Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LOST CONTACT WITH DRONE AND IT FLEW ON AND ON
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Had a bit of time to do some droning today.  When starting up for pre flight checks got a compass warning and to shut down drone and restart it. Did that and all fine. Flew from my village to a neighbouring village and back. All OK.

I then decide that I will really do a shoot and scoot down my valley in the mountains.  I launched from a track and field area just infront of my home.
Gives me somewhere to sit down. Flying into the afternoon sun so can see my smartphone a bit better. This is what I have teh drone for to view the roads around my mountains.

Anyways my Phantom 3 Standard reaches 2700m and I can't squeeze anymore distance out of it so I let it RTH. About 1600m from home I lost all contact.  Nada nup nil Phone screen goes dark grey then black out.  Shut down app restart no contact. So I go well calm down laddy.  I went 400m up for the flight and my flight path is in the middle of the ravine in the mountains. What could go wrong? At least I probably won't have my drone fly into a mountain.

So I waited patiently, sure enough I hear that familiar drone sound but can't see my drone.  Restart the RC and the Go app on phone.
Drone is still 400m up there and only several meters distance. So I let it auto descend then finally stopped the RTH and manually landed.

I lost RC signal at 1600m distance on my flight record. Bummer

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... 8b5&page_id=GENERAL

2017-2-26
Use props
Gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

That turned out differently than the headline seemed to imply.  While I'm glad to hear it didn't fly off into the sunset, never to be seen again I must say it seems you're testing your limits considering you got five warnings of "Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home"!
2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Gil Posted at 2017-2-26 02:42
That turned out differently than the headline seemed to imply.  While I'm glad to hear it didn't fly off into the sunset, never to be seen again I must say it seems you're testing your limits considering you got five warnings of "Signal Lost. Aircraft Returning Home"!

With the Argtek you can get signal lost at speed. Simply wait for the RTH, stop that, stop moving, then you will re-aquire the signal and can push on a bit more.

However that is not an issue as fly in GPPS and RTH does work.  I think my Go APP crashed... screen went said RC lost signal ( when it hadn't ) at 1600m away, grey then black. It was frozen on screen so I shut it down. Also shut down RC.  Luckily I got the whole flight on video which still recorded.  

So wondering what that was about. Drone did what it was supposed to do with no RC and Go App signal, it came home.

2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Flight record. Just stops  but no sign of trouble.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/HPEQEIMBC18FD872YXVU/

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... amp;page_id=GENERAL

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... amp;page_id=GENERAL

2017-2-26
Use props
DroneSmeg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Geez, blackcrusader. You were already in RTH, so all you had to do was sit and wait for it to come home automatically. But I guess that doesn't make for good headlines.

2017-2-26
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Did I understand you correctly?  Do you have the Argtek antenna mod installed?  I never could get more than 1,500 feet out of my P3S.  I mostly fly my P3Pro, but still practice manuvers close in with the P3S.   Other than the Tablet holder, it is  not modified in any way,
2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

djordan2 Posted at 2017-2-26 08:30
Did I understand you correctly?  Do you have the Argtek antenna mod installed?  I never could get more than 1,500 feet out of my P3S.  I mostly fly my P3Pro, but still practice manuvers close in with the P3S.   Other than the Tablet holder, it is  not modified in any way,

Yes I have the Argtek Antenna on.  Range can be limited by terrestrial interference in suburbs and cities.
1500ft isn't bad if that's where you are.

2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-2-26 07:11
Geez, blackcrusader. You were already in RTH, so all you had to do was sit and wait for it to come home automatically. But I guess that doesn't make for good headlines.

[view_image]

I would never have a click bait post...
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules