Follow the road
688 2 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
limafilho
lvl.1

Brazil

[size=14.6667px]Hi guys...

[size=14.6667px]I have some jobs that require the drone to fly following a road automatically with waypoints previously made in Google Earth. I tested the DJI GS PRO as soon as it was released. But I do not think that works for me. Well, the drone stops at every waypoint. On a road that has many curves the flight logistics is totally compromised, because the drone will have many stops and starts.

[size=14.6667px]I tested Autopilot. At first it is even good to follow a road. You can import the kmz made in Google Earth directly into the app. But there must be some difference in the map used in Autopilot in relation to Google Earth coordinates. Because when the file is imported into the app, the line drawn differs from what you did.

[size=14.6667px]I just need the drone to follow the line of the road with the camera pointed straight down, vertically relative to the road axis. Could any other application do this? Some help?

[size=14.6667px]thank you.
2017-2-23
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why do the waypoints have to be made in Earth?  What's wrong with using the map in Autopilot or is this inaccurate too?
2017-2-23
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

You could try Litchi. In Litchi you can import KML files, worth a look.

Mark G.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules