Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sunset in Northern Spain
791 20 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Spain

I´m visiting my family in Spain and I´ve been having my first few flights with our little beast. Yesterday I went to the beach with some family and friends and while I couldn´t take much usable footage (everybody wanted to see and try the controls on the bird) the sunset looked so beautiful I couldn´t resist to do a quick edit.

Filmed at 2.7k 25fps, DLog (0,0,0) downscaled to 1080p, no color grade, no tuning (it´s just a quick arrangement of out of the camera videos)

Hope you like it!

2017-2-20
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woooow... Beautifull. I love original out of the box videos, no gimmicks, no alterations..Keep it coming..
2017-2-20
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

Looks good. Did you use "Auto" in the camera settings or manual ISO, Shutter etc?
2017-2-20
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Spain

Trent Mavic Posted at 2017-2-20 14:22
Looks good. Did you use "Auto" in the camera settings or manual ISO, Shutter etc?

Auto, plus adjusting the light with the right wheel. Didn´t go into full manual as I had all the people talking to me, checking on my screen, etc...  I haven´t played with the drone much yet, but I feel the auto exposure works quite well and you just need to adjust a bit depending on the conditions/reflections/etc...

2017-2-20
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Spain

dronist Posted at 2017-2-20 14:22
Woooow... Beautifull. I love original out of the box videos, no gimmicks, no alterations..Keep it coming..

Thanks! I was indeed surprised by the great quality just out of the camera with this mode. I love the color/saturation with the Dlog mode, and I find that in this difficult light conditions the image still gets a huge dynamic range for what a small sensor can do!
2017-2-20
Use props
ClancyO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

Nice shots!
2017-2-20
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-20 15:27
Auto, plus adjusting the light with the right wheel. Didn´t go into full manual as I had all the people talking to me, checking on my screen, etc...  I haven´t played with the drone much yet, but I feel the auto exposure works quite well and you just need to adjust a bit depending on the conditions/reflections/etc...

Thanks. Yeh trying to work on that myself as evening flights sometimes result in a lot of noise in the trees/roofs etc so just looking if I can make any differences by working on the manual settings just to reduce it a tiny bit
2017-2-21
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Spain

Trent Mavic Posted at 2017-2-21 01:15
Thanks. Yeh trying to work on that myself as evening flights sometimes result in a lot of noise in the trees/roofs etc so just looking if I can make any differences by working on the manual settings just to reduce it a tiny bit

Well, night shots are for sure going to have noise. What I´ve heard from people taking such pictures is that you should find a night with not too much wind, get the drone in position, manual exposure and lower the ISO (so you get less noise) and perform a long exposure (2,3,4 seconds...) As long as the night is not windy, the drone will stay stable enough for such long exposure shots.
2017-2-21
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Very nicely done CuaC. Keep posting more video's please. Have fun in Spain, have been driving around in Spain a few years ago.
We still go there, it is close by and allot to discover for us. Beautiful architecture, buildings and nature is fantastic.
2017-2-21
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-21 01:32
Well, night shots are for sure going to have noise. What I´ve heard from people taking such pictures is that you should find a night with not too much wind, get the drone in position, manual exposure and lower the ISO (so you get less noise) and perform a long exposure (2,3,4 seconds...) As long as the night is not windy, the drone will stay stable enough for such long exposure shots.

Yeh expecting noise at night but finding that on Auto the footage is sometimes a bit underexposed and the dark detailed areas trees/roofs end up looking a bit noisy. Just got down from 3 battery loads testing a load of different settings and getting the hang of it slowly.
2017-2-21
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Spain

Anoniem Posted at 2017-2-21 01:47
Very nicely done CuaC. Keep posting more video's please. Have fun in Spain, have been driving around in Spain a few years ago.
We still go there, it is close by and allot to discover for us. Beautiful architecture, buildings and nature is fantastic.

Thanks a lot! Sadly I´m here just for holidays! I was born here but one has to keep up with the professional career
2017-2-21
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Spain

Trent Mavic Posted at 2017-2-21 04:22
Yeh expecting noise at night but finding that on Auto the footage is sometimes a bit underexposed and the dark detailed areas trees/roofs end up looking a bit noisy. Just got down from 3 battery loads testing a load of different settings and getting the hang of it slowly.

You can always correct the shots on the right wheel (If we´re talking about normal shots) I always keep the levels diagram to try to keep the lights centered, it´s quite useful to me even when it takes so much space on a tiny screen.
2017-2-21
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-21 04:35
You can always correct the shots on the right wheel (If we´re talking about normal shots) I always keep the levels diagram to try to keep the lights centered, it´s quite useful to me even when it takes so much space on a tiny screen.

Keep forgetting about the exposure adjustment. Always find it a bit tricky by just going on the iPhone screen but hey, it's all practice. Thanks for the reply!
And yeh, keeping the histogram up would prob help!
2017-2-21
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
United States

Trent Mavic Posted at 2017-2-21 04:41
Keep forgetting about the exposure adjustment. Always find it a bit tricky by just going on the iPhone screen but hey, it's all practice. Thanks for the reply!
And yeh, keeping the histogram up would prob help!

The histogram is the key. The image on your phone might lie, the histogram doesn't.
2017-2-21
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I'm thinking about moving to Asturias!
2017-2-21
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Spain

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-21 07:21
I'm thinking about moving to Asturias!

Well, it´s beautiful, it rains a lot, but still a bit less than in the UK... you can be at the beach and get to the mountains in about 1 hour... It´s really an unknown gem in the north of Spain.

Of course, as in every place in the north of Spain, also the food is great and affordable
2017-2-21
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-21 13:41
Well, it´s beautiful, it rains a lot, but still a bit less than in the UK... you can be at the beach and get to the mountains in about 1 hour... It´s really an unknown gem in the north of Spain.

Of course, as in every place in the north of Spain, also the food is great and affordable

My partner's family is originally from Gijon, we've talked about it, maybe it's time to put words into action!
2017-2-22
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
United Kingdom

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-22 00:18
My partner's family is originally from Gijon, we've talked about it, maybe it's time to put words into action!

The only issue is getting a job. Not many tech companies and salaries are ridiculous. That's why I left, first to Madrid, later to Germany.

Otherwise Asturias would be a true heaven on earth!
2017-2-22
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-21 13:41

For the most people outside of Spain this is a unknown part of Spain.
We have seen the most of south Spain all across and some Ibiza/ Mallorca.. but looking at pictures on the internet this could be nice also to explore walking and with car.
Going to look into details about weather, apartment and hotels
2017-2-22
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Spain

Anoniem Posted at 2017-2-22 00:28
For the most people outside of Spain this is a unknown part of Spain.
We have seen the most of south Spain all across and some Ibiza/ Mallorca.. but looking at pictures on the internet this could be nice also to explore walking and with car.
Going to look into details about weather, apartment and hotels

Indeed it is. I always have to take out google maps when chatting with colleagues back in Germany. Most of them have been in Spain, but if they have ever travelled to the north it´s typically the Basque Country or Galicia.

Weather is mixed. Winters uses to be rainy, but not so cold (It doesn´t get below 10 ºC very often) Snow can normally be seen only by the mountains (There are some sky resorts)  Summer is warmer but it rarelly gets really hot (temp. stays around 20/25 ºC) It rains over the whole year, bt if you´ve ever been to Ireland you can get an idea of the weather (You can have a sunny-cloudy-rainy and sunny again day.

Accomodation uses to be affordable. If you want to spend some extra budget I can recommend the Parador hotel of Cangas de Onís. The Paradores network is a national network of hotels built on renewed national landmarks. The one in Cangas de Onís was built over the remains of an old Monastery and it´s trully amazing. It has been recently awarded the best one in Spain (and I can tell it´s worth its price! The place is amazing and the staff makes you feel home. The hotel manager is a really warm and nice person and he stays around the place the whole day taking care of everything. You can check their website here: http://www.parador.es/en/paradores/parador-de-cangas-de-onis

Feel free to ask anything about my home region... I´m proud to answer!
2017-2-22
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Great landscape and sunlight! I am looking forward to see more videos from Asturias ;)
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules