Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

DJI Ken, et al.
Noticed something:
  When I have my Iphone6s connected to the USB port on the underside of the Mavic's transmitter/controller, the Radar information is pretty much 100% accurate. If I stand directly behind the Mavic with my antennas facing the same direction that the mavic is facing, the red pointer on the radar screen is at the 12"0clock position.
  However, if I connect using the side mouunted port/connector on the controller, and stand in the exact same position, the red pointer is pointed towards the 10-11 oclock position on the radar screen.
  Why is this?
2017-2-24
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

looks like im not the only one...post #10 here details exact same issue.
I bet it's everyone that has the issue...most simply havent noticed/compared the difference when using the two different controller connections..

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/c ... p.8182/#post-103602
2017-2-24
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

seriously? No one else has tested to check if their radar is inaccurate when the side cable is connected (vs connected on the underside of the controller)?
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-28 13:51
seriously? No one else has tested to check if their radar is inaccurate when the side cable is connected (vs connected on the underside of the controller)?

I've never until just now looked at the radar mode, always using the map mode, but it seems pretty cool.

After calibrating my compass and enabling radar display, it looks like my Mavic points exactly in the same direction whether using my side or bottom port to connect. Both are slightly to the right of 12:00 at maybe 12:15/20.
2017-2-28
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
United States

thanks! I'll try calibrating the compass to see if that makes a change. But based on what Im reading, sounds like both of your radars are not fully accurate? I would expect that if Im standing directly behind my Mavic and with the Mavic pointing perfectly straight ahead, that the pointed would be perfectly at 12 o clock position on the radar screen. No?
2017-3-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-3-1 05:50
thanks! I'll try calibrating the compass to see if that makes a change. But based on what Im reading, sounds like both of your radars are not fully accurate? I would expect that if Im standing directly behind my Mavic and with the Mavic pointing perfectly straight ahead, that the pointed would be perfectly at 12 o clock position on the radar screen. No?

Yeah, I'd expect pointing to be pretty close, as it is in my case. Perfect would be best, of course. ;)

The only thing I can think of that might explain your problem is that if:

A: Your two compasses are out of calibration with each other
B: Compass x is preferred by the left port and Compass y is preferred by the bottom port

That's wild conjecture that seems really unlikely -- a usb port should just be a usb port, but that's all I can come up with. ;)
2017-3-1
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Because the side port is at 10/11 o'clock

Sorry ,lol
2017-3-1
Use props
famorim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595574 ft
Brazil

I have this issue. So, It looks like a interference from RC to my Iphone. I did few tests based on information I found in another Thread where someone suggested to use the Iphone with home button on right side and the radar became to work very well again. The problem about that is that I need to use another cable to keep to phone connected and it also bother me to handle the RC.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules