No Audio when recording with DJI GO
876 1 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbmonster
New

United States

I've been using the OSMO mobile/DJI GO app with my iphone 7+ since december and loving it, until now. This past weekend I took a trip out of town to film a car event. When I got back I excitedly trasfered all my footage to my PC to start editing, only to find out all of the 100+ clips I recorded with the DJI app have no audio. This is the first time this has happened and I have no idea what the problem is. Only the clips I recorded with the DJI app have no audio, everything I recorded with the built in iOS camera app is fine, and the clips I recorded with filmic pro are fine. When I play back the videos within the DJI app they have audio, when I save them to my camera roll and play them back withen the photos app they have audio, but when I transfer the files to my PC (with or without using itunes) the audio gets lost. Again this is only the clips I filmed with the DJI app, clips filmed with any other app are fine.  

Anybody else have this issue or know of a solution?
2017-2-20
Use props
dbmonster
New

United States

Update - I figured out that the video files do still have audio once transferred to my PC, however only a select few programs will play the audio. I'm assuming this is due to the file format or encoding (I'm not the most tech savvy). The only programs I have that will play the audio are Quicktime and Divinci Resolve. There is no audio when played back in Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, GoPro Studio, or anything else I've tried. My question is when and why did this change? Everything I recorded with the DJI app prior to the last month or so works fine with any program.   
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules