2578 12 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLAMINGTREE3D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891555 ft
United States

Good evening,

I have four TB47 batteries that were in storage for about four months and came out completely dead. I read some of the other forums and after a lot of time and research, I was able to bring all four back to life via the thread here (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=59802&page=3). One has been flying decently, the other shortly blew out one of the Positive ports and the other two say that they are at 1% or 0% and have voltage of 23 and 25. The voltages show up fine on all cells, but the mAH says 0. I attached a picture from the Go App that show this.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix these two batteries? Thank you very much!

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard

20170219_193711.jpg
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

These two batteries can be charged properly or not?
Can you power on the aircraft with these batteries in?
2017-2-20
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Each cell in a fully charged TB47 should show a voltage close to 4.25v. Whenever I calibrate my TB47 per DJI's recommendation by way of hovering the Inspire 1 with that TB47 to 0% battery power state, cell showed 3.4v to 3.5v under load, and showed 3.6v to 3.7v after touching down with motors stopped.

In your screenshot, the TB47 that showed lowest cell voltage of 3.65v could mean that it hardly held any power at all.

In what state did you store them 4 months ago? And what were the firmwares the batteries when you stored them?

Henry
2017-2-20
Use props
FLAMINGTREE3D
lvl.2
United States

Hi,

Thank you for the responses. I cannot get these to charge properly. They simply flash the 1st light then flash the "Overcharge Detected" light. I could charge them the manual way (unplug the balance and connect a jumper from the negative to the negative), but I'm not sure how much more voltage I should do for that.

Yes, the aircraft will power on just long enough to see the individual cell voltage.

Henry, I'm sorry but I'm not sure how they were stored, someone I know had them stored.

So, since the voltage is so low, is that why it isn't showing any mAH? Should I manually charge them to a higher voltage? If so, to what voltage should I do?

Thank you very much!

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-2-20
Use props
FLAMINGTREE3D
lvl.2
United States

Hi,

I do know that they were in perfect shape when stored. No problem whatsoever until they were taken out.

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-2-20
Use props
FLAMINGTREE3D
lvl.2
United States

I have manually charged them up to where the lowest cell is 3.89v and the highest is 4.18v with the same issue. Still no mAH.
2017-2-20
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Did you simply use the DJI power brick and charge it with a jumper bypassing the charging circuit that governs the charging current / voltage? You could cause further damage with that. Use a proper LiPO HV charger instead.

If I were you, I would rather buy some new batteries from DJI and spare my time enjoying aerial photography. Even if you recover some capacity back, you will never know when you may receive a "battery cell damaged" warning. Why risk the Inspire falling off the sky with the problematic batteries?

Henry

2017-2-20
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Jacob, I would not trust those batteries if I were you! Who knows how old they are or exactly how they were treated? I know it is a lot of $ to buy new ones, but you do not want this to happen to you! Safety first! Ken http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D216%26typeid%3D216
2017-2-20
Use props
FLAMINGTREE3D
lvl.2
United States

Good evening,

Thank you for the responses. I think I might have to go that route. It just seems crazy to me that I can spend hundreds on batteries and they can go bad after only being used 10 times. DJI please fix this.

Thank you guys for your help!

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Really sorry for that, since they are not working properly, we do suggest you buy new batteries to ensure the safety.
2017-2-21
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
United States

Jacob,  read these,http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_1.4.pdf the first one is just about the batteries. http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads In the second one you can download the entire Inspire manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/INSPIRE+1+V2.0+User+Manual+(%E5%8F%91%E5%B8%83).pdf   (don't worry about the V2.0) that has details on what the lights on the battery mean. It's all about the storage voltage and proper maintainance. I have been using the same batteries for almost 3 yrs. Happy reading! Ken.
2017-2-21
Use props
FLAMINGTREE3D
lvl.2
United States

Hi,

Thank you Ken! I'll be paying very careful attention to how I store my next batteries.

Natalia, is DJI planning on fixing all the battery issues?

In Christ Jesus alone,

Jacob Howard
2017-2-21
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
United States

Jacob, don't count on it. It is totally up to you to correctly store and maintain your batteries. I think they are great batteries, but it's up to you to maintain them. Safety first! Ken
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules