DJI GO 4 - Now for use with the Phantom 4
6238 23 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hey everyone,

I wanted to alert you to the fact that DJI GO 4 can now be used with the Phantom 4! The Phantom 3, Inspire1, OSMO and Matrice series will still be used with DJI GO.

You can view and download the apps here:

iTunes
DJI GO
DJI GO 4

Google Play
DJI GO
DJI GO 4

If you're currently using DJI GO for your P4, you can make the switch over!

- Joe
2017-2-21
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647372 ft
Austria

tnx Joe for the info
2017-2-21
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

i use DJI GO 4  with P4 from app start. is here  something different now?  DJi GO 4 restarting during flight in my H. M2 tablet. You didint fix it so i must try another app.
2017-2-22
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Thanks Joe, already using the GO 4. Is there a reason to have TWO apps? It is kind of annoying...my OSMO only accepts the old DJI GO, and the P4 is best on the new DJI GO 4. So...why not just make one app that handles all your products?
2017-2-22
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

This isn't new for iOS, right? I am pretty sure I switched over weeks ago. I remember some confusion at that time but the App description said DJI Go 4 was for P4 and greater.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Some of you may have already been aware of this update. It isn't especially new, but I wanted to alert those who weren't aware of it.

>fivetonine "Thanks Joe, already using the GO 4. Is there a reason to have TWO apps? It is kind of annoying...my OSMO only accepts the old DJI GO, and the P4 is best on the new DJI GO 4. So...why not just make one app that handles all your products?"

I'm not part of the app dev team so I can't answer for certain. However, it looks like DJI GO is being replaced slowly with new products. I'm sure both apps will be supported for as long as the crafts under it are used.
2017-2-22
Use props
Danceyman
New

Canada

Have used both apps when trying to initiate original setup of phantom 4.  Cannot get pass the screen that advises "How to connect".  We have followed the the 4 steps but cannot "enter camera view".  We cannot enter equipment page.
2017-2-22
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

Danceyman Posted at 2017-2-22 10:26
Have used both apps when trying to initiate original setup of phantom 4.  Cannot get pass the screen that advises "How to connect".  We have followed the the 4 steps but cannot "enter camera view".  We cannot enter equipment page.

DJI Go 4 crashed almost immediately when I tried to fly with it today, so I switched to Litchi and had no problems at all.  What's up with that?
2017-2-22
Use props
greenleaves
New

Malaysia

There's a weird bug on Android that prevents the phone from connecting to the drone if mobile data or LTE is on at the same time WiFi is on. I'm running Android 7.1 Nougat on a Mi Max, latest app, P3S with latest firmware, and I can never get the Camera button to appear in DJI GO if mobile data is on. Everything works once mobile data is disabled.

I don't know if it's a Nougat bug, a general Android bug or if it happens only with the latest app version.
2017-2-22
Use props
Finnfoto
New

United States

Phantom 4 Pro Plus setup is a huge pain in the a**!

I cannot for the life of me get the DJI GO 4 to stay open for more than 2 minutes without it crashing. I have upgraded firmware on the rig and the controller with the same results. Pretty frustrating considering a "built in controller" should be a pretty simple piece of hardware to use.

I don't have enough points to start a new thread so I thought I would extend this one.

HAS ANYONE WITH THE PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS figured out how to stop the software/app from crashing.

UGH!
2017-2-22
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Joe, maybe you wanted  to alert your dev team to the fact that DJI GO 4 is crashing on many devices (inc. recom. devices) and this is reason why many people began prefer old DJI APP or Llichi before DJI4
2017-2-23
Use props
BS-Farmer
New

United States

Thanks for the information. I'll tell my group.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Dovivan Posted at 2017-2-23 02:39
Joe, maybe you wanted  to alert your dev team to the fact that DJI GO 4 is crashing on many devices (inc. recom. devices) and this is reason why many people began prefer old DJI APP or Llichi before DJI4

Trust me when I say our dev team knows and is working on it.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans43d08e0b
New

United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-2-23 09:46

In this new app, is there a feature to change the RTH point in mid flight?  If one launches on a boat , the smart move is to have the RTH setting be the RC unit. Advise as you can?
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

fans43d08e0b Posted at 2017-2-23 15:16
In this new app, is there a feature to change the RTH point in mid flight?  If one launches on a boat , the smart move is to have the RTH setting be the RC unit. Advise as you can?

You still have this ability, yes.
2017-2-23
Use props
fansac40b925
lvl.1

Canada

Very happy with dji warranty. Gave me a new drone after a fail in the air
2017-2-23
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-2-23 09:46

i trust you. This was only reaction becouse  DJI dont communicate with us about this issues.
2017-2-24
Use props
White Gold
New

United States

I have a Ipad Air and it says its not compatible when I try to download DJI Go 4. What could be the problem?
2017-3-2
Use props
king59
New

Italy

I have an Samsung Tab 3 SM-T311. It use to work well with DJI GO. Now "not compatible" message received when I try to download DJI Go 4. Is there any compatible/not compatible tables list for DJI GO 4 or we are facing an GJI GO 4 fault ?
2017-3-7
Use props
Grumpy Old Man
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37795 ft
Australia

Well, don't know about you guys but I'm about fed up with this app constantly crashing. Last time was at a crucial flight moment close to trees... Does anyone know if the older version is more stable, and what functions it lacks???
Thanks.

2017-3-14
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

SWITCH TO LITCHI!!!  I had same problems, over and over.  I switched to Litchi and it has NEVER crashed.  Also, I love the features-especially the waypoint options.
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-4-7
Use props
O'FallonTV
New
United States

I have a multitude of issues after a failed attempt at a firmware update on my Phantom 4.  Seems the craft has lost it's identity.  If I use the DJI GO4 app, my Android device insists I install the DJI GO app, telling me I'm connecting to a Phantom 3 Pro - and gives me no other option, by the way.  After reinstalling the DJI GO app, it gives me the option to enter the camera mode of an Inspire 1 or a Phantom Pro 3.  Regardless of the product selected, however, the mode displays "Disconnected" and shows no status or camera image.  If I connect my device directly to the craft, it sees a Phantom 4.  Still won't successfully update the firmware, downloads the update and stops the install at 5%.  Connecting the craft to a Win7 PC using the Assistant 2, the computer sees the Phantom 4.  Again, firmware update fails after download.  Could there be a problem with my RC unit?
2017-4-7
Use props
filippog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 252516 ft
Italy

DJI  GO 4! failure .{:4_142:}
I just flew with the latest update 4.0.6 online since yesterday. In the Android system some errors have been corrected but the app. crashes every time on movies.
Unbearable.
2017-4-13
Use props
Fizzy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8895791 ft
Australia

Can anyone tell me how to sync my old P4 DJI Go app flight records with the new records on the DJI Go4 app. please?
My IPad uploaded much of my stored data to ICloud and the Go app crashed so I installed the DJI Go4 app but I can't see how to get my old flight records back.
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules