Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible Perils With Non Original Lightning Cables
472 5 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434593 ft
Thailand

I'm sure I can't be the only person to have experienced this but the forum search facility isn't great so I'm not finding anything. So at risk of repeating what others might have previously posted.........
I picked up a couple of non original lighting cables (short ones). Initially no problems but then I started to have range issues with my P4 and then complete loss of connection resulting in RTH. Thankfully my bird RTH'd with no problem. I changed back to my original (Apple) lightning cable and no problems of that nature since. RTH is a great facility but reading through the forum it isn't 100% reliable and anyway I imagine it is far better to be in control of your bird at all times. A valuable lesson learned and thankfully without cost or incident.
2017-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

'RTH is a great facility but reading through the forum it isn't 100% reliable and anyway I imagine it is far better to be in control of your bird at all times.'

In reverse order, yes, it is far better to be in control of your aircraft at all times, and not rely on RTH. However RTH is remarkably reliable, providing you understand how it works, and unfortunately not many people understand the limitations of RTH. It is important to read up on it and practice it and how to take back control, the worst time to be learning about it is when it is your only chance of getting the aircraft back.
2017-2-26
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434593 ft
Thailand

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-26 01:30
'RTH is a great facility but reading through the forum it isn't 100% reliable and anyway I imagine it is far better to be in control of your bird at all times.'

In reverse order, yes, it is far better to be in control of your aircraft at all times, and not rely on RTH. However RTH is remarkably reliable, providing you understand how it works, and unfortunately not many people understand the limitations of RTH. It is important to read up on it and practice it and how to take back control, the worst time to be learning about it is when it is your only chance of getting the aircraft back.

I shall rephrase and say that  RTH isn't 100% foolproof.
2017-2-26
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

Lots of horror stories about non-Apple lightning cables.  I won't use third party cables.  If I remember correctly, they may void Apple warranty.
2017-2-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a very subjective question. I have used a non Apple cables with absolutely no problems at all.  Cambond has metal connectors that last. I have been using them for 1.5 years with no signs of wear.
The poster that said it voids the warranty is inaccurate IMO... what is he thinking?
Link to short certifed cables

FYI:  The RTH function is usually a nice failsafe tool but can be subject many things that can cause it not to work correctly. My friend, the cable is not one of them!

These cables are great and they have excellent customer service if you need it.

Rich
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's a good idea to use Apple verified lightning cable (MFI) ,  it actually has an apple authorized chip in it.  Not the case for Android phones.
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules