Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi mission - need help
2306 18 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrian8891
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Hello Guys,

Recently I bought Litchi for DJI. I have created a mission, and today it was first time I was started it!

I attach my mission here in CSV and please help me.

Firstly I have started mission, dron take off, flies to 1 , 2nd checkpoint. In meantime I tried to move gimbal up/down. Of course, after 500m distance I have lost connection (downlink and RC went to RED). My heart was in very stong pulse

But, everytihing went fine, drone has came back in few minutes with accomplishing mission.

Problems were also occured:
- in some of checkpoints Litchi has to StayFor 5sec, TakePhoto, StayFor 5sec. (in litchi settings, autorecording was ON). BUT after looking at footage, video is ALL THE TIME ON! Drone has stopped for 5 sec, then he should take photo. But no photos in SD card. Then he stays another 5sec and flies to next checkpoint. Where could be mistake?

- Next problem is gimbal level. Please check on mission, mostly I used Interpolate for checkpoints, but on Footage I see that drone has all the time same gimbal level. Maybe its because I firstly try it to go up/down ?

- Other problem occures when mission finish time has came, and drone was around 60 meters from me. I was able to see it, RC has came to GREEN but Litchi still says NO SIGNAL and I had no vision on tablet. RC funcionallity has been ok! So I turned off and on RC. Then Litchi has connected again.

- Another problem is with HealthyDrones. I have uploaded flight LOG, and here is link http://healthydrones.com/main?share=DMCMAe
Please compare HealthyDrones flight map, with mission map. Seems that in LOG there is almost half of flight visible! On footage I see that drone has came across whole mission!

Przystań -Delfin-.csv.zip

1.35 KB, Down times: 6

CSV zipped

2017-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What are you flying?
2017-2-25
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Phantom 4 (nonPro)
2017-2-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You might consider attaching a tracker so that when you lose signal and something unfortunate happens, you can find your AC.

Sounds lke your app crashed or the FPV crashed during or towards the end of the mission.  You don't need your app to fly, so you still had control with the sticks.  You could have landed it without the app.  

Hopefully somebody else can help you with your other questions.  
2017-2-25
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Sure, I know about GPS trackers. I managed to find "issue" of half flight shown in HealthyDrones. At peak point (this, where HealthyDrones does not show rest of flight) was moment where RC lost downlink and signal with AC (exactly 498m from home point). This might be an issue? I thought that flight log is stored in aircraft...
2017-2-25
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

If you have curved turns on, Litchi will not take photos.  Check that setting.
2017-2-25
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I dont have curved turns. Thats why I attached csv so You can import this mission to Your litchi hub. What I rememberded is that my flight was made in "P" Mode on controller. The "F" Mode didnt shown GPS assistance. It shown only "ATTI" . On P Mode it was "P-GPS"
2017-2-25
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

anyone? some ideas?
2017-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I can't say much about the other issues you mentioned, but this one:

'Problems were also occured:
- in some of checkpoints Litchi has to StayFor 5sec, TakePhoto, StayFor 5sec. (in litchi settings, autorecording was ON). BUT after looking at footage, video is ALL THE TIME ON! Drone has stopped for 5 sec, then he should take photo. But no photos in SD card. Then he stays another 5sec and flies to next checkpoint. Where could be mistake? "

If you have autorecording on, and the camera is shooting video, then it cannot take still photographs.
2017-2-25
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-25 14:49

Ok, so how to resolve this?

On start of mission manually start record? And on each waypoint start with StopRecording and end with StartRecording?
2017-2-26
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

How interesting  I see people who use Litchi have similar issues with their flights that others who use the  normal DJI app have.  So why use Litchi?  I don't get it
2017-2-26
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-2-26 06:15
How interesting  I see people who use Litchi have similar issues with their flights that others who use the  normal DJI app have.  So why use Litchi?  I don't get it

Of what issues are You talking about? As far as I know, DJI GO doesn't have autonomus flight and autorecording option ;)
2017-2-26
Use props
MassDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

To SkyCin: You can program a Litchi mission to control the 3D location of the drone, the direction it's pointed, and the gimbal angle. However, once the drone is disconnected from the RC unit, it only 'remembers' the flight path and the angle to point the drone. In order for a mission to control the gimbal angle, it must remain connected to the RC. In practice, if you plan a mission that will disconnect from the RC, make sure your gimbal angle is where you want it to stay, because it won't change after the disconnect happens.
2017-2-26
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

MassDrone Posted at 2017-2-26 10:37
To SkyCin: You can program a Litchi mission to control the 3D location of the drone, the direction it's pointed, and the gimbal angle. However, once the drone is disconnected from the RC unit, it only 'remembers' the flight path and the angle to point the drone. In order for a mission to control the gimbal angle, it must remain connected to the RC. In practice, if you plan a mission that will disconnect from the RC, make sure your gimbal angle is where you want it to stay, because it won't change after the disconnect happens.

Ok, so another problem solved! Thank You
2017-2-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-2-26 04:10
Ok, so how to resolve this?

On start of mission manually start record? And on each waypoint start with StopRecording and end with StartRecording?

Rather than faffing about with all that, I think I would just use a mission to either record video or take photos. Mixing the two sounds too complicated to me.
2017-2-26
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is based on memory because I typically don't mix mission flights.    At a waypoint you will need to stop recording, make your camera adjustments, shoot the pic, etc and then you will need to make any needed camera adjustments and start recording again.  The problem is there is a limit on the number of instructions you can issue at each waypoint.   So you may have to create 2 waypoints close together and divide the instructions between them.
2017-2-26
Use props
RicknCovington
lvl.3
Flight distance : 186322 ft
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-2-26 07:24
Of what issues are You talking about? As far as I know, DJI GO doesn't have autonomus flight and autorecording option ;)

DJI Ground Station Pro, which is a free download, will do autonomous flights (missions), but presently only works with iOS,and not Android OS.
2017-2-27
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

RicknCovington Posted at 2017-2-27 16:32
DJI Ground Station Pro, which is a free download, will do autonomous flights (missions), but presently only works with iOS,and not Android OS.

Im not any fan of iOS, thats why I require android versions. Next thing is that DJI app has always something wrong - sometimes with donwstream, sometimes with crashing in middle of flight etc.
2017-2-28
Use props
Chuck Bengele
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-25 14:49

I am not totally sure exactly where I am in the posting, but I do have a little feed back.

1)  I had a lot of issues with seen my live feedback video from my P4P on a Samsung 12" tablet.  BTW, I prefer to use a tablet because I am not planning on being a "drone hobbyist" and working with small buttons on a cell phone in the field just seems very crazy and difficult.  I bought a Samsung Tab A and I now get almost full time clean videos.  I do not understand why someone in the "Drone World" does not bring the issue of expanding WIFI connections to the table.  For most people, they invest every year or so into a new cell phone which contains the latest and greatest WIFI connections and function.  I did hate to spend more money on a newer device, but after buying it my flying time is so much easier.

2)  Taking "Photos" on a "Video Mission, in my opinion, is foolish.  If the bird pauses to take photos, then your video has a great chance of being non-fluid and matching scenes between before and after the "pause" just ain't worth the time.  I would like to suggest the following:
a) Build you Mission in Mission Hub to fly the video route and add the word "video" to its saved name.  So now the video mission is ready to go!

3)  Now save that Mission and change to the title to replace the word "video" to "photos".  

4)  Yes, you have 2 Missions that are the exact same except for the ending work of "photo or video".

5)  Now load the "XX Photo Mission and change what the drone does on this mission.  For each Way 6)
Point you can do many things within each Way Point setting window:

a.  Remove "curves" because you will not need the drone to be fluid as it travels to each Way Point.  I am not sure it this can be done on a per/Way Point or if you need to go into the Mission Setting and select straight line instead of curves.

b)  Increase the  speed to each Way Point because there is no need to wait around for a smooth flight.

c)  Without "curves" being set you can now program each Way Point on how long to Pause at each location and how many photos to take of your point(s) of interest.

To me this process seems very logical and with a minimum amount of time and battery to run the Photo Mission.  Your Video Mission will be clean, fluid and without breaks along with your photos being snapped properly as needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chuck
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules