First flight a success
609 4 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Finally, after a firmware update hiccup that was remedied by an awesome DJI support guru, this morning, I was able to take my little foldable bird out. I was super nervous because of some of the horror stories I've read. Not only here, but on a few more forums. Plus, the countless videos of folks losing control. She handled like a dream. I did use the auto take off, just to see how it worked. Worked as advertised. Flew around for a little bit, recorded some way to amatuer vidoe to show, but I'm new and figuring out how everything works.

I didn't use beginner mode, but I didn't go over 10ft. Not high, I know, but a 10ft crash is better than a 100ft (in some cases). I didn't fly too long, because the little park was starting to fill up with children. I did use return to home. Didn't realize how fast it would shoot up. Popped up to around 30ft or so, found it's way back to within a few feet of where it took off.

Overall, I'm pleased with the Mavic. I'm going to crawl before I walk, and just have fun, close to the ground and not too far from me. Baby steps. Much rather spend months only 10-20ft off the ground, than waiting weeks to get a repair.

Happy flying to all!
2017-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great job, it's a great AC you will have many happy hours of flying, just take your time at your own pace, try to read all the positive stuff around here, keep using the Manual as your reference to get the most out of your Mavic...

Good luck....
2017-2-23
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Your crawling on your feet because you already jumped out of beginner mode. Yes, read your manual and take it slow. Practice, practice and practice until your comfortable.
2017-2-23
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

My comfort level is 400ft high 3000ft away from me.  I've only been flying for a week XD
2017-2-23
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Nakhwayusu Posted at 2017-2-23 15:56
My comfort level is 400ft high 3000ft away from me.  I've only been flying for a week XD

Give me 6 months and I might get to about 50ft. haha
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules