Is everyone getting constant "strong interference" warning?
12Next >
9062 42 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goblues38us
New

United States

DJI GO ........v3.1.5
P3S ............v1.2.40

Every location I fly, empty field, park, or neighborhood....i get constant "strong interference" warning.  It will not go away.

Is it just me?
2017-2-22
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Don't turn on your drone near any large metal items, like in the bed of a pickup truck or on platforms with metal frames. I've found these sorts of things lead to that warning.
2017-2-22
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Constant in built up and semi rural areas, I just ignore it and don't fly too far but it is very very annoying flashing across the screen literally 100's of time on a short 5 minute flight. My eyes have learnt to dismiss it now. Wish DJI would reduce the sensitivity or only allow it to flash once every minute or so.
2017-2-22
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-2-22 19:12
Don't turn on your drone near any large metal items, like in the bed of a pickup truck or on platforms with metal frames. I've found these sorts of things lead to that warning.

As the OP said it happens in open fields, parks etc. that's unlikely to be the issue
2017-2-23
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Dave P Posted at 2017-2-23 01:10
As the OP said it happens in open fields, parks etc. that's unlikely to be the issue

No, not necessarily. If you turn on your drone in the tailgate of a truck, for example, you will get a strong interference message. The same will happen if power on where there is metal, like observation platforms with metal frames or concrete with rebar under it. How many people will drive to remote areas and use the tailgate of their trucks or roofs of their cars to set things up? How many will use an observation platform overlooking a nice valley (as I did and wondered why I was getting the warning)? I don't claim to know what particular issue the OP is having, but you shouldn't assume you're away from metal interference just because you're outside the city.

2017-2-23
Use props
Fistel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491158 ft
Germany

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-2-23 01:37
No, not necessarily. If you turn on your drone in the tailgate of a truck, for example, you will get a strong interference message. The same will happen if power on where there is metal, like observation platforms with metal frames or concrete with rebar under it. How many people will drive to remote areas and use the tailgate of their trucks or roofs of their cars to set things up? How many will use an observation platform overlooking a nice valley (as I did and wondered why I was getting the warning)? I don't claim to know what particular issue the OP is having, but you shouldn't assume you're away from metal interference just because you're outside the city.

I bought mine end november ´16. Did about 20 flights up till now (weather is not too good), and I get this message permanently! Really a lot in just in flight. At first I thought something is not okay with the bird. But now, after some flights, I just ignore them. Last saturday; flew 300 meters away / 90 meters high. The annoying message, but the P3s behaved really fine.

And it doesn´t matter where I start up. It comes up every time.
2017-2-23
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

Never use to get them warning until the new update.
Even in areas without cell reception at all, power wires or whatever else.. Nothing but a open meadow and miles of nothing.
Yeah so unless its picking up the keys in my pocket.. Nothing can be interfering other then lousy software and hyper sensitive UI .
2017-2-23
Use props
WayOutWoodPond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62867 ft
United Kingdom

Same here - I fly with a friend who has a Phantom 2 and is using very old software and firmware - he has no issues at all.
2017-2-23
Use props
Fistel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491158 ft
Germany

fansf274e658 Posted at 2017-2-23 03:12
Even in areas without cell reception at all, power wires or whatever else.. Nothing but a open meadow and miles of nothing.
Yeah so unless its picking up the keys in my pocket.. Nothing can be interfering other then lousy software and hyper sensitive UI .

Which update do you mean? Firmware or app?
2017-2-23
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get this on iOS with the latest DJI go app. It's a bug.  Look at your logs and you'll see that your signal is fine, but still have a notification of strong interference about every second.  
2017-2-23
Use props
fans22aa3cea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

I got mine in April last year.

Since then I've always been flying in the same three/four spots. Never had that kind of warning, then suddenly they appeared and never went away. What changed, aside from firmware and DJI Go App versions?

Am I really biased if I think DJI wanted the possibility to leverage this messages warnings in sight of possible damages and repair requests? Let's be frank: either the earlier apps and firmware were very bad, or the latest versions are a little too alarming
2017-2-23
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

I have gotten that indication a lot now since i updated the firmware (a few days ago). I am ignoring it and haven't had any issues
2017-2-23
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

I'll get it while it's on the ground but clears up once it's taken off.
2017-2-23
Use props
Freebird 5
lvl.1
United States

Yes Im getting it too. My aircraft is almost worthless right now between that and the choppy, unrecordable video at any range.  Another problem is that they do not have a link to DL current firmware on the site. Im running a P3 4K now but previously was running a P3S and never a "strong interference" message then, or any choppy video feed unless I was pushing the range limits... very unhappy.  Anyone else?
2017-2-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The Phantom Standard is very susceptible to radio interference, and is the major reason why the Advanced or Pro is recommened. It suffers from interference from every household WiFi system, garage remote, baby monitor, R/C toy, and literally thousands of other items. You will always get this interference in a suburban location, and the only way to avoid it is to get out in the countryside away from civilisation.
2017-2-23
Use props
chainmon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

funny I saw it twice flying from the same spot 2 and 3 days ago. I flew from a different spot today and did not get the warning.
2017-2-23
Use props
Spappy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28107 ft
United States

I'm with the consensus that the latest update did something funky to the sensitivity of the drone.  I've had mine for a couple months now, live in a newer neighborhood (lots 'o' houses) and used to be able to fly well over 1000' away at 100-200' up with no issues.  Now, it doesn't matter if I'm at home or out in the middle of BFE, as soon as the drone gets more than a couple hundred feet away, it starts jerking, sputtering, and stammering, apparently from every time it picks up "interference".  HMMMMM......  Never had this problem with 1.7.  Now with 1.8 all of a sudden there's magical interference everywhere?  I even tried downgrading to 1.7, and mystically I got errors and malfunctions up the wazoo!   HMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........   Nope, definitely not a problem with the upgrade!
2017-2-23
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-23 16:14
The Phantom Standard is very susceptible to radio interference, and is the major reason why the Advanced or Pro is recommened. It suffers from interference from every household WiFi system, garage remote, baby monitor, R/C toy, and literally thousands of other items. You will always get this interference in a suburban location, and the only way to avoid it is to get out in the countryside away from civilisation.

Nah.  I have flown deep into rural areas and still get the interference message once per second.  I've posted logs of the areas.  This is a software bug, in all likelihood setting the threshold for notification to low.  
2017-2-23
Use props
gbmarsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75692 ft
Canada

Porktree Posted at 2017-2-23 19:54
Nah.  I have flown deep into rural areas and still get the interference message once per second.  I've posted logs of the areas.  This is a software bug, in all likelihood setting the threshold for notification to low.

This^^ I think this might be only an issue for IOS. Anyone having this issue with the latest android app and latest firmware? I live and fly in a pretty rural area but everybody and his dog around here has wifi security cameras and system monitors on their poultry barns, greenhouses and irrigation systems.
All of these systems and mine and my neighbors home wifi routers show up on my tablet when I go out back to fly but I still get good signal strength with no warnings on my stock P3S. I've flown both of my birds out to 800 meters+ in this environment.
2017-2-23
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

i got 390 messages on my last flight of 17 minutes.  i am thinking about switching to Litchi.  I hear the app is flawless when it comes to interference messages.
2017-2-23
Use props
goblues38us
New

United States

thanks everyone.  IOS for me, and it did start with the latest update.
2017-2-23
Use props
Joe VP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35453 ft
United States

I get this all the time.  Bought my P3S in November 2016.  Flew fine at several locations using my LG Droid phone.  I could fly till both my batteries were drained.

Then around Jan. 15, 2017 got software and FW upgrade and has not flown right since.  Tried all the same locations plus some new one.  Now I can fly for more than a minute or two and it start getting strong interference, weak signal, signal loss and RTH.  Even if I get signal back and try to turn the craft around it losses it again.  after a couple minutes it totally gone and starts to auto land.  

I have tried every suggestion the this forum.  FW\software combo.  Uninstall\Reinstall combo.  Nothing works.  I even borrowed a Ipad Mini from work hoping that would help.  I am so disappointed with this device.  I keep hoping DJI will release a fix but nothing yet has worked for me.  I just want it back to the way it was when I bought it.

Everyone keeps saying try a different location try a different device.  Well I have a device that worked fine 3 months ago.  I have a Ipad this is a preferred device.  So no help there.  I have tried several remote locations and locations that were fine before.  Where am I suppose to fly this thing in the middle of the ocean with no other boat is site??
2017-2-24
Use props
cptmajestic1
lvl.1

United States

Definitely has something to do with the latest firmware update, before the update I flew in this rural spot by the house and never received one, now after the update I get them constantly. It really sucks that DJI hasn't addressed this, there's enough threads about it.
2017-4-20
Use props
rausda27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36926 ft
United States

Its DJI's way to not cover hull loss do to non-user failure.  If the drone falls out of the sky for some unexplainable reason, they can review the logs and say that the interference was the cause..warranty replacement denied!
2017-4-25
Use props
fans727218f7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11004 ft
United States

I've been having this issue lately in places I never had them before or after the latest update.  I have also been having the satelite signal drop off suddenly, even when the radio and wifi were still good.
2017-5-8
Use props
fans727218f7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11004 ft
United States

Funny.  I updated shortly after it came out.  I flew in a couple places with no or few warnings. Now I get them constantly.  And my satellite drops off mid flight now too.
2017-5-9
Use props
desertcat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171 ft
United States

fans727218f7 Posted at 2017-5-9 05:22
Funny.  I updated shortly after it came out.  I flew in a couple places with no or few warnings. Now I get them constantly.  And my satellite drops off mid flight now too.

Haha, with all the problems on the P3S lately, seems like DJI wants you to buy a Mavic lol.
2017-5-9
Use props
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

Make sure your iPad/iPhone wifi is turned off, this causes the GO app to give an interference flag on my P4, the same may apply here.
2017-5-9
Use props
desertcat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171 ft
United States

fester Posted at 2017-5-9 09:32
Make sure your iPad/iPhone wifi is turned off, this causes the GO app to give an interference flag on my P4, the same may apply here.

How do you turn off wifi and still connect to the P3S, which uses wifi to connect?
2017-5-9
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

desertcat Posted at 2017-5-9 10:09
How do you turn off wifi and still connect to the P3S, which uses wifi to connect?

Therein lies the rub for the P3S.
2017-5-9
Use props
Padster8543
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162208 ft
United Kingdom

Porktree Posted at 2017-2-23 07:24
I get this on iOS with the latest DJI go app. It's a bug.  Look at your logs and you'll see that your signal is fine, but still have a notification of strong interference about every second.

I have just got my P3S back after a free rebuild due to an end internal fault and started using my iPad Air and I continually get the strong interference messages.  I then changed to my Samsung Note 5 and not a single blip.

I have just downloaded the files from Airdata and there is no message in either of the flight data summaries, however, the messages are there in the csv downloads for the iPad flight.  

Very strange and disconcerting!  

2017-5-31
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

Unfortunately Wifi interferes with transmissions too.  Even if you are in an open field but there is major housing in the area, just think how many of those households have wifi.
Hundreds.
2017-6-1
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Very rare ... in fact I cannot remember last warning ...........

I even start up next to my van and no warnings.

Go 3.1.5
FW 1.8.10
or latest Litchi ....

Only time I can remember a warning was when I powered up on my concrete slabs down by my pontoon on the river ... the rebar in the concrete obviously triggered compass error.

To be honest I am amazed at the amount of warnings some people get ... I wonder where you guys are trying to fly !

Nigel
2017-6-1
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Here is a video that about halfway through - I actually video very close to my van / tractor etc. and have NO warnings at all ......

Nigel
2017-6-1
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-2-22 19:12

Watch this then ....

Nigel
2017-6-1
Use props
Sniip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3914 ft

Lithuania

As I bought used phantom 3 standard I had a lot of these error which made the drone loose GPS signal aswell. I did compass calibration twice and never had the problem ever since.
2017-6-1
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

I get strong interference warnings every time I start up, along with poor radio quality warnings. But after take off, I have no problems within a reasonable range. And no, there are no large metal objects nearby when I start up.
2017-6-1
Use props
fans29e0f9d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162884 ft
United States

fansf274e658 Posted at 2017-2-23 03:12

I agree with you about the update. I never had this warning before, but now I pretty much get it everywhere.
2017-6-1
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

I feel that the latest update made the system more conservative, dishing out notifications from the slightest imperfection. False-positives can be helpful at times but can also become a case of the boy who cried wolf.

The danger with having too much false-positives is that pilots may realize that even with the so called errors flashing across the screen, they can fly their aircraft just fine. The pilot could be pre-conditioned to ignore the errors until an actual hazard exists.
2017-6-1
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I used to get them ALL the time on the last GO app version but since I've updated I haven't hardly seen any. I am still however on the old Firmware. 1.7.9. I fly in the country and use an IPad Pro.
2017-6-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules