Are Inspire 1 and 2 cameras interchangable?
1283 5 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Simple question:  Are Inspire 1 and 2 cameras interchangable?  I just came from the DJI grand opening in SF and they were no help.

If they are NOT, what are the primary differences between the two models?  Primary uses?  The Inspire 2 appears to be geared for making movies.  And the Inspire 1 appears to be more for other commercial uses (IR, thermal, photogrammetry, etc.).

Thanks.

2017-2-25
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Not interchangeable.  The I2 has much of the video electronics inside the body for processing and the I1 doesn't.  Different plugin setup too. I2 more megapixel camera body too.

Surprised the DJI Factory Store in San Francisco didn't know that.
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

This has been covered a few times already on the Forum. The primary difference is that neither aircraft uses the same camera mount. It's a different locking mechanism. For the X4S and X5S specifically, the image processor is built into the I2, so it will not work with the I1.
2017-2-25
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 13:32
This has been covered a few times already on the Forum. The primary difference is that neither aircraft uses the same camera mount. It's a different locking mechanism. For the X4S and X5S specifically, the image processor is built into the I2, so it will not work with the I1.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the duplicate thread.
2017-2-25
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-2-25 13:21
Not interchangeable.  The I2 has much of the video electronics inside the body for processing and the I1 doesn't.  Different plugin setup too. I2 more megapixel camera body too.

Surprised the DJI Factory Store in San Francisco didn't know that.

I think there was something lost in translation in SF.  The guy helping me was new and had to relay my questions to another guy who didn't speak English.
2017-2-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Thats what this forum is about.. helping
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now