Mavic says in-flight when it is on the ground?!
865 10 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yonuwK8ymzkl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 874278 ft
Singapore

Hi fellows. Encountered an anomaly a couple of times today. Hope some of you can provide some insight.

There are 2 times I powered on the Mavic & the props go into  low-speed spin immediately. I had the RC powered on before I powered on  the Mavic but I did not touch my RC/phone at all. Then I noticed  something strange: there is no auto-take-off button on the left-side of  my phone display. Which diverted my eyes to the RC: it says "Taking  off!". Which diverted my eyes back to my mobile phone; at the top-left bar it says the Mavic is "in-flight!"!!!

Which isn't true in reality. As can be seen in this photo the Mavic is  firmly on the ground (never lift off). Observe all the erroneous  information on the RC & mobile phone display (pointed by my finger).

So...what gives?

N.B. I did manage to have the Mavic performed as expected at the same  venue, i.e. boot up without props spinning, auto-take off & landing  with no hiccups...this anomaly occurred twice & both times after I  powered on after a switch in battery.

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-26 at 5.46.12 PM.jpeg
2017-2-26
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

That's fr4eaky and scary at the same time that the props spin up as soon as power is turned on. I'd set the Mavic back to factory defaults and then reload the newest firmware. If it ever did it again I'd be looking to get it sent in for repair/replacement.
2017-2-26
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

That's freaky and scary at the same time that the props spin up as soon as power is turned on. I'd set the Mavic back to factory defaults and then reload the newest firmware. If it ever did it again I'd be looking to get it sent in for repair/replacement. But that's just me and not necessarily the best advice. Hopefully one of the DJI mods can chime in. Good luck!
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you launch the motor, it will shows as in-flight. There's no need to worry about it.
2017-2-26
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Maybe You switched on the battery when You inserted it ? It happened to me once that - when I removed the battery - I accidently hit the power-button of the batt and it did not switch off after removal from MP (green light steady lit on batt)

Then I reinserted the batt with green light on (RC/smartie switched off) and MP immediately was on. I restarted RC and switched MP off and everything went back to normal.
2017-2-27
Use props
yonuwK8ymzkl
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-26 23:40
If you launch the motor, it will shows as in-flight. There's no need to worry about it.

May I know what do you mean by "launch the motor"? Do you mean "arm the motor" by performing the CSC?If so, nope, I didn't input anything via the RC/mobile phone when I power the main craft on (& the anomaly occurred).
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yonuwK8ymzkl Posted at 2017-2-27 01:29
May I know what do you mean by "launch the motor"? Do you mean "arm the motor" by performing the CSC?If so, nope, I didn't input anything via the RC/mobile phone when I power the main craft on (& the anomaly occurred).

I saw the motor has been started and the propellers were rotating.
Could you please make a short video for batter assistance?
2017-2-28
Use props
yonuwK8ymzkl
lvl.2
Singapore

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-2-27 00:31
Maybe You switched on the battery when You inserted it ? It happened to me once that - when I removed the battery - I accidently hit the power-button of the batt and it did not switch off after removal from MP (green light steady lit on batt)

Then I reinserted the batt with green light on (RC/smartie switched off) and MP immediately was on. I restarted RC and switched MP off and everything went back to normal.

You may have solved the mystery. That was my first session with the Mavic; I could definitely see excitement & nervousness causing me to fumble with the duration & sequence specific to when I depress the button on the battery versus when I insert it. In fact, I may have pressed the button on the battery when extracting it from the main drone unit as well.
2017-3-6
Use props
yonuwK8ymzkl
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-28 01:48
I saw the motor has been started and the propellers were rotating.
Could you please make a short video for batter assistance?

Took my Mavic out for a few more flights & couldn't repeat the situation (which is a good thing).
2017-3-6
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

yonuwK8ymzkl Posted at 2017-3-6 05:06
Took my Mavic out for a few more flights & couldn't repeat the situation (which is a good thing).

Hope it never happens again ..............  Have nice flights  
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yonuwK8ymzkl Posted at 2017-3-6 05:06

If you have any further issue, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules