Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrected their Mistake
1180 13 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I received an update notification for one of my iPad 3 apps, Absolute RC Heli SIM.
Go to the Apple download site, tap update. To see the description reads: Word Misspelled Fixed

Wondering who notified them of a simple spelling mistake?
Never seen an app updated for something so minor.

I haven't played with that SIM for a few more than several months. Been quite nearly a year. So I'm Not sure how long it's been, since its last update.
I have notified websites numerous times of spelling or other errors though. ;-)  
Sometimes they reply back with a Thank You, but more often than not, I have gotten nothing.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-20
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Ahem. " A few several months " is redundant.  Better update that.
2017-2-20
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-2-20 20:59

Haha.   And uncorrected mistakes.    ;-)
2017-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-2-20 21:24
Haha.   And uncorrected mistakes.    ;-)

Fast past tense. Corrected mistake means the errant " type o" was gently  gone back over with precision.

The spelling error has been duly noted, and appropriate action was spectacularly undertaken.

When the sausage fingered author struck the keyboard with such force, that the correspondent vowel was stimulated into triggering it's own excersise.

The intellectually superior webmaster has been resplendent accordingly with the game master request.

Up all night, suffering severe cramping in both lower legs and feet.  After over medicating, Slept all day.
Had woke up at 7:00pm this evening, feeling much better, but disappointed in missing the whole day.

Into to the heat of the night. It will, no doubt, be a very late one.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-2-20 20:59

If you multiply several months X a few times, let's say 3 is a few, and I hadn't played for 6-9 months...

A few more than several months, is what I may alternatively have said. ;-)

Gee I haven't payed any attention to dozens of my other iPad games right, even my old favorite word spelling game, Scrabble. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-20
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-20 23:38
If you multiply several months X a few times, let's say 3 is a few, and I hadn't played for 6-9 months...

Nice save....attempt.
2017-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You inadvertently misunderstood my thoughts. Get a grip.. Haha

Dance dance??

RedHotPoker
2017-2-21
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-20 23:29
Fast past tense. Corrected mistake means the errant " type o" was gently  gone back over with precision.

The spelling error has been duly noted, and appropriate action was spectacularly undertaken.

LOL
And sorry you aren't feeling well.
2017-2-21
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

time to do some more sim flying!
2017-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-2-21 06:47
LOL
And sorry you aren't feeling well.

Robert, Between 'The Cramps' and "occasional frequent" pain in the neck,
"I can't hardly stand it"
But if well means joy, I have plenty of that.
He shoots, he Scores!!

"Nice save....attempt."
@Kneepuck
Yes, try as 'wee might'. This pondery was answered below. It works for me.

Reader Norma H. Flaskerud wonders about few and several.

She thinks “a few” refers to “maybe 2-3 items” while “several” refers to “maybe 3-6.” Her husband says “a few” is 4-7 items.

Few is the opposite of many. It derives from words having the meaning of “small” and “little.” It is related to Latin paucus (little, few) and even puer (child/boy). Old English feawe/fea derives from a Germanic root meaning “little.”

The number implied in the word few is “more than two,” Beyond that, trying to specify how many more is fruitless.
I expect the New Testament writer was anticipating more than 2-7 converts when writing:
Many are called but few are chosen.
In 1940 Winston Churchill was referring to the pilots of the Royal Air Force when he wrote:

Never in the field of human conflict , was so much owed by so many to so few.

The Few” became a name for this group of fliers: 2,353 British subjects and 574 volunteers from overseas.

Several comes from a word meaning “existing apart.” Before it came to mean “more than one” (about 1530), it was used with the meanings “separate, various, diverse, different.”

In legal use several preserves the meaning of “separate.” In the following example it is used to show that liability is enforceable separately against each party
The contractual liability of each company to insured is several and not joint.
In keeping with its original meaning, several may be used to separate one group from another:
A large group of soldiers gathered to protest the law. Several were women.

The word several, usually an adjective or pronoun, has also been used as a verb. A farmer or community would “several” a large expanse of land into smaller parcels.

It would seem that few and several can imply any number you want them to.

By the way, in checking the Churchill quotation, I re-read the speech in which it appears. It’s worth the time of any writer who is looking for models of beautifully-written English prose.
http://www.winstonchurchill.org/resources/speeches/113-the-few

I had to look this up, for my own reference.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/few-vs-several/

RedHotPoker

2017-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Microcyb Posted at 2017-2-21 07:09
time to do some more sim flying!

That's for sure, and RTFM too, "eh"? Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Maybe if they are anal enough to correct a spelling error, they are also anal enough to make the program work right.  
2017-2-21
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-2-21 12:40
Maybe if they are anal enough to correct a spelling error, they are also anal enough to make the program work right.

Well that program was created using Unity3D.  Sadly the UI interface and such were based on stock assets without proper changes.
2017-2-21
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

You edited your title, now my first post makes less sense.
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules