P4P+ -- How do you get data logs from remote controller?
3506 8 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sd603
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274465 ft
United States

When I hook the controller to my PC via USB cable, it shows up in devices as GL300E.  In Windows file explorer I see two USB drives when the controller is connected, however they are grayed out.

Any help would be appreciated.

2017-2-26
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
United States

Anyone?  How about DJI representatives?  I crashed and want to upload the log.
2017-2-26
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can retrieve the logs by syncing them in DJI GO and then pulling them down by syncing them from a different mobile device that's running DJI GO. See this thread for more details.
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash, have you contacted our tech support to report the case?
As mentioned above, you can sync the flight records through DJI GO, then provide us APP account (e-mail) and the exact time it happened, our engineers will help you analyze it.
Also I do suggest you to send it in for evaluation and repair.
2017-2-26
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-26 23:37
Sorry to hear about the crash, have you contacted our tech support to report the case?
As mentioned above, you can sync the flight records through DJI GO, then provide us APP account (e-mail) and the exact time it happened, our engineers will help you analyze it.
Also I do suggest you to send it in for evaluation and repair.

Hi Natalia,

Yes, I am able to and have synced the flight records to the DJI cloud.  I have initiated the return / replace / refresh process and have indicated "manufacturer defect".   I am now waiting for UPS shipping label which was indicated at 2 days.  So all of this process is in order.

So back to my original question, how can I DOWNLOAD the flight records from my remote control?  It seems like DJI has the process blocked.  Again, I can see the unit connected to Windows and when I go into Windows file explorer I can see two USB drives associated with the unit.  However, those USB drives are grayed out and can't be accessed.

The P4P and all other Phantoms have ability to access and download these files.  I can't on the P4P+ -- Is this a manufacturer's defect?  Should I be sending the remote control in for replacement as well?

2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sd603 Posted at 2017-2-27 01:31
Hi Natalia,

Yes, I am able to and have synced the flight records to the DJI cloud.  I have initiated the return / replace / refresh process and have indicated "manufacturer defect".   I am now waiting for UPS shipping label which was indicated at 2 days.  So all of this process is in order.

You could not access to the log, please send in the remote together with the aircraft for evaluation.
2017-2-27
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
United States

Ok, how do I change the current repair process to include remote?
2017-2-27
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
United States

Natalia,

I am fine sending back controller once you indicate how I can modify current return (I got label today for 10lbs).

Question - the issue downloading flight data certainly seems like a software issue.  Can you confirm that your engineers can in fact download flight data from a P4P+ to a Windows 10 PC?
2017-2-27
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
United States

sd603 Posted at 2017-2-27 10:53
Natalia,

I am fine sending back controller once you indicate how I can modify current return (I got label today for 10lbs).

Natalia,

I used the info provided by another poster in this thread to download my flight data.  Note that required I install DJI go on my phone and sync it with cloud and get data from my phone.  In a nutshell there is no way to download data directly from the + controller, you need to do this workaround.  Please report to product development and engineers a request to fix this defect in the + controller.

2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules