2784 12 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken448
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1024852 ft
United States

Hi,

My Osmo is drifting off center.  I generally use it to record my daughters competetive cheer team so I am stationary.  However, I have slightly pan every 20-30 seconds because it drifts a bit.  Is there a fix?
Software v 1.8.2.40 if it helps.  

2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ken, would you please upload a video here showing the issue you described? thanks.
2017-2-23
Use props
Ken448
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-23 04:26
Ken, would you please upload a video here showing the issue you described? thanks.

2017-2-23
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Seems it can't hold its center. Well, at least your horizon is straight! That's a major issue for me.
2017-2-23
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Wow!! Those kids have got talent!! You should be very proud Ken, despite the Osmo issues!!  
2017-2-23
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Ken, Osmo is meant to stabilize camera shake and smooth out movement while the Osmo is in motion. Unfortunately gimbal based video cameras drift slightly. A traditional video camera on a tripod is better suited for the cheerleading scenario.
2017-2-23
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Does it still drift when you lock the gimbal x/y orientation via the app?
2017-2-23
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

wow.. nice performance.. thumb up.  and nice shot.. if it was centre. hope u have is solve very soon,,
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, I see a slight movement of the camera, which is normal.  If you want to shoot still videos, you can put the Osmo on a tripod and lock the gimbal of Osmo.   
2017-2-23
Use props
fans94ff69bf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-23 23:59
Hi, I see a slight movement of the camera, which is normal.  If you want to shoot still videos, you can put the Osmo on a tripod and lock the gimbal of Osmo.

Thanks for giving us this idea, however, I tried it, and once you lock the gimbal, the osmo just persistently beeps at you.  There is no way to make it stop beeping until you UNLOCK the gimbal.  How do you lock it and prevent the beeping sound?
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans94ff69bf Posted at 2017-2-24 20:16
Thanks for giving us this idea, however, I tried it, and once you lock the gimbal, the osmo just persistently beeps at you.  There is no way to make it stop beeping until you UNLOCK the gimbal.  How do you lock it and prevent the beeping sound?

You can't... it will keep beeping, unfortunately.
2017-2-25
Use props
Ken448
lvl.1
United States

The beeping would ruin the vids Im trying to take.  
Thanks all, We are proud of our girls!!   But the Osmo...  not so much.  Tried it again today after a gimbal cal, and it almost seemed worse!   
2017-2-25
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

Good luck Ken, as you can see DJI will try to look like they're helping but in actuality set you up.

He said on his first post to put on tripod and lock the gimbal to "fix" this of center issue. Then 2 post later says that you can't fix the beeping, that he caused you to do to fix off center problem. Then why suggest that at all when  you know there's going to be beeping.....when people are recording.  DJI hasn't been much help. They're just a front to take the complaining customers and provide no actually support. I've been back and forth with them for days now. I just bought my unit less than weeks and I'm having TILTING Issues and audio issues. Their resolution is for me to send it in to get it replaced by a "non-new", i suppose refurbished unit, as they keep arguing that it's policy. What was a big problem to me, just like how he said to your gimbal is, "Hi, I see a slight movement of the camera, which is normal. " How is a marketed stabilized still camera or video camera suppose to be normal to have slight movement? It doesn't make sense, customer support doesn't make sense, and DJI doesn't make sense. Good luck though! Just don't hold your breath.
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules