No Video feed on RAW Osmo, Why?
1232 7 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrLaw10
New

United States

Just got the new Osmo RAW and did the activations etc.  The gimbal comes to life and all the buttons on Osmo work but I can't see any video from the camera.  I have the wifi connected to the Osmo as well.  

I contacted DJI online support and they recommended doing the update to the latest but I can't see that as the reason the video is not showing.

Did I miss something in the install that anyone can help me with?

W

This is the file name they want me to update to:
OSMO RAW Firmware v1.3.0.40

2017-2-23
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

So update then, if thats what support says do it, simple
2017-2-23
Use props
MrLaw10
New

United States

ROGAT Posted at 2017-2-23 12:38
So update then, if thats what support says do it, simple

While I appreciate your input, I am really looking for insightful responses that can guide me to where I need to be.  FYI, the update didn't change anything.
2017-2-23
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

What device/phone/tablet are you using to connect?  Have you tried using a different one?  Do you have pan tilt control via the device?
2017-2-23
Use props
MrLaw10
New

United States

dr.nick Posted at 2017-2-23 14:32
What device/phone/tablet are you using to connect?  Have you tried using a different one?  Do you have pan tilt control via the device?

Hi Dr. Nick,
I am using the Note 2 by Samsung as the device.  Good suggestion and I will try my note 5 since I have that one too.  I have full control from the Osmo and the joystick and the gimble responds perfectly.  I was wondering if Bluetooth is used as well.  I can see the wifi is connected to the Osmo but I had the bluetooth  off.  Thanks so much for responding!
2017-2-23
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Another thing to try is toggling between 2.4gHz and 5gHz wifi connection.  I've found that with the iPhone/iPad in certain places one works better than the other.  On my Osmo+ sometimes my picture will drop when the wifi slacks but I still have pan/tilt control.
2017-2-23
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Also make sure your battery is fully charged.  I noticed that video signal over wifi signal disappears if the battery gets low.  Probably something in the firmware that toggles it off.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try a different phone as the other response suggested. If it still doesn't work, send it back for an exchange please.
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules