Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mount DJI Osmo Inside Vehicle
4917 19 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NickMcCandless
lvl.1

United States

I am wanting to use my DJI Osmo to film videos of me inside of my car. I know DJI has a mount for moutning to the front of the outside of the car, but I am not looking for this. I am wanting to be able to mount it to my windshield or dashboard so I can shoot video of me driving and it be stable. Does anyone know how I can make this happen or a car mount that would work?

2017-2-25
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

For this I recommend a suction cup mount, so that you can mount it to the windshield. DJI has one in their store, and there is a good alternative product as well, let me see if I can find the name for you.
2017-2-25
Use props
NickMcCandless
lvl.1

United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-2-25 12:01
For this I recommend a suction cup mount, so that you can mount it to the windshield. DJI has one in their store, and there is a good alternative product as well, let me see if I can find the name for you.

Thanks please let me know the name of the DJI product as well as at the alternative. Thanks!
2017-2-26
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

NickMcCandless Posted at 2017-2-26 23:49
Thanks please let me know the name of the DJI product as well as at the alternative. Thanks!

Nick, please google "DJI OSMO Suction Cup" as I cannot post links here. The mount is a DJI product.
2017-2-27
Use props
NickMcCandless
lvl.1

United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-2-27 00:38
Nick, please google "DJI OSMO Suction Cup" as I cannot post links here. The mount is a DJI product.

Which one are you referring to? The Car Mount is overkill as those are made for going on the front of the car and they are huge. What is the exact name of the OSMO suction cup you recommend?
2017-2-28
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

Have you looked at the suction cups from Kamerar?
2017-2-28
Use props
ronyronron
New
Australia

Have you looked at RAM Mounts? The build quality is excellent and the components can be used for mounting other items - not just the OSMO. The components I used to mount my OSMO to the inside of the windscreen were:

http://www.rammount.com/search?s ... y=RAP-B-379U-252025
(This goes into the accessory mount of the OSMO - I cut a bit of thin rubber to make a rubber washer to grip the teeth surrounding the mount hole)

http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-201U
(This comes in different lengths)

http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-224-1U
(This is a strong suction mount)

You may find a solution which works out slightly cheaper but I can assure you the quality of the RAM components and their versatility is more than worth the extra cost.

Cheers,
Ron.
2017-2-28
Use props
NickMcCandless
lvl.1

United States

ronyronron Posted at 2017-2-28 15:17
Have you looked at RAM Mounts? The build quality is excellent and the components can be used for mounting other items - not just the OSMO. The components I used to mount my OSMO to the inside of the windscreen were:

http://www.rammount.com/search?search_type=search&query=RAP-B-379U-252025

Ok so I would just need to buy these three things and I can then mount my OSMO mobile to it without any extra parts? This can mount to my windshield or dash correct? Do you have any sample videos I can view?
2017-2-28
Use props
ronyronron
New
Australia

Yep that's correct, that's all you'd need - they are the parts that I have used.

The RAM Mount ecosystem is huge and this is just one way (combination of components) to mount it, I'll take a photo of the setup in action when I get home.

Cheers,
Ron.
2017-3-1
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a good system called the fat gecko mount, it is sold in one two and three cup setups and is modular so if you have 2 singles you can make it into a double with an adapter and so on. I actually had my Nikon D600 inside the car attach to the windshield with a single cup mount. However not being stabilized the footage sucked, now I'm using the Osmo Pro with a single one and it works terrific, except for some Audio issues The Osmo is not easy to make work because of the handle length, we are probably better off experimenting a little, maybe attaching the Cosmo horizontally, the pro is a bit tough if you have more than one person in the car that you want featured because the lens is just not wide enough, now I'm trying a couple of options, but wide angle lenses are not plentiful in MFT and the standard 15mm is not great, you have an X3 or X5?
2017-3-1
Use props
NickMcCandless
lvl.1

United States

Ok so all I would need is the FAT GECKO MINI MOUNT? Just mount my osmo mobile to it? I use my iPhone 7 Plus for filming
2017-3-2
Use props
NickMcCandless
lvl.1

United States

The single only support 4 lbs so maybe need the double
2017-3-2
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NickMcCandless Posted at 2017-3-2 13:05

Frankly the Gecko is becoming a bit of a pain, it is having a bit of a drooping problem and the Osmo handle is just a pain to work in, over the weekend I got it in my car and worked like a dream, I tried it in a Mazda 6 today and I could not find a place to get it right. You might have it easy if as I understand your post, you are only recording yourself, I need the 2 front occupants in the frame so the placement is more critical, Also I have an X5 with a narrower fov than the X3 so if you have the X3 or regular Osmo, you should be golden, that camera is a bit lighter than the X5 and because of the wider fov it will be much simpler to find a place to mount it. If you have the X3 a cable extension with the sticky mount wound be absolutely perfect I think as it separates the gimbal from the handle and allowed for ease in finding a place for it without the handle getting in the way.
2017-3-6
Use props
gunitt
lvl.1

India

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-1 22:20
There is a good system called the fat gecko mount, it is sold in one two and three cup setups and is modular so if you have 2 singles you can make it into a double with an adapter and so on. I actually had my Nikon D600 inside the car attach to the windshield with a single cup mount. However not being stabilized the footage sucked, now I'm using the Osmo Pro with a single one and it works terrific, except for some Audio issues The Osmo is not easy to make work because of the handle length, we are probably better off experimenting a little, maybe attaching the Cosmo horizontally, the pro is a bit tough if you have more than one person in the car that you want featured because the lens is just not wide enough, now I'm trying a couple of options, but wide angle lenses are not plentiful in MFT and the standard 15mm is not great, you have an X3 or X5?

To fix your Nikon camera issue please follow these instructions:
To restoring Nikon D600 to its factory settings, just hold down the [Thumbnail button ] button and the [ +/- Exposure Compensation button] button together, until the control panel turns off briefly while the camera resets itself to the factory default settings.Hopefully the Digital SLR Camera Factory Reset can solve your problem. Good Luck!. If still issue persists check Nikon D600 Manual for another solution keys.

2017-5-16
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

gunitt Posted at 2017-5-16 22:59
To fix your Nikon camera issue please follow these instructions:
To restoring Nikon D600 to its factory settings, just hold down the [Thumbnail button ] button and the [ +/- Exposure Compensation button] button together, until the control panel turns off briefly while the camera resets itself to the factory default settings.Hopefully the Digital SLR Camera Factory Reset can solve your problem. Good Luck!. If still issue persists check Nikon D600 Manual for another solution keys.

Do all your irrelevant posts include a link to your web site? Generally considered to be Spamming.
2017-5-17
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NickMcCandless Posted at 2017-3-2 13:05

the mobile is more than 4 lbs?  actually I think the Mobile will be fine with a single, but you can never be to careful
2017-5-17
Use props
MarCsa
New
Hungary

Hello,
I'm just a very-very beginner (and my English is also poor).
I have a DJI Osmo+ and a car mount (with 3 suction cups) too.
When I drive and turn fast, the OSMO camera always move left or right (how I drive).
Can anybody help me please, how to fix it? Is there any settings in the software for it?
I just would like to record the road in front of me, the camera must not to move left and right while I turn at the curves.
Thank you very-very much!
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

MarCsa Posted at 2017-9-15 01:48
Hello,
I'm just a very-very beginner (and my English is also poor).
I have a DJI Osmo+ and a car mount (with 3 suction cups) too.

MarCsa,here is some precautions that you need to know:
1.Please mount it on the clean and flat surface.
2.Did you install it right or tight?
3.Any looseness sign of vehicle mount?
4.Do not driver over 100km/h.
Thanks for your support.
2017-9-16
Use props
MarCsa
New
Hungary

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-16 01:05
MarCsa,here is some precautions that you need to know:
1.Please mount it on the clean and flat surface.
2.Did you install it right or tight?

Dear Elektra,
thank you for your suggestions.
Sorry, my English is poor, this is why I maybe not explained well my problem.
The fixing of the camera is perfect. It is very stable. Not came off from the car.
My problem is that the gimbal is moving while I turn right or left with the car. In the software I can make this movement slowlier, but can not turn off. Is there any software settings, which will not allow movements for the gimbal? (A settings where it works like a normal action camera without gimbal. Just stays on the car, and the gimbal is totally fix, not moved by the  cetripetal force.)
Thank you, best regards: Csaba
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MarCsa Posted at 2017-9-19 07:15
Dear Elektra,
thank you for your suggestions.
Sorry, my English is poor, this is why I maybe not explained well my problem.

Please note that osmo doesn't has this kind of function.  It will move when the car turn right or left.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules