Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yet another newly question, this time about video
12Next >
2482 54 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Getting familiar with my new bird and finding issues. With remote iPad and bird all booted and running, DJIGO app open and bird initialized, in Camera mode I'm getting a constant scan of video signal. The video will not remain constant at all, What could be causing this and what do I have to do to fix it. Please note, I haven't yet updated to latest firmwear and the app asked me to, just very late and am also having battery issues, the one where instead of turning off the LED's when fully charged the 3rd LED from the bottom keeps flashing, I am discharging it now and will attempt another charge tomorrow night. Hopefully that issue will sort itself out, but I really would love to know what's up with my camera. Help please!
2017-2-21
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Maybe I'm being a bit dim here but not sure what you mean, could you post a short video of the problem you're having?
2017-2-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Please before you do any updating read my tips page and I will tell you right now  UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST ALWAYS THEN THE RC TRANSMITTER .
Before you update please go to the 'about' tab of go app and list what versions of firmware you have , make sure the entire system is on or some of the versions will say NA.  and then dont update till we look at it , I promise  we will get back with you . ( sample screen shot below , its old but is giving you an idea what to look for )

Link below
Tips for loading NEW firmware to SD card and transmitter
What are you using for the Go app ? I pad mini 3 or Pro or air ???  Make sure your Antennas are not crossed as well on the RC, describe in more detail what you are seeing , Is it like multi colors of green on the screen or what .  A picture or video will help for sure .  
You are using the USB port  on the back of the RC transmitter correct and Not the HDMI  correct .  also if using the X5 camera be sure you are putting the slotted tab( on camera ) ,in the slot of the vibration board and then lining up the white lines on the camera and vibration board  to make a perfect fit , then lock in place .  YOU DID GET THE X5 PRO board and not the X3 moutning board correct ? It does have the slot on the camera  and the gimbal has  a slot that it fits into perfectly .  Just want to make sure this is not our problem . Very strange what you are describing regarding video . I just wonder if you are super old firmware that the go app does not recognize.

Also be sure to read the manual cover to cover to get the basics down as well .  

Regarding batteries  below :
The batteris more than likely need updating.  Are you saying you cant  get all the green lights  all the way to the 4 th one when charging , it stops at the third ?  How many packs do you have and are they all doing it ?
Are you saying after you have  FULLY  charged your pack and it is OFF the charger and you press the Round Power button , the THIRD Y FROM THE POWER CIRCLE FLASHES  or is it actually the SECOND ONE  .  Look at the manual and let me know if this is the case .  

Or is it only charging to the third Y and then wont charge any further ??

Just no sure what you mean

Go to page 23 of the manual and see if this is what you mean .
If you are good with video  Like Mark said that would be helpful .

This is  a new system correct  correct ?  X3 or X5 camera , and who exactly did you get it from .....

donnie

about page 1.8.PNG
2017-2-22
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-22 14:27
Please before you do any updating read my tips page and I will tell you right now  UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST ALWAYS THEN THE RC TRANSMITTER .
Before you update please go to the 'about' tab of go app and list what versions of firmware you have , make sure the entire system is on or some of the versions will say NA.  and then dont update till we look at it , I promise  we will get back with you . ( sample screen shot below , its old but is giving you an idea what to look for )

Thank you Donnie, I know you  are a respected member of the forum, so I'm very glad you are paying attention to my issues. Yes it is a new bird I purchased from an Ebay vendor by the name of Moto-House, out of New Britain CT.  I don't know if you read my previous thread relating to my misgivings that I might have gotten a I1 V2.0 rather than a Pro as it this bird does not have the landing gear extensions, Model number T801 motors 3510H. The vendor had oversold when I ordered it (buy it now) and I had to wait as he informed me he had a shipment clearing customs and it would be a week, and indeed it was. I'm not mad at the vendor yet, however I wrote him with my grievances last night and he didn't respond all day today. I also updated him on the status of the camera which is fine as I used on an Oslo handle with no major issues today, video fine for the most part just at the issues I'm having to deal with which are not making me warm and fuzzy.
forgive me but I have no site hosting photos or video for me and it seems that's the only way to get videos posted here, otherwise there would already be videos, Do you have any suggestions as to how to get you the photos/ video?
2017-2-22
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

App Version 3.1.4
Aircraft Version 1.9.1.30+
RC Version 1.6..0+
Camera Version 1.9.1.10

Yes it looks like the camera is properly installed on the craft, yes the app is asking me to update firmware upon boot. Frankly I'm freaking out, this is a pretty large investment for me and need to get it to work asap, it really needs to pay for itself, yeah I know ... ha ha HA LOL.
2017-2-22
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie I took the liberty of mailing you photos of my bird and the about page with the video running, or trying to run in the background
Battery is completing charge and instead of turning off or on whatever the case should be, the 3rd Y from te bottom begins to blink 2 times every secondAnd yes the bird has the X5 mounting plate on
2017-2-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-22 17:30
Donnie I took the liberty of mailing you photos of my bird and the about page with the video running, or trying to run in the background
Battery is completing charge and instead of turning off or on whatever the case should be, the 3rd Y from te bottom begins to blink 2 times every secondAnd yes the bird has the X5 mounting plate on

My e mail is donaldjames1990@gmail.com

You can just take pictures or video and send via your phone or whatever you like .

The battery is giving a "over current detected " warning .  Are you using the charger that came with it .  Is this only happening on One pack or more ?  It is hard to say if the update to the batteries will fix this problem .

Did you look at page 22 of the manual , make sure you have the correct orientation of the "Y" so you are not reading it backwards.

You are on good firmware on the system , It looks like you already updated the RC and AC Is that correct ?  You did that correct ?  Its fine I just want to verify .

So bottom line send me pics and or video and I will get back with You , I have a meeting today and will get back with you tonight or at the latest tomorrow.
No worries, we will get you sorted .

donnie

2017-2-23
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11240 ft
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-23 04:44
My e mail is donaldjames1990@gmail.com

You can just take pictures or video and send via your phone or whatever you like .

this is MIXCHIEF
Sorry Donnie, I forgot my password for this forum and I'm not home so I had to make another account.

I actually mailed you last night but my phone sometimes has issues with gmail, don't understand why, but I'll try to send you pics and video today, hopefully it works if I do it from my business email.

No I've updated nothing, firmware is as received, you suggest flying it first to make sure the bird is good, I will do some light flying without the X5 installed to make sure, I have checked that the motors start and react correctly to stick inputs so I don't predict issues with flying.

Can you answer me one question please. If the sticker in the fuselage, I guess where the s/n is, specifies the craft is a inspire 1 V2.0 is is still a pro? Is the pro designation just referring to the X5 as opposed to the X3 as in the Osmo?
2017-2-23
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-2-23 07:19
this is MIXCHIEF
Sorry Donnie, I forgot my password for this forum and I'm not home so I had to make another account.

Correct. The v2 airframe is the same for models called I1 (X3), Pro (X5), & Raw (X5R). The firmware for the I1 is similar for the airframe, but differs for the camera, so you download firmware and update based on the camera (s) you fly...
2017-2-23
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-2-23 10:20
Correct. The v2 airframe is the same for models called I1 (X3), Pro (X5), & Raw (X5R). The firmware for the I1 is similar for the airframe, but differs for the camera, so you download firmware and update based on the camera (s) you fly...

Thanks guys, Moto-House requested I send the whole kit back to them so they can take a look themselves, so I will take them up on it and hope that I have a full feathered bird when I get it back. I thank each of you for your help and advise, I can see there is great community here that I'll be happy to be a part of.
2017-2-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-2-23 14:00
Thanks guys, Moto-House requested I send the whole kit back to them so they can take a look themselves, so I will take them up on it and hope that I have a full feathered bird when I get it back. I thank each of you for your help and advise, I can see there is great community here that I'll be happy to be a part of.

Okey dokey that is fine , better to be safe than sorry .

donnie
2017-2-23
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-2-23 14:00

Cool, glad that the vendor is willing to assist!

P.S. To fully answer your initial question, the v2.0 upgrade (which has both T600 and T601 aircraft model numbers) to the Inspire 1 provided a new, larger gimbal mounting plate that supports the X3, X5 & X5R camera systems; to accommodate the new X5 & X5R cameras, the v2.0 has added landing gear extensions that raise the aircraft about a half inch; and as you noted, the propulsion system was upgraded with 3510H, 420kV motors, along with new 1345T Quick-release props. All of this can be seen on the I1 spec page found by click on this link..... and is best summarzed with this YT video, thanks to Kailash Naik:

Edit per DJI-Jamie's Post -> Battery Charging protection LEDs:
Charger.png

2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-22 17:30

I'm sorry if this was missed, but what iPad version are you running? I believe that what you might be getting from the battery is an indication that the charger might be causing an overcurrent. Do you happen to have another charger to use?
2017-2-23
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-23 16:16
I'm sorry if this was missed, but what iPad version are you running? I believe that what you might be getting from the battery is an indication that the charger might be causing an overcurrent. Do you happen to have another charger to use?

I'm using an iPad 4 Jamie. Oh so in your opinion it's the charger and not the battery that is at fault?, No I'm afraid I have no other DJI Charger but the one supplied with the Inspire.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-23 17:05
I'm using an iPad 4 Jamie. Oh so in your opinion it's the charger and not the battery that is at fault?, No I'm afraid I have no other DJI Charger but the one supplied with the Inspire.

Since the 3rd LED on the battery is the one that's flashing, it indicates that it could be a charger issue. If you happen to either know a friend with an Inspire or you have a local dealer in the area, you might be able to borrow a charger for further troubleshooting.
2017-2-23
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-23 23:52
Since the 3rd LED on the battery is the one that's flashing, it indicates that it could be a charger issue. If you happen to either know a friend with an Inspire or you have a local dealer in the area, you might be able to borrow a charger for further troubleshooting.

Just to be clear, it is third from the back second from the on off switch
2017-2-24
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-2-24 06:22

Come to think of it, since the bird came without it's stiletto heels, is it possible the firmware is for the X3 gimbal instead of the X5 gimbal? is there a difference in the bird's firmware if it carries either or? Maybe that's my video problem?
2017-2-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-2-24 06:22

Regarding the battery  , if you have the battery FULLY CHARGED and then you press the power button one time and you are getting the LED  #3 ( the order is 1,2,3,4, and the 5th button you could say is the power button )  That is an indication of over charge .  did they ship you the Standard charger or the Fast Charger ?  neither one should give you problems but just wondering .  did you do a complete cycle of the battery ?  You  must take the battery way down below 5% and then do a full charge , see if it clears itself up .  
To discharge what I do is just fly my bird and get it down below 20 % , then keeping the AC in tight get in a hover and get the battery way down to say 10%, now my hover is over grass and just inches off the deck.  Then in your case (new to this flying business )  i would just bring the system in the house and turn off the RC transmitter REMOVE THE PROPS , AND JUST LET THE BATTERY DIE ON THE AC AND IT WILL JUST SHUT  itself down.  The props are removed just in case a stray signal or someone where to accidently turn on the RC and try to start it  (highly unlikely and is just what I do for safety .)  

I would remove the camera as well when flying to discharge the battery  , till you get the proper "stillettos " But note the AC flys much differently with the camera removed .

donnie

2017-2-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-2-24 06:25
Come to think of it, since the bird came without it's stiletto heels, is it possible the firmware is for the X3 gimbal instead of the X5 gimbal? is there a difference in the bird's firmware if it carries either or? Maybe that's my video problem?

Ok, which camera did you system come with ?  The X3 or X5 ?  The X5 is MUCH  larger and looks like a  a professional camera, whereas the X3 looks like an Egg kind of ,  with a lens ? ( I just want to make sure you have the X5 ONLY )

Yes this could be the problem ( poor video )  if you have the wrong Firmware installed and does not match the system . ( not 100% sure , never saw the actual scrren problem )  You have an I pad 4 which should have enough power.  Make sure NO  othere apps are running in backround with the go app  device on , also be sure to "enable " the hardware decocde on the Go App , this is under general settings of the go app , only enable it with everything ON or it will not lock to the system , most of the settings are stored on the aircraft and NOT on the GO App.  By enabling hardware decode it takes some of the Load off the Processor on the I- pad  .  Many video problems are from the GO app device .  If you have the means the Go app Pro is in my opinion the best one out there.  This has been tested by other members as well.  The I pad Mini versions 1 and 2 will barely  work for some pilots and the MINI 3 and 4 are much better ,BUT to me the I pad pro ( standard size ) is the best one .

It was my understanding that the company you purchased it from did all the updating to the system and since they did not have the Pro in Stock the upgraded the Standard Inspire to the Pro .  ( it is the same exact model when upgraded )
According to the post you gave #5 you have 1.9.1.10 firmware version - this is the previoous  X5 camera firmware  .  The RC and Aircraft look like they were updated to the latest ones with the + sign after  the old Firmware, these  firmware versions should update  completely once you connect the go app to the Internet  ( NOTE : you ARE UPDATED on the AC and RC and Go app , just NOT the camera )  , the + sign after the old firmware means it is loaded successfully , it just needs to connect to dji servers and then the  current version firmware  numbers will be on the display .  

So bottom line , yes that could be the problem with the video , I doubt it though  ( I think  It is the GO app )  , BUT  I dont know why they would have updated the AC and RC and then not the Camera .  Most retailers of DJI  update NOTHING noramlly but made an exception for you I guess  , dont know. ( You said you did NO updating )

Are You are sending the system back to where you bought it? If so fine , Make sure they update the camera if you send to them.

You could just load the latest update again to the aircraft and MAKE BLOODY DAM SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT FIRMWARE if you try .  If you do decide to try please read my tips page and then Make sure you choose the Inspire Pro Firmware with the X5 .  This is very Important.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html

This is the page you would want for the downloads, please dont load it till you read my tips page .
http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-x5/info#downloads

Be sure to get the top right file from December 15 2016 . Inspire Pro firmware 1.10 .1.40

I am not 100% sure it will solve the video issue but the camera needs to be updated regardless  .  This last update did not say anything about the camera in the PDF ( this is where you get information on what the update is about , available on the downloads page as well )  but sometimes DJI places little things in there and dont tell the peasents ......LOL, ( i actually love dji ,just  not some of the stuff they do)

***NOTE. : Memeber  by the screen name "dargoga"  is a very humble member but he is WICKED SMART, if you ever have a question you can also ask him , be sure to reply to him directly so he knows he has a message .

last thing , sorry I ramble to much .

donnie

2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fanscb179702 Posted at 2017-2-24 06:25

Just to add onto what Donnie provided, the .BIN files have two groups of firmware 'packages'. One package is for the aircraft, the other is for the camera that's being used. The aircraft download package is the same whether you're using a X3 or X5 .BIN file, the sole difference is the camera package.

Say for instance you have both an X3 and X5 camera, and you need to update everything (AC, X3, X5 etc). If you update the aircraft using the X3 (Inspire 1 firmware), that .BIN file will update both components. When it comes time to update the X5, you'll use the Inspire 1 Pro .BIN file and it will bypass the AC, because it's already updated, and just update the X5. The same can be said vice versa, or if you have any of the other supported cameras like the X5R (Inspire 1 RAW), XT and Z3.

Just to reiterate Donnie's advice, please ensure that the aircraft is the first thing that is completely updated before updating the RC.

Hope this helps.
2017-2-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-24 11:18
Just to add onto what Donnie provided, the .BIN files have two groups of firmware 'packages'. One package is for the aircraft, the other is for the camera that's being used. The aircraft download package is the same whether you're using a X3 or X5 .BIN file, the sole difference is the camera package.

Say for instance you have both an X3 and X5 camera, and you need to update everything (AC, X3, X5 etc). If you update the aircraft using the X3 (Inspire 1 firmware), that .BIN file will update both components. When it comes time to update the X5, you'll use the Inspire 1 Pro .BIN file and it will bypass the AC, because it's already updated, and just update the X5. The same can be said vice versa, or if you have any of the other supported cameras like the X5R (Inspire 1 RAW), XT and Z3.

Slightly off topic , do you happen to Know why the compass calibration has two options, "calibrate" and "normal"  ( this is under system status on the go app ) why does  the "Calibrate"  have an elongated  circle  around it  all the time ?  It does not mean it needs calibrating so why the distinction ? another member brought this up and I often wondered this myself .

To me this is a bit odd.  Maybe you could help me understand the reasoning .

****Also I love this part below quote  in your post above  to the OP ( You just know How I feel about that , glad you are warning the members as well )
Just to reiterate Donnie's advice, please ensure that the aircraft is the first thing that is completely updated before updating the RC.

donnie

2017-2-24
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK guys, a little update, I'm not one to leave well enough alone. Had the bird at the office and ready to pack it up and ship it back, so I decided to light her up and test again, with my iPhone and a different cable. Well, believe it or not it worked perfectly, happy as a porker I brought it back home tried the iPad ...... drum roll please ......... no joy.
so I kept fiddling and fiddling and still nothin. I got a critically low warning on the AC battery so I let it almost completely run down (mind you, I had already done this) a couple of hours pass, next thing I know is I looked at the battery ...... drum roll please ....... no lights, pressed the power button, all lights on!!! charged successfully, so now I have erased and initialized the iPad deleted all apps and re installed DJIGo, soon I'll need a drum roll again, hopefully one of joy RC and AC are booted and ready........... no Joy, guess I'll have to try and get a refund for the iPad I would hate to have to eat it
2017-2-24
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-24 19:39
OK guys, a little update, I'm not one to leave well enough alone. Had the bird at the office and ready to pack it up and ship it back, so I decided to light her up and test again, with my iPhone and a different cable. Well, believe it or not it worked perfectly, happy as a porker I brought it back home tried the iPad ...... drum roll please ......... no joy.
so I kept fiddling and fiddling and still nothin. I got a critically low warning on the AC battery so I let it almost completely run down (mind you, I had already done this) a couple of hours pass, next thing I know is I looked at the battery ...... drum roll please ....... no lights, pressed the power button, all lights on!!! charged successfully, so now I have erased and initialized the iPad deleted all apps and re installed DJIGo, soon I'll need a drum roll again, hopefully one of joy RC and AC are booted and ready...........  no Joy, guess I'll have to try and get a refund for the iPad I would hate to have to eat it

Are we having fun yet? I come to find out now that the iPad 4 is not supported, yet I could have sworn when I was researching the move to the DJI when looking at supported devises I saw the iPad 4. OK so now I need to get another iPad.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-24 11:33
Slightly off topic , do you happen to Know why the compass calibration has two options, "calibrate" and "normal"  ( this is under system status on the go app ) why does  the "Calibrate"  have an elongated  circle  around it  all the time ?  It does not mean it needs calibrating so why the distinction ? another member brought this up and I often wondered this myself .

To me this is a bit odd.  Maybe you could help me understand the reasoning .

I believe it's just a visual distinction for the button, but I will double check.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-24 20:33
Are we having fun yet? I come to find out now that the iPad 4 is not supported, yet I could have sworn when I was researching the move to the DJI when looking at supported devises I saw the iPad 4. OK so now I need to get another iPad.

For iOS, the Go app requires a device with an A7 processor as the bare minimum to run properly. Perhaps you were looking at the older versions of the app, when it was still called the 'Pilot' app. Back then, it could have supported an older iPad like that.
2017-2-24
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-24 20:33

MC
The iPad mini 4 is a supported device and works just fine with the DJI Go App and the Inspire 1 V2 series of drones.  
What model number of iPad do you have? iPad 4 = iPad mini 4?  or is this a full size iPad / iPad Pro?

Anyway, you may have a bad Apple device altogether.
Rich

Mobile Device System Requirements    iOS 8.0 or later, Android 4.1.2 or later

Supported Mobile Devices

iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
This app is optimized for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.
2017-2-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-24 21:11
I believe it's just a visual distinction for the button, but I will double check.

Thanks for checking Jamie

donnie
2017-2-25
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-24 19:39
so I kept fiddling and fiddling and still nothin. I got a critically low warning on the AC battery so I let it almost completely run down (mind you, I had already done this) a couple of hours pass, next thing I know is I looked at the battery ...... drum roll please ....... no lights, pressed the power button, all lights on!!! charged successfully, so now I have erased and initialized the iPad deleted all apps and re installed DJIGo, soon I'll need a drum roll again, hopefully one of joy RC and AC are booted and ready...........  no Joy, guess I'll have to try and get a refund for the iPad I would hate to have to eat it

Ok , so battery is fine  GREAT ,  Now just get yourself a new I-pad  ( Air or Pro ). Also don't want to confuse you any more ......BUT if you get the i-Pad you might want to get the  version  that comes with GPS & cellular IF you want use  the follow Me function on the  Go App. ( bout 100 dollars more ) you don't need to have the cell activated on the I pad , It really is just the GPS that is needed but it is a combo deal .

Did you try to "Enable hardware Decode " on the I pad Mini 4 that you own ? That will sometimes be enough to get things working , and remember NO other Apps  can be running in background for best result . also make sure you have the "GO APP " installed and not the older pilot app that I think is still floating around on the apps page . You could just try to FULLY   delete and re install the Go App  as well .  It should work even if just barley

I had mentioned  ( enable hardware decode )  in a previous Novel that I wrote to you...........LOL

Personally , If you can take back the I pad Min 4 ... I WOULD . The go app may continue to take more and more power , Just spend a little more and get the best . ( I have found when making purchases ,  I never regret getting the best, but I almost always  regret getting the lower end models )

donnie

2017-2-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-2-24 23:13
MC
The iPad mini 4 is a supported device and works just fine with the DJI Go App and the Inspire 1 V2 series of drones.  
What model number of iPad do you have? iPad 4 = iPad mini 4?  or is this a full size iPad / iPad Pro?

The 'Mini" part might had been overlooked. I've seen it happen often enough.
2017-2-25
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-25 05:08
Ok , so battery is fine  GREAT ,  Now just get yourself a new I-pad  ( Air or Pro ). Also don't want to confuse you any more ......BUT if you get the i-Pad you might want to get the  version  that comes with GPS & cellular IF you want use  the follow Me function on the  Go App. ( bout 100 dollars more ) you don't need to have the cell activated on the I pad , It really is just the GPS that is needed but it is a combo deal .

We'll unfortunately spending more at this point is a bank (and back) breaker, is all I could do to go to Inspire 1, but, I have already started a return protocol for the iPad 4, still have until March 4 to ship it out within the allotted time and have ordered a refurbished iPad Air 2 32G wi-fi and cellular so I believe I have all bases covered. There will be no other apps installed that are not related to the Inspire and Osmo, probably will try one or both aftermarket (top 2) apps and might also install that I like using for editing photos. All other apps will stay on my old iPad 2, though I might just sell it to try and make up the extra expense of the Air.

I am currently charging the TB48 I got as second battery and hoping I get the proper results, if that's the case all I need is the stiletto heels to be airworthy though I might fly without camera in the meantime to make sure bird is proper.

Thanks all for your advise and help, though it will likely be the tip off the iceberg LOL, now not only do I need to get acclimated to a different bird and app, but also learn this camera as my previous camera was just not even close to the quality and or complexity of this one. I like to run my cameras in full manual and will probably be the case with this one too, so I have a lot o'Learnin to do (sounds like an Irish teacher) Thankfully I also got an Osmo handle and can practice the app and camera daily so when I'm finally up in the air it should be second nature.
2017-2-25
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-25 13:49
We'll unfortunately spending more at this point is a bank (and back) breaker, is all I could do to go to Inspire 1, but, I have already started a return protocol for the iPad 4, still have until March 4 to ship it out within the allotted time and have ordered a refurbished iPad Air 2 32G wi-fi and cellular so I believe I have all bases covered. There will be no other apps installed that are not related to the Inspire and Osmo, probably will try one or both aftermarket (top 2) apps and might also install that I like using for editing photos. All other apps will stay on my old iPad 2, though I might just sell it to try and make up the extra expense of the Air.

I am currently charging the TB48 I got as second battery and hoping I get the proper results, if that's the case all I need is the stiletto heels to be airworthy though I might fly without camera in the meantime to make sure bird is proper.

We have Battery and charger joy, both batteries charged as they should thank you very much, Donnie, where do I find the "Enable Hardware Decode"?
2017-2-25
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-25 14:04
We have Battery and charger joy, both batteries charged as they should thank you very much, Donnie, where do I find the "Enable Hardware Decode"?

OK I found it and it was enabled. I have a bit of a bad scene again though as the camera started doing the "scanning" thing on my iPhone 6, however it doesn't start right away as it does on the iPad , It will be normal for say a minute or 2 and then image freezes and iPhone re scans populating the image almost as if when the image er starts the balance of the scan lines from freeze point goes black and it has to re-populate. Now I'm again an unhappy camper. Also it keeps telling me weak video signal, but I am indoor with the AC within a hard of the RC.
2017-2-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 10:53
The 'Mini" part might had been overlooked. I've seen it happen often enough.

Yah, I did not see exactly what iPad the OP really has, he never clarified it. No matter, I know the mini 4 works perfectly with the Inspire 1, Mavic Pro P3P and P4 for a fact
Thanks Jamie
Rich
2017-2-25
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-25 13:49

Whatever you do , do not run the DJI app and say Litchi App at the same time .  I don't advise starting out with any other app but DJI as you are still so new at this . ( DJI anyway )

Did you start out with other DJI  equipment ?  You may want to re- consider and  start off with like a Phantom advance to get your feet wet and get used to the DJI system .  The Phantom will cost the same as Just the X5 camera !

****Strange you are getting a week signal to the Video ?  Are you saying the  HD Graph is showing less than 5 bars and you are inside the house ?  are you sure you are not looking at the Satellite Icon  and graph ?  If it is indeed the HD graph then it must have something to do with the I pad Mini, I think once you get the  I pad air this will go away . OR if you have a SWAMPED siganl from other wi fi in the House , be sure  test in an open area .  

If it happens again, take a picture or video with your phone and email it to me .

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie

2017-2-26
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-26 05:42
Whatever you do , do not run the DJI app and say Litchi App at the same time .  I don't advise starting out with any other app but DJI as you are still so new at this . ( DJI anyway )

Did you start out with other DJI  equipment ?  You may want to re- consider and  start off with like a Phantom advance to get your feet wet and get used to the DJI system .  The Phantom will cost the same as Just the X5 camera !

This is my first DJI, I got my drone feet wet with a Yuneec Q500 4k and yes I know it's quite different, but this whole deal is all about the camera to me, the phantom will be an additional expense that will not be an improvement on the camera so I will just have to take baby steps in my DJI education but already with the big boy, well maybe not so big. I'm already using the X5 with an Oslo handle and have grown very attached, I am quite fond of this camera though I will need another lens for some of my on the ground work and maybe also for the aerial. So if I get an interim craft you can see that expense will be hard to justify.

The video disconnect or weak  signal warning has not been seen in the HD graph, it says it on the upper left of the camera screen where the AC mode is displayed, it will flash and disappear and do it again and again without a specific pattern occasionally, it's by no means constant.

Anyway I believe I'm going down to the lot and do a little careful lo altitude flying to get used to the new controls (not much different than the Yuneec's) and see what kind of mess I make.

You know Donnie, there are some very confusing things about the DJI way. It seems to recommend a compass cal every time you turn the craft on, every single time you are going to fly and additionally that the cal never be done in a "urban" area (my interpretation not verbatim) with buildings etc around. What if I have to fly in an area such as what they do not recommend doing the cal in? Just doesn't make sense to me, the Yuneec is calibrated once in hopefully optimum conditions, lets say an open field etc, but no need to re do it unless you travel 50 miles away from original cal point. So considering the complex software and sophistication of the DJI, it seems odd it would loose cal every time you quit. I'm wondering if this is truly a necessary procedure or if it's a way for DJI to "disclaim" itself from any liability if something goes wrong. OK now I'm ranting. but I needed to express that
BTW, I have no intention of getting Litchi or any other app until I am fully up to snuff with DJI Go. I will inevitably confuse myself, I can't multitask more than one woman, much less more than one app LOL
2017-2-26
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-26 14:30
This is my first DJI, I got my drone feet wet with a Yuneec Q500 4k and yes I know it's quite different, but this whole deal is all about the camera to me, the phantom will be an additional expense that will not be an improvement on the camera so I will just have to take baby steps in my DJI education but already with the big boy, well maybe not so big. I'm already using the X5 with an Oslo handle and have grown very attached, I am quite fond of this camera though I will need another lens for some of my on the ground work and maybe also for the aerial. So if I get an interim craft you can see that expense will be hard to justify.

The video disconnect or weak  signal warning has not been seen in the HD graph, it says it on the upper left of the camera screen where the AC mode is displayed, it will flash and disappear and do it again and again without a specific pattern occasionally, it's by no means constant.

OK I'm officially impressed, this thing is an animal, I can't even imagine what the I2 is like.
She flies just fantastic, though it was pretty windy so I kept it close and just messed with it a little, every functioned well except .... it seems to want to pull left when flying straight ahead, I thought it was because the stick is so sensitive that I might have been pushing  bit in that direction, but no matter how careful I was I found myself correcting constantly and since the space where I practice is fairly narrow it kept my enjoyment down.
All that said .......I'm officially impressed, the monthly payments are not going to hurt. ..... too much
The X5 is a huge jump from where I was, however I do find the need for my ground based videography, of a wider angle lens than the DJI 15mm, besides the Oly zoom, is there a wide angle compatible lens you guys can recommend?
2017-2-26
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-26 19:39
OK I'm officially impressed, this thing is an animal, I can't even imagine what the I2 is like.
She flies just fantastic, though it was pretty windy so I kept it close and just messed with it a little, every functioned well except .... it seems to want to pull left when flying straight ahead, I thought it was because the stick is so sensitive that I might have been pushing  bit in that direction, but no matter how careful I was I found myself correcting constantly and since the space where I practice is fairly narrow it kept my enjoyment down.
All that said .......I'm officially impressed, the monthly payments are not going to hurt. ..... too much

You do not need to calibrate the compass every time, just do it once and do it well ,then calibrate  after  updates and IF the aircraft starts not flying in a straight line or you feel it is giving erouneous data.
This topic has been brought up before and the consensus for most members is to do it like I describe above.   

donnie
2017-2-27
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-27 02:52
You do not need to calibrate the compass every time, just do it once and do it well ,then calibrate  after  updates and IF the aircraft starts not flying in a straight line or you feel it is giving erouneous data.
This topic has been brought up before and the consensus for most members is to do it like I describe above.   

Thanks for clearing that up Donnie.
2017-2-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-28 18:35
Thanks for clearing that up Donnie.

Sure , Happy to help you sort things out .  

donnie
2017-3-1
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've encountered, now that I'm flying the beast, a new video issue, not to mention audio issues with the Osmo, but I will open another thread about that in the Osmo forum.

Today with moderate wind, maybe 10-15 mph at ground level, starting fine at about 100- 120 feet suddenly there is a incessant "bouncing" vertical vibration at a not too fast rate, when moving it seems to disappear, I don't know if it's related to the wind, but it is still there.  It almost feels like an old car with worn shocks. Is this anywhere close to normal behavior for the Inspire 1 Pro?
2017-3-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules