Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 200 Announced
12Next >
10165 56 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Just announced!

Check it out on the official site :http://www.dji.com/matrice-200-series

2017-2-26
Use props
PinpointMapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Almost everything I want, multiple camera mounts, dual battery, good flight time, but why not a hexacopter?  If I have a xt and a x5s camera installed I'd feel a lot better with some prop redundancy....
2017-2-26
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-2-26 08:35
Almost everything I want, multiple camera mounts, dual battery, good flight time, but why not a hexacopter?  If I have a xt and a x5s camera installed I'd feel a lot better with some prop redundancy....

I have a few question since the m200 can handle z30 and xt can i mount the XT or Z30 to the Inspire 2?

- The TB55 are compatible with the Inspire 2?
2017-2-26
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can someone at DJI correct the spelling mistake on the Specs page lol..................they mispelled vision as VISIOM !!

System looks fantastic though, and will come at a price for sure !
2017-2-26
Use props
SKYZKING
lvl.1

Australia

Is there a release date yet? I would like to know when it will be available in Australia.
2017-2-26
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

SKYZKING Posted at 2017-2-26 17:35
Is there a release date yet? I would like to know when it will be available in Australia.

They said Q2 2017
2017-2-27
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Looks great.

Already a couple of comparisons going up - https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... 600-pro-inspire-2/.

Seems like the Matrice 200 is better for Inspections than the M600, but if you're primarily photography, the Inspire 2 is still the better option.
2017-2-27
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Sweet. I'll wait 6 months after release for the pro version to handle any issues that are in this initial batch and avoid being another guinea pig like the m600.
2017-2-27
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

shawn_ Posted at 2017-2-27 08:16
Sweet. I'll wait 6 months after release for the pro version to handle any issues that are in this initial batch and avoid being another guinea pig like the m600.

Very wise shawn, once bitten and all that!
2017-2-27
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's disappointing this is a quad.  If it was a hex I'd buy it for sure.  
2017-2-27
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-2-27 12:30
It's disappointing this is a quad.  If it was a hex I'd buy it for sure.

Agreed, not as much redundancy, which is one of the key components our customers grade our operations on.
2017-2-27
Use props
Bando Works
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253704 ft
United States

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-2-26 08:41
I have a few question since the m200 can handle z30 and xt can i mount the XT or Z30 to the Inspire 2?

Would love to know this as well.  The Z30 would be a game changer on the I2!!
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-2-26 08:41

For the battery, I'm double checking that. In regards to the XT, it's going to have the same mounting issue as the X3, X5 etc. The M200 has a mount just for the Xt to be used in tandem with the other cameras, so it's not meant to be the sole camera. The Z30 would be able to mount to the I2, but it would not read properly. The Inspire series is primarily for cinema photography and videography, it's not geared for industrial use.
2017-2-27
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-27 16:40
For the battery, I'm double checking that. In regards to the XT, it's going to have the same mounting issue as the X3, X5 etc. The M200 has a mount just for the Xt to be used in tandem with the other cameras, so it's not meant to be the sole camera. The Z30 would be able to mount to the I2, but it would not read properly. The Inspire series is primarily for cinema photography and videography, it's not geared for industrial use.

ok thanks Jamie for the info.
2017-2-27
Use props
fansed04fceb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

Hello jamie Can you give information about the dual camera system? If it will be available on the matrice 600?
2017-2-28
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
United States

fansed04fceb Posted at 2017-2-28 05:19
Hello jamie Can you give information about the dual camera system? If it will be available on the matrice 600?

Now this I would be interested in as well.
2017-2-28
Use props
dopey-tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So umm are any of the cameras waterproof???
2017-2-28
Use props
fans2dcf1da8
New

United States

What's the price tag for the M200?
2017-2-28
Use props
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2dcf1da8 Posted at 2017-2-28 10:08

Coming Soon......................
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansed04fceb Posted at 2017-2-28 05:19

Since the M200/210 is using the same hardware as the Inspire 2, including the I2 flight controller and image processor, It's not currenly available nor usable on the M600/Pro. They would still need to address being able to have just the X4S or X5S as a stand alone camera on the M600 series.
2017-2-28
Use props
Bullflyer
Second Officer

Spain

shawn_ Posted at 2017-2-28 06:01
Now this I would be interested in as well.

Take it easy, because we have seen before what happened with the Inspire 1 and 2, the Phantom 3, 4 and 4 pro. I don't want to be a Matrice 200 tester and paying. No thank you, once and no more.....
2017-2-28
Use props
CAAirborne
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

fans2dcf1da8 Posted at 2017-2-28 10:08

I have a friend who has a friend who has a... anyway, word from an "insider" is that the base unit will be in the ballpark of $4500 USD, with top-shelf being around $8000 USD.
2017-3-1
Use props
cws-shepardb
lvl.2
United States

Any chance the 200 would support a X5 and a second gimbal with multispectral (MicroSense RedEdge)?  The Parrot Sequoia does not fit the bill.
2017-3-1
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

This all looks nice, but why would I buy a new DJI product when they can't even make defective free Inspires? I am on my third unit, last two both were defective out of the box.
2017-3-1
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

This looks like a fantastic platform, however I'd be disappointed and unlikely to purchase one if DJI releases the M200 before they get the problems with the P4P+ controller straightened out.  I think I'll wait on future v1 platforms from DJI until they can prove their commitment to one or both of the following two areas.  

A) DJI performs extensive R&D as well and QC time into new product (v1) platforms before they are released, taking the burden of "trial by fire" and unnecessary liability off of the consumer's plate.  
B) DJI prioritizes performance related problems within their engineering department to resolve any bugs that cause their products to fall short of their marketing claims when expediently introducing a new product to the marketplace.
2017-3-1
Use props
memo.problem
lvl.2

Russia

Hi DJI, possible to say me product name of M200 ??   Matrice 100 has  product name - tp1406 , but what about M200 ?
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-3-1 10:02
I have a friend who has a friend who has a... anyway, word from an "insider" is that the base unit will be in the ballpark of $4500 USD, with top-shelf being around $8000 USD.

You never know with pricing, not quite sure how accurate your "friend's friend's (xNth°) friend'" is.

You're right, "insider" is more to the point.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

cws-shepardb Posted at 2017-3-1 15:57
Any chance the 200 would support a X5 and a second gimbal with multispectral (MicroSense RedEdge)?  The Parrot Sequoia does not fit the bill.

If you're referring to the regular X5, it's not listed to be compatible at this time. If you're referring to the X5S, then it may be a little tricky. Regardig the latter, I would have to look into it to see if it would be possible. Since this give a few mounting options for a DJI camera (top/bottom) it could be physically feasible, but I'm not sure how much control you would have of the 3rd party gimbal (SDK may be needed).
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-3-1 17:36
This all looks nice, but why would I buy a new DJI product when they can't even make defective free Inspires? I am on my third unit, last two both were defective out of the box.

Is this referring to a battery issue you had back in January, or is this another case? If you're having issues, you can either start a new thread or PM so we can try and get it sorted.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Flying High AZ Posted at 2017-3-1 23:02
This looks like a fantastic platform, however I'd be disappointed and unlikely to purchase one if DJI releases the M200 before they get the problems with the P4P+ controller straightened out.  I think I'll wait on future v1 platforms from DJI until they can prove their commitment to one or both of the following two areas.  

A) DJI performs extensive R&D as well and QC time into new product (v1) platforms before they are released, taking the burden of "trial by fire" and unnecessary liability off of the consumer's plate.  

What kind of issues are you having with the P4P+ exactly? If you've already provided this information elsewhere, you can post the link here so I can take a look at it.
2017-3-3
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-3 13:24
What kind of issues are you having with the P4P+ exactly? If you've already provided this information elsewhere, you can post the link here so I can take a look at it.

Hello Jamie, thank you for your response.

Most of it is covered in the following link.  My posts are on the last page.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 5448&pid=713563  

I've noticed problems with video signal feed dropouts, the "glitch" in video recordings at 4k60p, the controller has frozen up 3 times mid flight forcing me to land 100% VLOS, and live streaming via youtube & rtmp suffers from dropped frames because the stream's bitrate is not properly limited to the maximum bitrate that the streaming service supports.  The RC is unable to save, copy, or move videos to the built in micro sd card.   I don't believe I have defective hardware, but P4P+ consumers are in dire need of a firmware update for the RC.  We haven't received an update since the beginning of December, and have no indication of when the next firmware will be released.  We're already starting to see DJI release new products, when those of us who bought into the P4P+ v1 platform are being left unattended.  
2017-3-3
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Нарешті можна буде подивитися вгору, як там мости, не розсипаються?
2017-3-5
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the M200 has the same 500 meter limit above the controller as its other "professional" sUAS its going to be useless as a SAR platform for mountainous regions.   Additionally the ability to fly in rain or snow is negated in the USA because you must maintain 2000 feet clearance from clouds and visibility of 3 miles something one rarely sees in storms or even rain showers.  I dont see a way this requirement can be waived.
2017-3-6
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

DJI contacted me today as i asked for full details of the new M200 range. I'm based in China with an International client that i do survey work for.  DJI said i need to sign an NDA first then i can visit them in Shenzhen.
All very secret stuff.

But on reflection although it has the options for two camera which is very useful the lack of prop redundancy is a major problem for me. As mentioned here i think i will wait and see what the full details are and see how the "beta" buyers react first.
2017-3-7
Use props
aerialdroneostr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157 ft
Italy

I owns Sequoia mulispectral. camera: how is M200 compatible with?
2017-3-7
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-3 13:24

Dear @DJI-Jamie,

I never received a response from you with regards to your inquiry about outstanding P4P+ issues not being handled before the release of new products by DJI.  I'm post #36 on this thread, and I also included a link to a pre-existing thread as requested by you.  I haven't  seen a response there either.  I feel like there is a big problem with P4P+ remote control and DJI knows it -- but are not saying anything other than "send it in for repair".  What's going on here?
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Flying High AZ Posted at 2017-3-8 06:28
Dear @DJI-Jamie,

I never received a response from you with regards to your inquiry about outstanding P4P+ issues not being handled before the release of new products by DJI.  I'm post #36 on this thread, and I also included a link to a pre-existing thread as requested by you.  I haven't  seen a response there either.  I feel like there is a big problem with P4P+ remote control and DJI knows it -- but are not saying anything other than "send it in for repair".  What's going on here?

I did respond on the other thread in regards to trying out the latest firmware that came out to see if there are any changes, I was post #197. Based on what you've mentioned on both threads, a repair service would be the best course of action of getting both the RC and aircraft issues addressed. It may not be the route you want to take, but it's the one that will get you up and running again as soon as possible. What was described on the last thread was reported to the proper team for further review, but that's the most that can be done for now.
2017-3-8
Use props
MydroneReview
lvl.3

Germany

The Dji MAtric 200 is waterproof and time flight can up to 35min really ?! Source of this information https://Dji.com and https://mydronereview.blogspot.c ... ice-200-series.html
2017-3-10
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

This thing looks sick.  I tried to pre-order it for my company.  No luck yet, any info is appreciated!!
2017-3-13
Use props
Hooks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Hi DJI Jamie,

I am curious about the development of the onboard RTK option... I looked at previous options for RTK from DJI and where the development was last I checked, it did not meet my needs.  

Has there been any development on the RTK option for this new release?  Will we see an ability to record cm level accurate geotags to captured photos?  If not, can you tell us if DJI is working on this tech for a possible M700 build??  

Thanks
2017-3-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules