Karl,

Well that did not make that much difference. 8 seconds give or take! average speed just over the 300 MB/s

Could you find if the SSD card reader is likely to get un upgrade to USB 3.2 Gen2 soon or even Type C? hopefully then cutting the time in half!

Thanks
Karl

speed test 2

speed test 2
2017-2-19
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-19 10:07
Well that did not make that much difference. 8 seconds give or take! average speed just over the 300 MB/s

Could you find if the SSD card reader is likely to get un upgrade to USB 3.2 Gen2 soon or even Type C? hopefully then cutting the time in half!

Oh well, THANKS for checking. It was worth a try!

I don't know about the technical side of a USB upgrade as the limitation is likely component choices made early in product development. We'll need one of the DJI folks to comment on that.

They are supposed to give the I2 SSDs exFAT which if combined with larger block size/allocation units might give a small performance boost.
2017-2-19
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-19 10:42
Oh well, THANKS for checking. It was worth a try!

I don't know about the technical side of a USB upgrade as the limitation is likely component choices made early in product development. We'll need one of the DJI folks to comment on that.

Don't want to mess with any setting but why can't you delete/cut the video from the SSD (only copy option) then you have to reinsert into the Inspire 2 to then format.
Why can't you format from the PC??
Karl

2017-2-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-21 08:16
Don't want to mess with any setting but why can't you delete/cut the video from the SSD (only copy option) then you have to reinsert into the Inspire 2 to then format.
Why can't you format from the PC??
Karl

DJI states that "to guarantee the high performance of the DJI CINESSD, the station only supports file exporting. To delete file, please insert the CINESSD into the aircraft and launch the DJI GO 4 app to format the CINESSD to free up storage space". This is likely to ensure absolute full format in the required allocation unit/block size, etc..... (interpreted as DJI maintains full control of the process so that issues are not introduced that would otherwise cause problems)
2017-2-21
Use props
Drone Trilogy
lvl.2
Canada

Though still long, that was definitely faster than what people were saying.  I heard a full 480GB would take 2 hours to transfer, happy to hear it doesn't.
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules