Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Voltage Crash - Camera Replacement Help?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkoiSirius
lvl.1

United States

Was attempting to fly one of the crazy full dams here in California today near Winters and it ended up being WAY too windy.  I literally started grounding my girl once she was in the air.

That said, I was landing her, she's about a foot off the ground, and I get a Battery Voltage Error, and she drops, bounces a few times, and then falls to the side, rotors still spinning.  Rotors amazingly seem fine, but when I turn her on now the camera gets jittery after about 30 seconds.  Obviously this is a bad sign.

Where do I go from here?  Talk to DJI about it?  Take it to a shop?  Just order a replacement camera/gimbal?

Any info is appreciated.  Thanks.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, may I know how long you owned it?
I do suggest you to send it in for evaluation, you can submit a case and apply for pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-23
Use props
SkoiSirius
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-23 00:25
Sorry to hear about that, may I know how long you owned it?
I do suggest you to send it in for evaluation, you can submit a case and apply for pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

Jane was purchased November 2015.

Sending it in seems like a hassle.  Probably takes a while does it not?  Is it sent back to China or somewhere Stateside?

Thanks!
2017-2-23
Use props
digdat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

SkoiSirius Posted at 2017-2-23 12:17

Sending it in seems like a hassle.  Probably takes a while does it not?  Is it sent back to China or somewhere Stateside?

they have repair centers in California.
2017-2-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

There are lots of You-tube videos on your cameral and gimbal. Check the ribbon cables up under the mounting plate. sometimes they can get knocked loose. Pull them out and re-seat them. I would think at least you could do a re-calibration of everything since it took a tumble. May not help but it is worth a try and doesn't cost you anything but your time.
I think it is sad, that the only support that is given most of the time is to "Send it in for repair or evaluation". I should point out I am referring to the DJI team. I understand that they cannot diagnose a lot of problems without further investigation, but it seems many times we get the same response.
I emailed DJI for some parts to repair a broken gimbal yaw arm and ribbon cable, and a replacement shell for my P3A, (I already have it apart for some cracks in the shell that they all seem to get, and I messed up and hit a tree limb and my gimbal arm broke off tearing the ribbon cable too)...and the response I got back was they wouldn't sell me any parts and recommended sending my Phantom in for repair. I bought what I needed from Amazon, had it in 2-days and back in the air. I mean, if you are willing, and take your time, these aren't that hard to repair. I'm not talking about some malfunctioning board or something like that, but you can just about buy whatever you can imagine on either Ebay or Amazon. I'm like you, I don't want to send mine in if I don't have too. I do understand that there are those who don't feel comfortable doing either. To each there own. It seems if it still works but has some minor issues, you might be able to correct your issue yourself. Good luck to you.
2017-2-23
Use props
DadDog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2907 ft
United States

Sorry about the crash. I'm down the road from you in Rio Vista.
Lots of personal drone videos are making the evening news around here with all the flooding.

There's a repair center in Los Angeles.
I sent my controller in early Dec 2015. The turn around time was 13 days from the time I shipped it, to the time I received it back.
But that was Dec 2015 when there wasn't as many drones out there.

I got my first voltage warning a couple months ago while in the climb. Once I hovered, it went away.
How windy was it?
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You can get it repaired in US service center, while since it's purchased in Nov 2015, it's out of the warranty period, then you need pay for the repair.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules