Mavic Gimbal Question
1251 7 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans222af273
lvl.1
United States

I just got my Mavic. I have had a Phantom for a few years but am new to the Gimbal. The Gimbal Dial on the controller does not do anything. The 5D button does move the Gimbal horizontal or vertical but the settings in the menu do not have any effect on the Gimbal Speed or Tilt Angle. I upgraded the firmware and removed and reinstalled the App on my iPhone. Any thoughts??Thanks

2017-2-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi 273, the gimbal dial moves camera up and down, you can set the gimbal speed in the DJI GO4 app to your desired speed, make sure your AC is turned on when changing settings...

Good luck..
2017-2-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

So did  you take off the palstic part securing the gimbal?
2017-2-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

when you tunr on doest it inititalized going up and down? Yopu are using DJI GO4 APP?
2017-2-23
Use props
fans222af273
lvl.1
United States

Yes the cover and clip are off. The Gimbal does go through a calibration when it is turned on. The G5 dial does move it, but at a constant fast speed. The Gimbal dial on the front of the controller does seem to have a center setting and a spring loaded turn each direction. But it does not change the gimbal direction. The App is 4.04 and has been reinstalled.
>>>> make sure your AC is turned on when changing settings...
I assume you mean the drone and the controller. Yes they are both on.

Can I force a new upgrade to the firmware? It seemed to bog down when it installed. I have no errors but I wonder if that is an issue.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans222af273
lvl.1
United States

fans222af273 Posted at 2017-2-23 17:44
Yes the cover and clip are off. The Gimbal does go through a calibration when it is turned on. The G5 dial does move it, but at a constant fast speed. The Gimbal dial on the front of the controller does seem to have a center setting and a spring loaded turn each direction. But it does not change the gimbal direction. The App is 4.04 and has been reinstalled.
>>>> make sure your AC is turned on when changing settings...
I assume you mean the drone and the controller. Yes they are both on.

One more thing I noticed. All of the other buttons and sticks may a "beep" sound when pushed with the drone off, except the Gimbal Dial on the front. It turns about an eighth of a turn and no sound.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans222af273
lvl.1
United States

fans222af273 Posted at 2017-2-23 18:00
One more thing I noticed. All of the other buttons and sticks may a "beep" sound when pushed with the drone off, except the Gimbal Dial on the front. It turns about an eighth of a turn and no sound.

Got it to sort of work. If I move the Gimbal with the blue dot on the screen it will move manually so I know it is not the AC. Still not much luck with the wheel on the front of the RC but I have contacted tech support.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans222af273
lvl.1
United States

fans222af273 Posted at 2017-2-23 19:40
Got it to sort of work. If I move the Gimbal with the blue dot on the screen it will move manually so I know it is not the AC. Still not much luck with the wheel on the front of the RC but I have contacted tech support.

Update: It seemed to have fixed itself. I think a software update on the app did the trick. It now works great and it is a *Wonderful* drone. Thanks for the help.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules