Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Warranty
2063 14 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,I received my Mavic Pro on Monday and I have not been able to connect the RC - it just displays 'Connecting' I raised a case with DJI and they have advised that they will not help me as the drone is a Chinese version, even though I purchased it through an Australian company?!! Surely this is incorrect and against the law, DJI can't manufacture faulty drones and then claim it's not covered under warranty??
Response below from DJI:

Double checked for you, your drone is China version. As the warranty is not international, you are recommended to contact your seller or friends in China help you  claim the warranty.

2017-2-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue.
As you can see on our website for the warranty policy: http://www.dji.com/service/policyIf it's an Chinese version, which means you did not purchase it from the local authorized dealer, to get it replaced or repaired, you need contact the dealer where you purchased it to help you deal with the case.
If it's covered by warranty, we'd love to help you. I.png

2017-2-24
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

As mentioned, I purchased the Mavic through an Australian company - a 'local authorised dealer'. I also provided a sales receipt to one of your colleagues via the case, proving that I purchased the drone in Australia.

So, viewing the above T&C's my Mavic should be under warranty?  So I would love you to help me.

Thank you
2017-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans568ab868 Posted at 2017-2-24 03:42
As mentioned, I purchased the Mavic through an Australian company - a 'local authorised dealer'. I also provided a sales receipt to one of your colleagues via the case, proving that I purchased the drone in Australia.

So, viewing the above T&C's my Mavic should be under warranty?  So I would love you to help me.

I think your gripe should be with the authorised reseller, just take time to contact them just to find out there is nothing fishy going on..

Good luck...
2017-2-24
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks but surely the manufacturer should be held accountable for producing items unfit for purpose?
I don't understand how they can wipe their hands of this ? If this was any other a product - a car, food, medicine, a computer etc, they would all be held accountable! Can you imagine if, Mercedes, Mars, Smithkine Beecham or Apple, sold faulty items and then wouldn't help because it was bought in another country?! They wouldn't do that, they would take ownership and accountability and provide a service to the consumer!

Maybe I am expecting to much but when I've spent nearly $2000 AUD for an item that does not work, I'd expect the manufacturer to help??
2017-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans568ab868 Posted at 2017-2-24 05:41
Thanks but surely the manufacturer should be held accountable for producing items unfit for purpose?
I don't understand how they can wipe their hands of this ? If this was any other a product - a car, food, medicine, a computer etc, they would all be held accountable! Can you imagine if, Mercedes, Mars, Smithkine Beecham or Apple, sold faulty items and then wouldn't help because it was bought in another country?! They wouldn't do that, they would take ownership and accountability and provide a service to the consumer!

Your right manufacturer should be responsible, but there responsibility should not be to you, but rather the person or company who purchased from them.
And the company you purchased from should be responsible to you, just contact them and tell them your having a problem, I'm sure if everything is ok they will sort you out..

If you purchase something from your local store, let's say a litre of milk and it was sour you wouldn't send it back to the producers you would take it back to the store who sold it to you, if you sent it back to producers how would they know where it came from..

2017-2-24
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-24 06:31
Your right manufacturer should be responsible, but there responsibility should not be to you, but rather the person or company who purchased from them.
And the company you purchased from should be responsible to you, just contact them and tell them your having a problem, I'm sure if everything is ok they will sort you out..

Interesting concept but unfortunately this cost more than a pint of milk!
If a car manufacturer finds a fault with a car, they will take ownership and do a recall. Let's take the Volkswagen infamous emissions scandal - they contacted their customers and asked them to take their car to their local dealer......not to your local 2nd hand car garage where you purchased it from

Have a search across many forum and you will see the 'Connecting' issue is not a one off problem and affecting many users!!

Yes, I'm sure this will get sorted but judging by my previous experience (faulty Osmo) and many others experience on this forum, it won't be resolved for a looooong time.....
2017-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans568ab868 Posted at 2017-2-24 12:17
Interesting concept but unfortunately this cost more than a pint of milk!
If a car manufacturer finds a fault with a car, they will take ownership and do a recall. Let's take the Volkswagen infamous emissions scandal - they contacted their customers and asked them to take their car to their local dealer......not to your local 2nd hand car garage where you purchased it from

Think you answered it yourself take it back to your dealer, 10/14 days is the average people are waiting.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry for your experience and since you bough the Mavic in AU and have the receipt I would think the warranty would be honored at the AU repair center.
What is the case# and I will look into it.

Normally if you buy in a certain country then the warranty needs to be done at the nearest facility where you purchased.
If you live in China and visit the US and buy a Mavic and then go back to China the Mavic still has that warranty but it would have to be sent to the US repair center (your cost) then sent to a US address (DJI's cost) and they would have to send the Mavic back to you in China. That's how the warranty works.

Did they already perform troubleshooting steps, if not lets' start with that to see if we can resolve your disconnect.
What device are you using?
Have you tried to relink the RC to the aircraft since you said the RC says "Connecting"
There's a switch on the right side of the Mavic, it's not in WiFi mode is it?
And if in WiFi mode, can you fly with your device?
Questions like that I need to know, unless you've already been through all of it already with support.
2017-2-24
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-24 12:33
I'm sorry for your experience and since you bough the Mavic in AU and have the receipt I would think the warranty would be honored at the AU repair center.
What is the case# and I will look into it.

Hi DJI-Ken,

Many thanks for the reply, my request number is: 440646 (this has been via email to support@dji.com). I have gone through the below steps to try and connect and I also sent a video to advisor Maggie Hu via the case I raised.

I'm experiencing the same issue - It displays 'Connecting' on the RC screen and the Mavic flashes rapid yellow. I was able to previously connect the RC to my Mavic on the latest firmware and this started happening after 7 flights.

I have tried manually connecting it via the app using the 'Linking Remote Controller' feature > 'Link RC' > 'OK' and it displays 'Remote Controller Linked' even though it isn't!
I have also tried linking it using C1, C2 and Record but it does not display 'Binding' as described in the DJI  Mavic user manual.

I'm currently on the latest firmware (V01.03.0400) which I have refreshed, then downgraded to the previous firmware on both RC and Mavic and then back to the latest and each time the controller still displays 'Connecting'

I am able to connect my phone using wifi to the Mavic and control it that way, so it does appear to be an RC issue.

Looking forward to your response.
Many thanks.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans568ab868 Posted at 2017-2-24 12:46
Hi DJI-Ken,

Many thanks for the reply, my request number is: 440646 (this has been via email to ). I have gone through the below steps to try and connect and I also sent a video to advisor Maggie Hu via the case I raised.

The Binding is also the photo button.
So hold down C1,C2,video and then when you get the beeps also press down the shutter button and that will put it into bind. Then press the bind button on the Mavic. Or press the bind button before the RC procedure, it doesn't matter.
2017-2-24
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-24 13:32
The Binding is also the photo button.
So hold down C1,C2,video and then when you get the beeps also press down the shutter button and that will put it into bind. Then press the bind button on the Mavic. Or press the bind button before the RC procedure, it doesn't matter.

Apologies, yes, that his what I was doing C1, C2 + Record - RC beeps and I then press the Shutter button but each time I do this, the RC flashes blank and then goes back to 'Connecting' status.

I think this happens as it thinks it's already linked because as mentioned above, when using the 'Linking Remote Controller' option in the DJI Go app, I get the message 'Remote Control Linked.

Thanks
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans568ab868 Posted at 2017-2-24 15:46
Apologies, yes, that his what I was doing C1, C2 + Record - RC beeps and I then press the Shutter button but each time I do this, the RC flashes blank and then goes back to 'Connecting' status.

I think this happens as it thinks it's already linked because as mentioned above, when using the 'Linking Remote Controller' option in the DJI Go app, I get the message 'Remote Control Linked.

Ok, it seems something is not functioning properly with the controller.
You may need to send it and the aircraft in for evaluation.
2017-2-25
Use props
fans568ab868
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-25 11:51
Ok, it seems something is not functioning properly with the controller.
You may need to send it and the aircraft in for evaluation.

Thanks, would you be able to advise how I go about this?

Thanks again
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans568ab868 Posted at 2017-2-25 11:54
Thanks, would you be able to advise how I go about this?

Thanks again

I would contact the dealer you purchased from.
Somehow they got a different version, as the prior post stated that RC would have to go to China for repair and couldn't be repaired in the AU repair center under the warranty.
I would do that first as the dealer should be able to get the RC repaired.
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules