iPad Pro 9.7 w/ DJI Go 4
1195 5 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

I struggle with seeing monitors in daylight as I know many do (even with hoods) but I notice for example my Samsung Galaxy S7 is actually quite good in sunlight when in auto mode for any other use except the DJI Go app....as soon as I launch the app the display brightness drops significantly. I realize a phone isn't much real estate so I've also tried the Nvidia Sheild K1 and I'm not impressed with that either. I am impatiently waiting for the 2000 nit Crystal Sky monitor but have no idea when they will launch and suspect they will be in very high demand when they do (Mavic Pro anyone?). So I just purchased and received a iPad Pro 9.7 after reading about it's displays performance in bright ambient light. I can't test it until tomorrow as it's overcast today but I'm hoping that it will better serve my needs with it's display performance and added real estate. I can tell you that it just fits in the P4 pro controller (no adapter needed).

Anyone else have any experience with the iPad Pro 9.7? Any further word on Crystal Sky's release?
2017-2-22
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Let us know how you  go on with it please ,just bought one today my self ,a 2 month old one on EE NETWORK for £300
2017-2-23
Use props
fans7c600fd6
New

United States

How'd it go?
2017-2-23
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

The added real estate definitely helps so it is an improvement over anything else I have but I'm sad to say it's just still not ideal. Glare renders the screen unviewable at times.  I did not use a hood and I assume that would help so I'll buy or fab one. I continue to eagerly await DJI's Crystal Sky options.
2017-2-24
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

I'll add that the iPad pro 9.7 is extremely thin and light weight. It's pretty much the perfect size for the Phantoms now if it was 2000 nit it would be perfect all around.
2017-2-24
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks ,hoping to give mine a try tomorrow so will add a few comments
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules