Moses Mountain Staten Island, NYC
711 4 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Did a flight yesterday i've been wanting to do for a long time. This is Moses mountain part of the Greenbelt trail in Staten Island. I originally wanted to do it in the Fall but I only had a vision 2+ at that time and couldn't get any decent range out of it. I'm also not that much satisfied with this flight. I orginally had a litchi waypoint mission for it but I'm too afraid of it malfunctioning so I decided I'd just fly it manually instead since it would be a LOS no further than half a mile flight. What stopped me from flying the waypoint route exactly as i intended it to fly was too much sun to really see my screen, and there were huge nats flying all around me so I tried making the flight quick as possible plus I was nervous of losing it cause all I read about is fly aways and mid flight bricks on this site. But I've never had any issues with my mavic so I had enough confidence to do the flight. Also i had occasional freezes as usual on my neus 5x causing some of the flight to look jumpy and non cinematic. So without futher nonsense I present my quick flight at Moses Mountain.
Settings:
d-cinlike
4k/30
0-0-0
nd 8 filter
sunny wb
everything else autopost graded in power director 15

P.S. if you would like to see this flight with annotations explaining what sites youre seeing watch this video instead and skip to 10:43 (does not work on mobile)

2017-2-26
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Man that's one bleak looking landscape!  Won't it be nice for those of us coming out of winter conditions to reach summer and actually have some color in our videos?
2017-2-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-2-26 10:55
Man that's one bleak looking landscape!  Won't it be nice for those of us coming out of winter conditions to reach summer and actually have some color in our videos?

Yeah. Actually i kind of like that you can see thru the trees without the leaves and actually see the trails. I'm deff going to redo this flight in the summer tho and hopefully a little more slower and more cinematic. I need to bring bug spray next time. btw what are people using as a shade for the phone from the sun?
2017-2-26
Use props
Toppop
New

United States

I have a question
2017-4-25
Use props
Toppop
New

United States

What entrance did you use to get to the moses mountain