Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GO 4.0.3 WOW! :)
3672 30 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Gotta say, great job DJI peoples!  The newest iteration of the DJI GO 4 for Android includes so many things we've asked for:  focus peaking, Continuous AF, and fine tuning of Cinematic Mode just like iOS.  This is good stuff & the focus peaking has been simplified, as well.  

I do notice that my camera doesn't focus as perfectly as if I MF.  Is there a way to calibrate the focus?  I've tried the Reset Camera Settings, of course.  

Anyone wanna explain the sliders for adjusting Cinematic Mode?  
2017-2-22
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154423 ft
United States

Yup, it still crashes after 8-10 minutes on my Nvidia k1.

2017-2-22
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

Bullseye Posted at 2017-2-22 23:16

It's also not one of the phones DJI has approved
2017-2-23
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

So far no battery drain! We'll see during the day!
2017-2-23
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Are you on Android 7?
I'm thinking of getting it for my mavic, as i've been reading some good stories about it. But none of those good stories was with Android 7
2017-2-23
Use props
K4Unl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Let's not forget they fixed Facebook Live support!
2017-2-23
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

Can confirm, the battery drain bug is still there...
2017-2-23
Use props
MacIak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

K4Unl Posted at 2017-2-23 00:54
Let's not forget they fixed Facebook Live support!

Dammit! Spy monkeys still in there.
2017-2-23
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

What battery drain bug?
2017-2-23
Use props
Luchian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6706 ft
Romania

I'm using on Google Pixel XL and without error that i get first time i open: "DJI GO 4 does not support the current Display size setting and may behave unexpectedly", it's run without any problems
2017-2-23
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I just took it out to fly one battery... The focus peaking will come in handy, I'm sure.

I didn't try playing with the cinematic mode settings, but I'm sure they will come in handy, too.

I can't say I'm happy about C-AF, though. I was actually quite happy with the previous setup. I don't like my camera to be automatically refocusing periodically, especially the way the Mavic's camera hunts for focus. I can understand some people might prefer C-AF, or might want it for some situations. I'd be much happier if we were able to choose between C-AF, S-AF, and MF. But right now it seems I can only choose between C-AF or MF. I admittedly didn't spend a whole lot of time digging through the settings to see if there's another option, so if I'm wrong, I'd love to know how to enable S-AF again. I reverted to MF for this flight.
2017-2-23
Use props
Frits48
First Officer
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

With the latest update, we now have exactly that (AF-C, AF-S or MF)  - love it!
2017-2-23
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still no Art Mode for Android, why on earth leave out that popular option again?
AFC is just something more to turn off if you don't want it shifting in and out during recording
2017-2-23
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Philippines

Frits48 Posted at 2017-2-23 03:54
With the latest update, we now have exactly that (AF-C, AF-S or MF)  - love it!

How do I select AF-S? I could only see the AFC/MF toggle in the top right of my screen. Or is it the green square to the left of that? I didn't try hitting that green square.

Mavic AFC.jpg
2017-2-23
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

well heck, is there anyway we can roll back our Shields to 6.0?
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-23
Use props
Albatros24
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

@Jason Lane : In ... menu you can set/reset AFC
2017-2-23
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Loudy Posted at 2017-2-23 01:55
What battery drain bug?

On most android phone,  several GO 4  processes start  when the phone boots and tries to download HERE maps for your location(s) and constantly exchanges other information with cloud servers.  If it doesn't start on boot, it will persist after you start GO 4 for a flight.
2017-2-23
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Philippines

Albatros24 Posted at 2017-2-23 05:10
@Jason Lane : In ... menu you can set/reset AFC

Aha! Found it in the Camera settings. Thanks.

Mavic AFC.jpg
2017-2-23
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

What is AF-S?I assume you can still let it focus on infinity and then switch to MF to avoid constant focus hunting etc?
2017-2-23
Use props
bunny too
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-23 06:16
What is AF-S?I assume you can still let it focus on infinity and then switch to MF to avoid constant focus hunting etc?

Yes, I believe that is correct.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-23
Use props
Frits48
First Officer
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

No need anymore.
If you select AF-C in the menu, then you have AF-C/MF in camera settings. Then AF is frequent and shows hunting in your videos.

If you de-select AF-C in the menu, the you have AF/MF in camera settings. Then the camera autofocuses only when you select a focus point on the monitor.

This is perfect now and the way it always should have been.
2017-2-23
Use props
SupraLB
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

Excellent, finally Facebook livestream is back for android.
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

Yes & this isn't new, but you can tap the symbol for infinity or the rabbit and it will take you directly to that focus threshold point.

AF-S is the "old way" everyone knew about (tap to focus).  AF-C focuses a few seconds after the Mavic has stabilized.  I only notice that it does this when NOT recording.  Once 4k30 video is recording, it doesn't focus again.  I tested 2 batteries worth today.  The image quality from the Mavic is now amazing with all of these updates the past few days (also using Polar Pro Vivid ND/PL filters).  

So it's still handy, in that it's always gonna be in-focus when you're ready to record video or snap a pic.  I did that, as well.  Stop recording (hands off sticks BTW)... Mavic focuses right after that...  I hit the shutter button with right index finger & it takes a RAW (with AUTO since I had AUTO for video setup)...  It focused again about 5-10 seconds later while I went back into a menu...  Started another video recording by pressing the record button with left index finger and it was already in-focus...  HANDY!  
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

OK, here's my take on how the adjustments function...

Cinematic Mode sliders:

Gain:  How much of the braking effect is negated
Course angular velocity range:  How much distance you're allowing until halted.  The brakes are still applied, but really light so that it glides a bit farther.  

I've got it so the Mavic glides enough so that you see no gimbal upset in the footage.  And I've got it so that it feels like a slider...  VERY fluid!  Love it!

2017-2-23
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.3
United States

K4Unl Posted at 2017-2-23 00:53
Are you on Android 7?
I'm thinking of getting it for my mavic, as i've been reading some good stories about it. But none of those good stories was with Android 7

Yes, got the Nougat update and 4.0.2 update in same day.
What a mistake!  Everything was working fine before the updates.
Now, app crashes at least once per battery.
Just watching previous flight records crashes the DJI Go 4 app.

I went through 3 batteries today running Litchi with zero problems
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

Bullseye Posted at 2017-2-23 17:58
Yes, got the Nougat update and 4.0.2 update in same day.
What a mistake!  Everything was working fine before the updates.
Now, app crashes at least once per battery.

App crashing is Nougat.  ART (Android Runtime) has seen a big revamp in Nougat.  It's now a hybrid AOT/JIT.  Perhaps an uninstall, reboot, reinstall of GO 4 will help.  No matter the case, GO now needs to be optimized for Nougat, which takes time, money, and patience.  It's best to not upgrade an OS too quickly because of issues with software.

The flight records issue seems to only occur on old flights prior to you updating.  Any new flights made can be reviewed fine.  Even old flights can be reviewed intermittently after clearing the local cached records & re-syncing.  

**  I just replaced my Note 5 with another Note 5.  I can now view all 87 Mavic flight records with no app crashes upon tapping a record.  Perhaps the completely fresh install (since it's a new phone) makes the difference.  The old version must leave behind some remnants of whatever.
2017-2-23
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.3
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-2-23 05:07
well heck, is there anyway we can roll back our Shields to 6.0?
Regards,
-d.

I believe you can roll back.  That is about the only thing I haven't tried.  
2017-2-23
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.3
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-23 18:13
App crashing is Nougat.  ART (Android Runtime) has seen a big revamp in Nougat.  It's now a hybrid AOT/JIT.  Perhaps an uninstall, reboot, reinstall of GO 4 will help.  No matter the case, GO now needs to be optimized for Nougat, which takes time, money, and patience.  It's best to not upgrade an OS too quickly because of issues with software.

The flight records issue seems to only occur on old flights prior to you updating.  Any new flights made can be reviewed fine.  Even old flights can be reviewed intermittently after clearing the local cached records & re-syncing.  

It seems to be working for some people and not others.
Did a factory reset, re-installed, killed other apps, ...
The flight record is new, from after the updates.
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

Bullseye Posted at 2017-2-23 18:46
It seems to be working for some people and not others.
Did a factory reset, re-installed, killed other apps, ...
The flight record is new, from after the updates.

Not all Nougats are the same.  Android 7 will be different on any phone.  A Samsung Note 5 will be different from an S6 or S7 or an HTC product running 7.  Each manufacturer & each model gets its own uniqueness, which is clearly (but not surprisingly) affecting phones.  The app will catch up, but some apps take longer than other big apps.
2017-2-23
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Issue: I couldn't get the red outlines to appear with FOCUS PEAKING on Samsung S7 Edge.
Latest firmware and DJI GO 4.0.3.

Fix: Uninstall DJI GO app and reinstall. Focus peaking is now working.
2017-2-26
Use props
armoredsaint
lvl.1
United States

my iphone 6+ is a slow POS, surprisingly it hasn't crashed yet...
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules