New battery to be released?
1073 10 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TicKet
lvl.1
United States

Hello all, Last weekend I bought a Phantom 4 from Best Buy and the salesman who helped me out talked me out of buying extra batteries.  He explained that he had recently read an article that talked about a new, hour lasting battery that DJI was working on in conjunction with tesla.  He told me the article explaied the battery would be available in approx. 2 months online and 3 months in retail stores.  But since I left the store ive been searching for any mention of a yet-to-be released battery and can't find one. Anyone else heard of this? Or was he mistaken?

Thanks!
2017-2-20
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha TicKet,

That may be the new Graphene batteries.  Very much still in development.  Best Buy should be selling the High Capacity batteries though.  They are good for a half hour.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

An hour of flight, from one pack, would likely reduce overall battery sales.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Unless your source can point you toward some credible evidence, I wouldn't be listening to him at all.
His story seems very unlikely.
2017-2-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-20 18:42
Unless your source can point you toward some credible evidence, I wouldn't be listening to him at all.
His story seems very unlikely.

The tech is here now. Just need it to be incorporated into the current DJI solution and form-factor.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... po-batteries.81621/
2017-2-20
Use props
TicKet
lvl.1
United States

He must have been mistaken then.  Doubt he was lying, talked me out of buying more, which is strange for a salesman. lol
2017-2-20
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-20 18:34
An hour of flight, from one pack, would likely reduce overall battery sales.

I would like it so I could do more sunrises and sunsets without needing to bring 3 batteries.
It would be like me adding the Argtek Antenna, it also give a safety margin on long flights.Some people drive a long way to get to sites to fly and longer battery life would give them more options.
2017-2-20
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

lol the argtek kills it i had one it halfed my range the dbs doubled it.
2017-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-20 20:28
I would like it so I could do more sunrises and sunsets without needing to bring 3 batteries.
It would be like me adding the Argtek Antenna, it also give a safety margin on long flights.

Yea, I get that. But what I'm meaning is would you want seven of those 1 hour batteries?

I have four normal flights around  20Min per flights, depending if my Lume Cubes are attached.
Looking forward to buying three more packs. If my battery lasted one hour each, I would only need to buy one rather than 3 for the same flight time.
Since the recorded videos on the Phantom 3 Pro are limited to 9 minutes per, before being segmented I can get two per flight.

RedaHotPoker

2017-2-20
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-2-20 22:43
lol the argtek kills it i had one it halfed my range the dbs doubled it.

Then your Argtek was either installed incorrectly or faulty.  
2017-2-21
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

I myself have had not much luck with the ARGtek antennas.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules