DJI GO 4 - 360 degree Autopano with bracketing is here!!!!
2025 8 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photoholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

Okay that was a little clickbait... but I guess we need a lot of people to push DJI to implement this easy feature right? I don't want to use Litchi (already had a few issues with it).

So anybody else missing a full automatic 360 degree autopanorama option?
2017-2-19
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

And DJI... we need it on the neglected RC of the P4P+!!!!!
2017-2-19
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd have to Second that request too. That would be a pretty handy little feature.
2017-2-19
Use props
Seb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659003 ft
Poland

Hi,

personally I prefer to take photos for panorama manually. First, I'm an old school pilot, and don't trust in automatic fligh modes, especially in P4P (at least for now). Second, when shooting against the sun, sometimes you get nasty flares and reflections that can be avoided just by changing lens angle by few degrees. This is especially important with P4P, because this lens exhibit some nasty artifacts under some circumstances.
Take a look at these two photos. They was shot for Madonna di Campiglio (Groste) 360° panorama. One is OK, but second one is full of rainbow moire:

Wrong.

Wrong.
DJI_0216.jpg
2017-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

photoholic Posted at 2017-2-19 23:43
And DJI... we need it on the neglected RC of the P4P+!!!!!

I shoot a lot of panoramas and it's faster and simpler to do it manually.
I've tried apps to automate the process and it was just too slow.
2017-2-20
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Haha, for a brief moment I hoped that a new version Go4 was released. Alas! But I'm all for it.
2017-2-20
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Switzerland

Seb Posted at 2017-2-20 00:23
Hi,

personally I prefer to take photos for panorama manually. First, I'm an old school pilot, and don't trust in automatic fligh modes, especially in P4P (at least for now). Second, when shooting against the sun, sometimes you get nasty flares and reflections that can be avoided just by changing lens angle by few degrees. This is especially important with P4P, because this lens exhibit some nasty artifacts under some circumstances.

great thank you very much for this... so in the first one you stay on one point rotating drone and gimbal and in the second one you shoot from different point right?
2017-2-20
Use props
Seb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659003 ft
Poland

photoholic Posted at 2017-2-20 07:09
great thank you very much for this... so in the first one you stay on one point rotating drone and gimbal and in the second one you shoot from different point right?

First of all, enable 30° tilt gimbal extension and on-screen gridlines. Then, move gimbal up so horizon is on the level of lower horizontal gridline. Take a photo, and turn right by 1/3 of the screen width. Repeat this until you make one full turn. Then lower gimbal by 1/3 of image height and make another full turn. Again, move gimbal down by 1/3 etc. Finally you will take last photos with gimbal pointing down. This way you have covered all the panorama with enough overlap for seamless stitch.

When making shots manually you can manage flares and artifacts so you will have much less work in post. You can also take into account road traffic and other moving things, that causes ghosting. It will save your time when masking photos. Remember, some things are hard to correct in post, and this is why I make all my panoramas from hand, and carefully inspecting all the photos I make. Sometimes I make additional photos etc. Some things are hard or impossible to do when you land and return to your home.
2017-2-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I third that tooo!  
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules