I2: Slave remote disconnects and connects continuously with Apple
1525 4 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansef1cf855
lvl.1
Flight distance : 494911 ft
Netherlands

We got our Inspire 2 yesterday, today we connnected 2 remotes. The master works fine. The slave only worked with my Android phone and not with an Ipad Mini and Iphone. It kept disconnecting and connecting. The problem is: we ordered 2 ipads.

How do we fix this?
2017-2-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If you are big time serious , I would get two apple Pro's or airs, they work perfect , return the I pad Minis, I see this all the time .  I just helped fix this exact same issue and here is what the member said below in bold .  The problem is the GO app sucks a ton of power and the more and more complicated these  sytems get with encryption , the harder the processors need to work .  
Below was the same issue with signal problem on the salve remote.

( I guess you could get two high end androids as well, but the DJI is optimized for the apple systems , trust me I have talked to DJI reps on this, and have seen test on You- tube by independents, the high end I pads always have the least amount of siganl lag or issues  )

****Yes I am an apple guy for the I pad and go app, HIgh end I pads work Perfectly  ( I hate the MAC for loading firmware and formatting SD card , does not wipe it clean )  , and not bashing android or the I pad Minis, just saying in 9 out of 10  cases where there was in issue with the video and the Mini was upgraded the problem went away .  

We have now undertaken some test with an iPad min2 and a iPad air 2.
Since upgrading from 1.8 to 1.9 and then 1.10 we where always losing live video feed so over the weekend we replaced our iPad mini 2s with iPad air  (same price or maybe a little more as a iPad mini 4 )
(bit faster and a bigger screen) we now have a good feed on both controllers,mode.

This above is post #24 from this thread below , some editing but did not change the message

http://forum.dji.com/thread-80987-1-1.html
You friendly neighborhood  .....donnie man

2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are the iPad's just Minis, or are they newer (Mini 2 and above)?
2017-2-24
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Forget about using a Samsung note 4, locked up video as both a master and slave.  Using a iPad mini 2 as the master.  Change the instruction manual as it lists note 4 as compatible.  
2017-2-24
Use props
Dronos ApS
New
Flight distance : 27177402 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have the same problem. I have tried Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, S6 +, Galaxy tab S2 9,7 Galaxy note 12.2 Pro. The slave keeps disconnecting. What to do?
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules