Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Have P3Pro, want access to GPS info
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans55ae5496
Captain

United States

Hello and thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

My equipment is as follows:

Phantom 3 Pro with Aircraft SW version 1.5.30+ (or sometimes is indicates 1.6.40) not sure why this varies
Remote Controller with version 1.5.70
ipad mini 2 running IOS 8.4 with version 2.8.2 of the DJI Go App

Yes, much of that software is far from up to date. Reason is, it works.

I have wasted weeks of my life over the past couple years trying to undo the damage caused by upgrading firmware when DJI suggests I do so. Not anymore.

So now here is what I really want to do. And I want to be able to do it without uploading any of MY data to any website. I want to be able to this using my computer on my desk and my DJI HW/SW that I have spent a lot of time and money on.

1) How do I get the GPS information recorded from a flight that shows where the camera was flown and import it into Google Earth?
         Just like I do with my Garmin GPS on my mac with the app "Load my tracks"

2) How do I drop a pin over an object of interest that the camera is hovering over so that when I do the data import explained in 1 above, I will see where the object marked with the pin I dropped is?

3) How do I preload accurate photo - maps of the area to be flown into my ipad while at my house, so that when I am out in the bush, far from any wifi, I can see the map on my ipad?

4) How do I create a movie of the footage recorded during a flight that has the small window in the lower corner showing the track?

I do not want to send my data over the net to some website that who knows who is running, or observing to get solutions to what I am after.

If you have some useful info, please share.

If you simply want to tell me how to upload my data to some website, or that I am a fool for wanting to do what I ask, please save your and my time and stop yourself.

Thanks for reading and for any ideas you may have to help.

2017-2-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The answer is actually quite simple. You obtain the DJI SDK and write your own software to perform these functions, because none of the existing ones do items 1, 2 and 4.

Item 3 is pre-loading or caching the maps, which you can do before you fly using your iPad. It is described on this forum in many places.

2017-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1.  Drop a little of the excess paranoia and go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Click on the Download KML link it shows under the map window and you have exactly what you want.

2.  Every photo you take has the GPS location of the camera stored in the exif data.
When you want to record the location of a point of interest, hover over it and shoot a pic looking straight down.
Look at the exif data for the photo and you will find the location.

3.  Search the forum for CACHE.  There are forum posts every week telling how to cache maps to your tablet

2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules