DJI Go 4 vs Litchi Active Tracking experiences?
2421 11 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not really a DJI issue but still related to a DJI product, so I am hoping I can get some insight here. Because DJI Go 4 has constant app crashes on my K1, I have switched to Litchi for a much more stable experience. Yesterday, I was testing Active Tracking with Litchi and noticed the P4P constantly turned slightly left and right even when the subject being tracked was stationary. It was very windy but I am not sure that affected the function, as this was the first time I tested this mode with Litchi. I can say though that Active Tracking with DJI Go is far smoother. Keep in mind every other mode for Litchi seems flawless. Is this the same you have experienced between the two apps? If not, is there anything I can do to improve handling in Litchi?

Thank you.

2017-2-20
Use props
NewPro4user
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34964 ft
United States

Is Litchi really working better for your K1? I've just brought one and the DJi Go 4 app crashed 2 times on me. It was very scary because I was over water. Did you buy the full application or just use the free? Thanks for your help
2017-2-20
Use props
DalecWilson
lvl.1

United States

I did try the Active Track on Litchi one time and the Phantom would constantly yaw left and right making it unusable. Other than that the app has worked flawslessly.
2017-2-20
Use props
NewPro4user
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34964 ft
United States

DalecWilson Posted at 2017-2-20 07:24
I did try the Active Track on Litchi one time and the Phantom would constantly yaw left and right making it unusable. Other than that the app has worked flawslessly.

I'm using a P4P and reading the reviews has me more afraid of this application than the DJI app.
2017-2-20
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Yeah, the tracking is much smoother on DJI GO.
2017-2-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NewPro4user Posted at 2017-2-20 07:04
Is Litchi really working better for your K1? I've just brought one and the DJi Go 4 app crashed 2 times on me. It was very scary because I was over water. Did you buy the full application or just use the free? Thanks for your help

Yes! DJI Go 4 crashes 2 or 3 times per 1-battery flight. Litchi hasn't crashed even once since I installed it on the K1.
2017-2-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DalecWilson Posted at 2017-2-20 07:24

Thanks for confirming. I was afraid of that.
2017-2-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helimage Posted at 2017-2-20 09:52
Yeah, the tracking is much smoother on DJI GO.

Thank you. Looks like I'll use DJI Go 4 just for Active Tracking but Litchi for everything else.
2017-2-20
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-2-20 11:15
Thank you. Looks like I'll use DJI Go 4 just for Active Tracking but Litchi for everything else.

That's basically what I'm doing. Tripod mode is also a nice feature to use.
2017-2-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helimage Posted at 2017-2-20 11:37
That's basically what I'm doing. Tripod mode is also a nice feature to use.

Ah yes! I have not tried that yet. Will do so as soon as this wet weather passes.
2017-2-20
Use props
DalecWilson
lvl.1

United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-2-20 11:13
Yes! DJI Go 4 crashes 2 or 3 times per 1-battery flight. Lichi hasn't crashed even once since I installed it on the K1.

I've only had DJI Go crash once using Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 w/ Lollipop (The Lollipop part very important). I don't think I've had the Litche App crash. I like the DJI Go 4 better for general flying but if planing on using the the intelligent modes I use Litche (Except active track).
2017-2-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DalecWilson Posted at 2017-2-21 17:41
I've only had DJI Go crash once using Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 w/ Lollipop (The Lollipop part very important). I don't think I've had the Litche App crash. I like the DJI Go 4 better for general flying but if planing on using the the intelligent modes I use Litche (Except active track).

I downgraded the K1's rom to 1.5 yesterday and went back to Android 6 (marshmallow). Then I reinstalled DJI Go 4 and the app crashes seem to have stopped. I do get occasional breaks in the video feed now, but I can deal with that.
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules