2715 22 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is another thread for Nvidia Shield K1 Nougat problems and I was wondering if these crashes might be specific to the hardware or if it might be an issue with the updated o.s. Any one with a DJI Approved device running the new Android 7 having DJI Go 4 app crashes after updating?

2017-2-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nougat???? it's toooo GOUWEEEE... Chocolate works fine..
2017-2-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I had trouble with V7 nougat too on my shield. It was not working as it had with both Litchi and DJI Go app. I ended up rolling it back to V6.0 and all is good again. I was hesitant because, I had just bought my new Shield and it asked for the update right out of the gate, and so I did it. I say this because I had been using an older Shield for over a year, and I gave it to my son who also has a P3A. It always worked perfect for me. Anyway, reluctant that I would maybe void my warranty, I put the previous version on it. I actually thought I could do a factory reset and tried it, but it came back up a V7.0, so the update over-wrote the original image file that it came with. It is not hard to do, and if you have never done it, there are many vidoes on how to. Just make sure you follow the steps to the tee, and make sure you get the right image file off of the Nvidia Developer's Download site. Then make sure you turn off "Automatic Updates" so it doesn't prompt you again. Good luck. I really think going back to either V5.0 or 6.0 android will fix your problems.
2017-2-23
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

well its downloading as i type, for galaxy s7 ill let ya'll know
2017-2-23
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-23 12:53
I had trouble with V7 nougat too on my shield. It was not working as it had with both Litchi and DJI Go app. I ended up rolling it back to V6.0 and all is good again. I was hesitant because, I had just bought my new Shield and it asked for the update right out of the gate, and so I did it. I say this because I had been using an older Shield for over a year, and I gave it to my son who also has a P3A. It always worked perfect for me. Anyway, reluctant that I would maybe void my warranty, I put the previous version on it. I actually thought I could do a factory reset and tried it, but it came back up a V7.0, so the update over-wrote the original image file that it came with. It is not hard to do, and if you have never done it, there are many vidoes on how to. Just make sure you follow the steps to the tee, and make sure you get the right image file off of the Nvidia Developer's Download site. Then make sure you turn off "Automatic Updates" so it doesn't prompt you again. Good luck. I really think going back to either V5.0 or 6.0 android will fix your problems.

Same story for me. OP is wondering though if this is a combination Nougat/K1/DJI Go 4 issue or if it's affecting other Android devices with Nougat too.
2017-2-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-2-23 12:59
Same story for me. OP is wondering though if this is a combination Nougat/K1/DJI Go 4 issue or if it's affecting other Android devices with Nougat too.

Good point, I kind of went off down a path there. It will be interesting though to see if others do respond that have other android devices other than the K1. Good catch.
2017-2-23
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-23 13:03
Good point, I kind of went off down a path there. It will be interesting though to see if others do respond that have other android devices other than the K1. Good catch.

This is true! I'm fine with staying on Android 6 so far though, so if it's a Nougat-wide issue, I'll be ok.
2017-2-23
Use props
Cobani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its not a K1 issue, its a Nougat issue. Nexus 6P its a smartphone approved by DJI and when the Nougat update was installed, I have the same problems that many people says here.
2017-2-24
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cobani Posted at 2017-2-24 07:09
Its not a K1 issue, its a Nougat issue. Nexus 6P its a smartphone approved by DJI and when the Nougat update was installed, I have the same problems that many people says here.

Very Interesting indeed. This coupled with the fact that my Shield operated correctly for so long before the upgrade convinces me for sure. Now what...?
2017-2-24
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

Pauxier Posted at 2017-2-24 08:31
Very Interesting indeed. This coupled with the fact that my Shield operated correctly for so long before the upgrade convinces me for sure. Now what...?

Wait it out for DJI to fix it, or void the tablet warranty and roll it back. Very unfortunate. I don't blame DJI as they likely never got to try out Nougat before it was released and vise versa with Android. Who knows how long it will take for a fix. I swear I will never jump on another update on anything for at least 2 weeks to see if there are issues reported. Lesson learned.
2017-2-24
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cobani Posted at 2017-2-24 07:09

Thanks for confirming this is an issue with other devices running Nougat.
2017-2-24
Use props
fansa954d030
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167648 ft
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-23 12:53

Hi richardo,is there any chance you could point me in the direction of the guide you used for downgrading as im also having big problems with nougat on both apps?

Thanks very much
2017-3-2
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I absolutely began getting app crashes with DJI GO4 v4.03 after upgrade on my Shield to Android Nougat. So much so that I went to using Litchi as my primary flight app for my P4P. My feeling is that DJI has to make some code updates to support the Shield/Nougat combination...
2017-3-2
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa954d030 Posted at 2017-3-2 07:30
Hi richardo,is there any chance you could point me in the direction of the guide you used for downgrading as im also having big problems with nougat on both apps?

Thanks very much

Post #12 here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-85675-1-1.html
2017-3-2
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

fansa954d030 Posted at 2017-3-2 07:30

Thanks very much

thegrindlab.com has posted a good reference for you to follow. There are a lot of Youtube videos, most will be similar. Just make sure you download the correct file for your device.

Thanks  for posting ................"the grindlab.com"
2017-3-2
Use props
scotchmizzed..
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-3-2 10:22
thegrindlab.com has posted a good reference for you to follow. There are a lot of Youtube videos, most will be similar. Just make sure you download the correct file for your device.

Thanks  for posting ................"the grindlab.com"

Thanks for the reply, i'll take it from here..
2017-3-2
Use props
scotchmizzed..
lvl.1
United Kingdom

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-3-2 09:08
Post #12 here:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-85675-1-1.html

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it..
2017-3-2
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

scotchmizzed.. Posted at 2017-3-2 11:32
Thanks again guys, really appreciate it..

Not a problem! Good luck!
2017-3-2
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I downgraded my K1 from Nougat to Marshmallow and none of the often described issues are gone.
Especially app crash, screen lag...
2017-3-14
Use props
fans1f53a02a
New
United Kingdom

I have a Samsung Tab S2 which I use. It was running Android V6 firmware with both DJI and Lichi running with NO problems.
Upgraded to Android V7 the other day and only Litchi will not work / connect. DJI Go 4 connects without any problems.

From what I have read, i need to rollback to Android V6. Is this the case?
Regards,
Paul
2017-5-20
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans1f53a02a Posted at 2017-5-20 00:29
I have a Samsung Tab S2 which I use. It was running Android V6 firmware with both DJI and Lichi running with NO problems.
Upgraded to Android V7 the other day and only Litchi will not work / connect. DJI Go 4 connects without any problems.

At this point, that is your best bet. I just received a notice that new versions of Go and Go 4 will be out next week though. Perhaps that will resolve the Android 7 issues. We'll see.
2017-5-20
Use props
HOWICK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8812 ft
Australia

I installed Nougat on my K1 Shield and didn't experience any problems with DJI  Go 4 or Litchi. However I did have a problem with Ultimate Flight. It wouldn't provide any video feed to the K1 although it would still take videos and photos - you just couldn't see what it was until later :-\

No problems with other apps and a roll-back fixed the UF issue

Bruce
2017-5-21
Use props
user87f0d8bee2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135 ft
United States

I have an LG Stylo 2+ running android 6 and phantom 3 standard. Occassional app crash. Updated phone to 7.0 and the app crashes every minute. No matter what I did. Bought Litchi and it works perfect. So much for DJI Support.....they stink. Love the drone though.
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules