Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is Mavic Remote supposed to power phone?
761 3 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottinATL
lvl.2
United States

I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. When I plug my phone into the Mavic controller, the phone vibrates and for about two seconds, it appears to be charging my phone. But almost just as fast the charging icon goes away and it is clearly no longer charging my phone.

Can anybody confirm or deny whether or not the remote is supposed to charge your phone when you plug it into the remote control?

Would love to see a clear answer.

Also. Here's some of my stuff.

2017-2-23
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I think for android devices the remote seems to charge them. Does it for my nexus 6p. Kind of annoying,wish it could be disabled.
2017-2-23
Use props
aesculus
lvl.1
United States

Iphones don't charge, they only make the 'bong' sound when the phone is first recognized by the controller.  Nice video.
2017-2-23
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Liberia

It looks like a low power charging on Android (Google Pixel in my case). Don't know if it's meant as feature or not, but I actually thinks it's a nice help to keep my phone running. The remote still has power enough for 3 flights (probably 4, but I only have 3 batteries for the Mavic).

I hear some iphones have the opposite situation. The remote seems to be charged by the phone, thus draining power on the phone quickly. That is much more of a problem in my opinion.
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules