Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO has stopped, but everytime I open it
1884 17 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrettP3Pro
lvl.1

United States

I have had the app on my Samsung S6 since July 2016 and within the last week it has been giving me problems. While using my phone at random times during the day, I get a pop up notifying me that "Unfortunately, DJI GO has stopped." This comes up if I don't even open the app or use it. I have tried deleting it and installing it. I have tried clearing the data. Restarting my phone at different points in the aforementioned processes. Nothing works. The only thing that worked for one time was downloading DJI GO 4 and then opening the original DJI GO app. After that once, nothing worked.

To make it clear, I am using the original DJI GO app, not the DJI GO 4 app made for newer models. I use a Phantom 3 Pro.

If you have any ideas more than what I have done, feel free to help!
2017-2-24
Use props
Thermographer
First Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Mine has been doing the same thing (P3A - Lenovo Tab3)  Everything up to date.  Sometimes my go app won't open with the RC, have to manually start the go app after the RC is on, then to get it to connect with RC have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in, or reboot the tab.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You have the latest android system for your S6, right?
Would you please try another mobile device to check the performance?
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thermographer Posted at 2017-2-24 19:25
Mine has been doing the same thing (P3A - Lenovo Tab3)  Everything up to date.  Sometimes my go app won't open with the RC, have to manually start the go app after the RC is on, then to get it to connect with RC have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in, or reboot the tab.

What mobile device you are using to connect the remote?
2017-2-26
Use props
Thermographer
First Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-26 02:22
What mobile device you are using to connect the remote?

Lenovo Tab3 8 and a Nextbook Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thermographer Posted at 2017-2-26 18:48
Lenovo Tab3 8 and a Nextbook Android 5.1 (Lollipop)

Please try other mobile devices in DJI recommended list and check whether it performs fine or not, thanks.
2017-2-26
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 953596 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi, I have the same problem using my Samsung S5.  It seems that since last update this is happening more and more.  As of today, March 1st., the app will not even load or go into camera mode.  I have tested and this is only happening on the android version, IOS still works.
2017-3-1
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Hi, I have the same problem using my Samsung S5.  It seems that since last update this is happening more and more.  As of today, March 1st., the app will not even load or go into camera mode.  I have tested and this is only happening on the android version, IOS still works. In addition, I could not have DJI GO and DJI GO4 installed at the same time.  Inspire 1 would show as disconnected.  If i unistalled the DJI GO 4 and install DJI GO, the problem clears.  In addition, I have now bricked up four Inspire 1 radios with disconnect messages.  After doing simple antennae upgrade, after reassembly, the disconnected message appears.  At first I thought I did something while doing the antennae upgrade but after swapping in new HDMI module, the problem cleared.   I then did a second radio, same problem, swapped in new HDMI module and problem cleared.  Now I have 3 more radios with same problem and I can not keep buying new HDMI modules.   Not sure what DJI has done in this last update but it has made things that used to work, not work anymore.  Please share if you have same problem, more information or a solution.  It would also be nice if the DJI rep on here stepped up to the plate and answered some of these issues.   I have done dozens of antennae upgrades and never had this problem.   As mentioned, as of today, the DJI GO app will not even start and then as BrettP3Pro mentioned, the message turns into an annoying nag that comes up repeatedly, even when app is not running.  I have everything to latest versions and lots of memory, cleared all other apps out and still the problem persists.  Appreciate any help as DJI seems to not want to talk about this problem.  TODAY, I called, explained my problem, after 45 minutes on hold they told me that they would need to escalate to 'a tech', held another 45 minutes.  After going from 8th position to 2nd, they disconnected the call.  Horrible front line service, if they are not able to answer a question, why are they on the tech support line?
2017-3-1
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Hi, I have the same problem using my Samsung S5.  It seems that since last update this is happening more and more.  As of today, March 1st., the app will not even load or go into camera mode.  I have tested and this is only happening on the android version, IOS still works.

In addition, I could not have DJI GO and DJI GO4 installed at the same time.  Inspire 1 would show as disconnected.  If i unistalled the DJI GO 4 and install DJI GO, the problem clears.  

In addition, I have now bricked up five Inspire 1 radios with disconnect messages.  After doing simple antennae upgrade, after reassembly, the disconnected message appears.  At first I thought I did something while doing the antennae upgrade but after swapping in new HDMI module, the problem cleared.   I then did a second radio, same problem, swapped in new HDMI module and problem cleared.  Now I have 3 more radios with same problem and I can not keep buying new HDMI modules.   Not sure what DJI has done in this last update but it has made things that used to work, not work anymore.  Please share if you have same problem, more information or a solution.  It would also be nice if the DJI rep on here stepped up to the plate and answered some of these issues.   I have done dozens of antennae upgrades and never had this problem.   

As mentioned, as of today, the DJI GO app will not even start and then as BrettP3Pro mentioned, the message turns into an annoying nag that comes up repeatedly, even when app is not running.  I have everything to latest versions and lots of memory, cleared all other apps out and still the problem persists.  

Appreciate any help as DJI seems to not want to talk about this problem.  TODAY, I called, explained my problem, after 45 minutes on hold they told me that they would need to escalate to 'a tech', held another 45 minutes.  After going from 8th position to 2nd, they disconnected the call.  Horrible front line service, if they are not able to answer a question, why are they on the tech support line?
2017-3-1
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

WOW, Drones Toronto tell us what you really think, talk about hijacking a thread.
Anyway the the OP question. Have you tried force closing it in setting?
2017-3-1
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-1 20:18
WOW, Drones Toronto tell us what you really think, talk about hijacking a thread.

Perhaps did not make clear that I have to close the apps, uninstall, reinstall the other app, close, uninstall, reinstall the first one again..... , yes, I have even gone so far as to reflash the android system on my S5,

Yes, after losing an hour and a half without even getting to speak to the right person, you bet I wanted others to know what to expect.
2017-3-1
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Drones Toronto Posted at 2017-3-1 23:33
Perhaps did not make clear that I have to close the apps, uninstall, reinstall the other app, close, uninstall, reinstall the first one again..... , yes, I have even gone so far as to reflash the android system on my S5,

Yes, after losing an hour and a half without even getting to speak to the right person, you bet I wanted others to know what to expect.

My reply was to the OP, the one that opened this thread. A quick in and out like Thermographer did is passable, but your lengthy posts are hijacking the OP's thread. Maybe you should start a new thread with your issues. Lets try to help BrettP3Pro who reach out in post #1.
2017-3-2
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-2 09:56
My reply was to the OP, the one that opened this thread. A quick in and out like Thermographer did is passable, but your lengthy posts are hijacking the OP's thread. Maybe you should start a new thread with your issues. Lets try to help BrettP3Pro who reach out in post #1.

My problem falls in line with the thread.  I get the same error message   "Unfortunately, DJI GO has stopped."

Fine, delete my post and I will open some new ones.
2017-3-2
Use props
BrettP3Pro
lvl.1

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-1 20:18

I haven't been able to get on here recently.
But yes, I have uninstalled the app, deleted all local files by hooking my phone to my computer and deleting them. I have forced stopped it many times as well.
2017-3-6
Use props
BaconNBeer
lvl.1
United States

I was having problems getting my Samsung Galaxy Tab E to work correctly so this morning I did a hard reset and now every thing works great.
2017-3-6
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

I'm going to chime in and join the party. The DJI Go (not 4) also crashes on my LG V521 tablet and my OnePlus3, both running android 7. Sometimes it will run for a whole flight without issue, but mostly will crash 2-5 times per flight.
2017-3-6
Use props
BrettP3Pro
lvl.1

United States

I have figured out how to get the app to work, however I am not trusting it to not crash once it does work. If I turn off all connections (i.e. WiFi, Cellular Data), the app will open and run as it should without crashing. I am then able to turn on connections and it will work. If I remove the app from multitasking afterwards with connections, it will crash. Has anyone had this issue and know how to make it so I don't need to go through this process?
2017-3-13
Use props
AnthonyF
lvl.1

Netherlands

Great solution BrettP3Pro!  it works for me with my p3A .

Kind regards,
Anthony
The Netherlands.
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules