Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2? Should I pull the trigger??
1426 19 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sestaceans
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was the guy who went and bought the drone on the very first day it came out.  I had some bad luck lately starting with the Matrice600 and now The Phantom4P+ (apparently I got a bad one).  So now I'm taking a little more caution.  So my question is, should I buy THIS drone NOW or wait until it is improved through firmware or in other ways???  After the M600 fiasco, I really have no time for a half baked drone.  So any suggestions?  Is it ready to roll or should I wait a few more months?  Is the Video quality seriously that much better (I mean technically it should be right)?  Is this drone fully cooked yet?  

2017-2-22
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

You may have answered your own question there with "I really have no time for a half baked drone."  Although "half-baked", may be a little harsh, DJI are notorious for rushing out their cutting edge technology, complete with rough edges. Don't get me wrong, I am in no doubt what so ever that the new inspire will be, yet another awesome piece of kit but, as has come to be the norm, it has hit the shelves, quite possibly, still in its beta stage.
As for video quality, you should probably ask yourself, how much better do you really need? Is it going to be worth the extra money for YOU?
Personally, I am used to beta testing for DJI so the inherent teething problems associated with purchasing their latest machine, hot off the press, would not put me off but I just can't justify upgrading from the I1 just yet.
Have I answered your question? Probably not, so I'm going to say "Pull the trigger!" and let us know if you did the right thing.

Mark G.
2017-2-22
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I've had my Inspire 2 for ~2 weeks and am happy with my purchase. There are some "Coming Soon" features still pending but nothing I can't live without. There are a few bugs but no show stoppers for me. My 2-cents is to "Pull The Trigger".
2017-2-22
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-22 10:00
You may have answered your own question there with "I really have no time for a half baked drone."  Although "half-baked", may be a little harsh, DJI are notorious for rushing out their cutting edge technology, complete with rough edges. Don't get me wrong, I am in no doubt what so ever that the new inspire will be, yet another awesome piece of kit but, as has come to be the norm, it has hit the shelves, quite possibly, still in its beta stage.
As for video quality, you should probably ask yourself, how much better do you really need? Is it going to be worth the extra money for YOU?
Personally, I am used to beta testing for DJI so the inherent teething problems associated with purchasing their latest machine, hot off the press, would not put me off but I just can't justify upgrading from the I1 just yet.

Not in the mood for another rodeo,  I'll wait it out.  Thank you though buddy
2017-2-22
Use props
Drone Trilogy
lvl.1
Canada

I think the I2 is definitely worth it, especially for mid-high end clients.
2017-2-22
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beside my bad memory card and the black props tight, she flys perfect. I want a X5S and the biggest zoom lense that works but I'm on the fence what to buy. Would be cool if that had a zoom and FLIR out for it but they're so darn secretive about what's comin, I'm betting the guys who work CS have no idea...
2017-2-22
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Give it a few months more.
Still running very new FW/App versions.
2017-2-22
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

If u are rich... get it.. =)
2017-2-23
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

I absolutely love my Inspire 2. Very happy with my purchase. I'm now getting into commercial work and am going to pay this baby off in no time Just passed my part 107 exam this week.
2017-2-24
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you buy it now, you can't buy any batteries to run it.  DJI will sell you an Inspire 2 direct, but won't sell you batteries.  There are lots of people out there that own an Inspire 2 and DJI cannot supply 480 Gig SSD or batteries.  I have been waiting since Dec 29th for a 480 Gig SSD.  They show the delivery time as 25 business days (five weeks).  It is well past that and no SSD.  Wait till they supply the extras to their early adopters before you buy your Inspire 2.
2017-2-24
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2017-2-24 22:55
If you buy it now, you can't buy any batteries to run it.  DJI will sell you an Inspire 2 direct, but won't sell you batteries.  There are lots of people out there that own an Inspire 2 and DJI cannot supply 480 Gig SSD or batteries.  I have been waiting since Dec 29th for a 480 Gig SSD.  They show the delivery time as 25 business days (five weeks).  It is well past that and no SSD.  Wait till they supply the extras to their early adopters before you buy your Inspire 2.

Wait, so it doesn't come with a stock battery?  Or are you just talking an extra?
2017-2-25
Use props
Coigreach
Second Officer
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-2-25 00:34
Wait, so it doesn't come with a stock battery?  Or are you just talking an extra?

2 stock Batteries in the I2 case.
2017-2-25
Use props
userf1d95a1ea1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 448110 ft
United States

It comes stock with a pair of batteries.
2017-2-25
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

userf1d95a1ea1 Posted at 2017-2-25 02:01
It comes stock with a pair of batteries.

So what's that guy talking about?
2017-2-25
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-2-25 06:28
So what's that guy talking about?

He's saying additional batteries are in short supply, and DJI has never shown them "in-stock". I just picked some up from BHphoto this week though, so they aren't unheard of.

As far as the I2 goes....this is the best "half-baked" drone I've ever flown. It's really a joy to fly and, hopefully with future FW and features it will be even better. You can't go wrong either way. If you want to fly the best copter in it's class now...then buy one now. if you want to wait till it's perfect....then wait...although we all know how that goes.
2017-2-25
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Barry Goyette Posted at 2017-2-25 07:12
He's saying additional batteries are in short supply, and DJI has never shown them "in-stock". I just picked some up from BHphoto this week though, so they aren't unheard of.

As far as the I2 goes....this is the best "half-baked" drone I've ever flown. It's really a joy to fly and, hopefully with future FW and features it will be even better. You can't go wrong either way. If you want to fly the best copter in it's class now...then buy one now. if you want to wait till it's perfect....then wait...although we all know how that goes.

If you go to this link in the DJI online store, you will see that "Sorry, this item is currently out of stock."  You can't buy extra batteries at this time from the online store.  I was lucky and found some at a dealer.

http://store.dji.com/category/inspire-2-series?from=menu_products

If you are a professional user you need more than one set of batteries to use your Inspire 2 properly.  You also need more than one SSD.  If you are on a movie set with a million dollar per day budget, they don't like to wait around for you to recharge your one set of batteries or download your one SSD.  The unit does not come with a SSD installed.  You have to buy it separately.   DJI needs to work on their logistics.
2017-2-25
Use props
Puralist
lvl.3
United States

Had my inspire 2 for 2 weeks now and no issues or problems.

This is my first drone, I have raced RC in the past so this wasn't new for me totally. That said, I spent the first four days reading as much as possible before I sent it in the air. Now that I have a half dozen flights, very impressed with it, very stable and controlled flights.
2017-2-26
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

....  WAIT!!!
2017-2-28
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-2-22 11:45
I've had my Inspire 2 for ~2 weeks and am happy with my purchase. There are some "Coming Soon" features still pending but nothing I can't live without. There are a few bugs but no show stoppers for me. My 2-cents is to "Pull The Trigger".

Thanks for the input
2017-2-28
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank's for the suggestions everyone.
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced