2801 10 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans43d5cdb6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16811 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit desperate. I'm going to leave Australia on Saturday and I want to claim GST for my Mavic on my way out of the country. In order to do that, I need to have an Australian Tax invoice for my purchase. The problem is, the support here at DJI promised already three times to provide me the invoice but nothing happens.

Before I bought the Mavic I got in contact with DJI Support Chat and asked the guys if they do provide an Australian Tax Invoice (With name, ABN and GST) and the guy confirmed it. After the Mavic arrived I've asked three times via the chat for the invoice. Every time, they guarentee to send me the invoice within 1-2 business days to my email address, but nothing ever happens.

This is seriously the worst customer experience ever, no one's actually coming back to me and everyone is just pretending that they will send the invoice and nothing happens.

Today I sent an email through, not much hope that this channel will work any better.

Has someone any recommendation? Any DJI official could help please?

Cheers,
Daniel
2017-2-21
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

ensure DJI Australia, and ABN 67 614 699 843 is in the invoice. I were you, I would also print out this http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=67614699843 too
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry you are experiencing difficulties, Daniel.
Could you please provide me with your order number? I'll help to look into it.
2017-2-21
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I guess GST is the same as our VAT. Check out DJI Support - Help Purchasing
Here it states:

13. Can I apply for a VAT refund with the invoice provided by DJI?
No. We are currently offering the fastest delivery service for our customers. In order to do that, the delivery company handles customs clearance as well as pays tariffs and VAT on the behalf of our customers.
Therefore, customers are not able to apply VAT Refund in this situation.
2017-2-22
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
South Africa

Hi Daniel I had exactly the same challenge as I needed the invoice to register my Mavic. It took a lot of emails to all the email addresses for DJI that i could find plus a couple of online chats. What I did find out was they only issue an invoice once the product has been delivered, in case that's your delay. Keep on at them and it should arrive hopefully within your short time frame.

Cheers
2017-2-22
Use props
fanscdc3302d
New

Germany

Dear DJI Team,

I face the same issue as "fans63292f11". Your answer that the invoice can be found under our order details is not sufficient and satisfying. The problem is that I have ordered the Mavic Pro for our company and we require a printed or at least pdf invoice including VAT details etc. for our accounting. As we have ordered the Mavic in January 2017 and received it also in January and it is already March, our accounting would like to close the month.

For your information, I already contacted the "onlinesales@dji.com" address as well as the online chat and German and Chinese telephone number. A few weeks back, an online chat agent told me that he has issued the invoice and it will be send via mail to me within the next days. STILL NO INVOICE.

So, please be so kind and provide me with an official invoice containing all relevant and required details like VAT etc.

Our order number is 0491446186902.

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards
Patrick
2017-3-1
Use props
Dogma74
lvl.2
Czechia

fanscdc3302d Posted at 2017-3-1 07:53
Dear DJI Team,

I face the same issue as "fans63292f11". Your answer that the invoice can be found under our order details is not sufficient and satisfying. The problem is that I have ordered the Mavic Pro for our company and we require a printed or at least pdf invoice including VAT details etc. for our accounting. As we have ordered the Mavic in January 2017 and received it also in January and it is already March, our accounting would like to close the month.

+1

Sad story:-( I can hardly accept that.

My order number: 4206024395598
2017-3-1
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
Australia

I am currently having this same problem. DJI have the worst customer support I have ever seen. And as for DJI paying all tax, yes that is what companies usually do! I leave today and have been waiting for weeks for my invoice.

Does anyone know if there's a way we can make a claim under the tourist refund scheme (Australia) whilst already overseas?
2017-3-27
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
Australia

Just letting any Aussies know that I spoke to TRS on the phone today and they said I can submit a claim. They will view the goods at the airport and then reject the claim. I can then supposedly send the correct invoice when it arrives via email. Hopefully this works otherwise I will be following this up with DJI (likely with little success)
2017-3-27
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So it turns out because DJI don't have a registered Australian company we cannot claim the tax back. The invoice they send doesn't even include the amount of tax paid. The invoice when it arrives (commercial invoice) says the drone cost AUD$1999 meaning the extra $200 is the tax, yet we can't claim it back. So it's quite annoying.
2017-4-1
Use props
fansa7d7111b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3477484 ft
Brazil

Hi.
Unfortunately I am very frustrated as well as I have been told by DJI that when buying on a DJI online store you can not ask for a VAT refund.
I am a non EU resident and have to pay tax for the EU without being refunded.
Very sad.
2020-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules